🐈
» Forums » Support » Client asking me to go to Fiverr after his is...
Page options
e693abd3
Community Member

Client asking me to go to Fiverr after his issues with the payment

Hey,

It was my first chat with a client on Upwork. I knew the project and how to handle it. After agreeing on terms, he said please place an offer before starting the project. He said he couldn't add any cards because of a "Recent Charge Failed" issue.

He kept asking me to go to Fiverr to start the project, and I kept rejecting. He said that Upwork said it'll take 24 to 48 hours, and he couldn't wait for Upwork to solve the issue. However, I refused it, and he started interviewing with someone else.

It was really disappointing that after trying so hard to get the first job, Upwork payment problems got in the way. I saw other people that had the same problem for no clear reason.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
e693abd3
Community Member

It turned out there was something wrong with the client, not with Upwork. The client messaged me a day after I rejected him, saying his payment issues were fixed and he had hired someone. He didn't know I could check how many hires he had made so far. So, I went ahead and reported this liar's messages. To my surprise, the Upwork team suspended the client 10 minutes after I reported him. Therefore, I don't think it's a good idea to switch to another platform or share contact info with clients, as it could result in permanent suspension.

They didn't return my connects, but I feel better now. Upwork is crowded with these types of clients.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

I think that someone will agree for fiver and will be hired there. This job is lost for you.

24-48 just a default template. It may take much more. Sorry, but as-is.

e693abd3
Community Member

That's really funny. I didn't know that it's OK as long as you keep it between yourselves. The way Upwork handles these kinds of issues is really sad, Meykola, but I needed his feedback here. Because it was my first project, I didn't need his money or project. He needed me, but I think it isn't worth the risk. I was really surprised by how hard he attempted to persuade me to move to Fiverr. And I'm shocked by the way.

He attempted because he need this job done.

Lets think that client is legit: you registered. found freelancer, ready to start ... but stuck with Upwork. Your choice? 

Yep, iy is funny but very pity.

I can't agree with you more.
Thanks for your honest response.

e693abd3
Community Member

It turned out there was something wrong with the client, not with Upwork. The client messaged me a day after I rejected him, saying his payment issues were fixed and he had hired someone. He didn't know I could check how many hires he had made so far. So, I went ahead and reported this liar's messages. To my surprise, the Upwork team suspended the client 10 minutes after I reported him. Therefore, I don't think it's a good idea to switch to another platform or share contact info with clients, as it could result in permanent suspension.

They didn't return my connects, but I feel better now. Upwork is crowded with these types of clients.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths