🐈
» Forums » Support » Connects for Interviews Won
Page options
2c724a5e
Community Member

Connects for Interviews Won

This week, we are making two significant changes, we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. 

Check out the product update for Connects for Interviews Won and let us know your thoughts about this update in the comments below.

280 REPLIES 280

Hello Alexandra, I also think the same as you. I have 100 job success and I am better valued. Although this for me is as if the wind was blowing in my face. I mean, this doesn't give me any motivation. What motivates me is that the client sees my talent, and believe me that many clients are capable of moving heaven and earth to find you anywhere if you really meet their solutions (remember never to give contacts and wait 2 years before working with a client external "Upwork", because they can take legal and judicial actions against you). Many times I saw the injustices of this platform. But let me recommend a tip. Do not leave the platform. Start making a career on the other "platforms" (there are more and more). And leave it there, in your case you have the possibility to wait to be invited. But always send a proposal once a month. Because I understand that "Upwork" can also penalize you if you don't apply. But don't feel alone, I hope you feel accompanied with an answer. Only accompanied. Since we cannot achieve solutions.

fuentescarlosok
Community Member

In my experience, when I first came to "Upwork" I only spent money on memberships once. I DID NOT WIN any job, and I never spent any more money to get a job. I just went to try my luck on another platform. After a year "Upwork" insisted that my profile was disabled for not having activity. Among those many emails that they sent me and that I ignored, one appeared that said that they were giving away 10 connections. OK come back and apply. The next month I applied again with another 10 connections and got my first client. At the end of that same year after several twists and turns with the "Upwork policies" I achieved more than 10 thousand dollars and today I have 100 in work success and I am among the most valued. IF YOU ARE NEW HERE don't worry USE YOUR INTELLIGENCE and you TALENT to achieve clients. I NEVER pay to get a job. THAT RULE was taught to me by my FATHER. I only paid the membership that time, out of curiosity, in my case it didn't work. But let's recognize that "Upwork" like any platform of this style and that there are many, more and more. They need to make money :money_bag: too. So this is business for them. BUT if "Upwork" realized that by giving away 70 connections to newcomers they would have talents like mine on their platform. I think the stock market would rise much faster. I don't even pretend that connections are given to me because I already know how to handle myself here. And I also understand that there are selfish people who are already very established and don't want competition. That's why they say don't give away more connections. I like competition more than money. In fact I'm not here for money, I'm here to prove my talent to myself.

mancm
Community Member

So, you are admitting your incompetence in terms of fight the fakers, and your best solution is punish the honest freelancers, just like with the stupid JSS which is creating wrong picture about the freelancer, and I have proven it to your support multiple times, and you will only take it into cosidiration in improvement, but you are not capable to do it "ovevrnight" although this is something that is causing damage to many honest and hardworking freelancers, and this just opens a window for more Fake profiles and jobs on your platform, and now you have openly admitted that you have no solutions, but your only solutions are punish all the freelancers.

feel_good
Community Member

I don't think this is a solution at all.  Basically what you are doing is forcing freelancer to buy connects more often.
If you find freelancers who are scamming the system you can force them outside the system. Now you are forcing all freelancers to buy connects very often.  

hossamyz
Community Member

There must be clear standards and rules for how you will give free calls!~

949373f7
Community Member

I Got a successful interview from the client two days ago but did not receive connects yet.

Hi Zohaib,

Thank you for your message. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won. Check out our announcement section for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cef56c2f
Community Member

It's the second time I got interviewed by the clients but not receiving the free 10 connects from Upwork.

7118fae4
Community Member

here's a few solves instead of a complaint:
1) write a rule that if a job post is not payment verified, do not approve. I've never found an unverified job posting to be real or respond to a proposal.
2) any duplicate job posts should not be approved to go live unless the original job post is taken down.
3) Refund Connects to the freelancer if the proposal has not been responded to in 7 days not just upon job removal.
* This will aid in combating the spammers rather than just flag as inappropriate

mohnabilfadl
Community Member

Hey there, I got 3 interviews the last 24 hours and didn't receive any free connects.

Hi Mohamed,

Please note that we recently put out an update that we're no longer awarding Free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of connects rewarded in these cases. You may want to check this recently posted update about the Connects for Interview Won.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Too many people were abusing/gaming that feature to get free connects. 

ankita-bha
Community Member

On 29 octobrer i got an interview. but still not got 10 free connects for winning interview.

Hi Mrs A,

Thank you for your message. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won. Check out our announcement section for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
dcapdevielle
Community Member

I am an Architect Top Rated Plus, working with this platform since 2009.  For the past months I haven´t had interviews. Before the outrageous "connects" system I used to apply to 10-15 jobs per day to get interviews.  Now I can afford to apply for 3-5 jobs per day. (buying connects) Most jobs are not awarded to anyone and clients do not close/cancel them. WE SHOULD GET CONNECTS BACK if jobs are not awarded to anyone.
I used to be happy with upwork and my work. I am now building my profile on other platforms because I can not find a way to get jobs as I used to.
Any help with this will be much appreciated.

100 percent true agreed.

aia_studio
Community Member

Hi Daniela,  I am Top Rated Architect too and I agree Daniela, they should and that is easy to do and makes total sense. I don't know why Upwork never considered that option. Lately not only I have been getting less and less interviews but whenever I do the rates are ridiculous. I am not sure if this is an Upwork issue or a global economical one but one thing for sure is that in the last couple of month things have change and for the worst, just look at the posts frequency, rate and monitor the none-hire increasing ratio, absurd!

mancm
Community Member

With this decision and with the JSS, Upwork is causing tremedous damage to many Freelancers, but it seems that Upwork is not grateful to the Freelancing community, from which they are earning too.

Upwork's JSS is calculating the client's private and not public Feedback, BUT it asks NO EVIDENCE if poor feedback is provided, which is ridiculous and I have proven them wrong, but they have done nothing about it, in other case for the same job we changed the Terms with the client, but Upwork is calculating this as two separate jobs and asks us to FORCE the client to provide us feedback TWICE, which is ridiculous,.

Conclusion is that Upwork's intelligent algorithm is NOT so intelligent, just like the ones who brought these decisions and changes.

They support higher paid Freelancers, but lately the rates offered by the clients are significangly decreased, now, why don't you limit the lowest rates, as to reduce the cheap workers.

And this is why there are more and more Freelancing platforms, LinkedIn is already beating Upwork significantly in that field, but there are many more on the rise too, who are NOT charging that much, who do NOT have such "intelligent" algorithms and by that do NOT cause damager to the Freelancers from whom they are earning too.

fuentescarlosok
Community Member

This is what is happening, many are making a career on other platforms. It seems that in the "competition" of "Upwork" more and more professionals are working and moving there. But I don't understand those surveys that they send us asking us if we would recommend this platform to someone... (I think the answer is obvious). It is also true that many lie because they fear that "Upwork" will retaliate if they do not answer things in their favor. On the other hand, they send us "events" or "seminars" on how to win customers. And then they put barriers to us with the purchase of connections (how to win customers? hahaha). I don't know if this is unfair. But nobody can deny that "Upwork" is a crazy person who contradicts himself all the time. If you want us to buy connections, don't bother with those seminars on how to win customers. (I guess this is just a business for the one giving the seminar) I don't know, I never signed up for this. I never needed it. But it sounds like those "gurus" of how to earn money without working hahaha. So I think in general people don't like falsehood. I propose that Upwork charges you the connections if you want at 100 dollars each "connection" or 1000 dollars or whatever you want. But please stop harassing me with those seminars on how to win clients. I once received a notification from someone who advised me to lower the price to win jobs. (I took the time to reply... I think it was someone from this community forum) and I wrote to him that I would gladly reduce my hourly rate, if the "Upwork" commission is also reduced. Sometimes I feel like the people at these seminars or "gurus" or I don't know what to call them... I think they think we're "foolish" beings who would obey these "advice" as if we were in a cult or something. Anyway "Upwork" I hope you don't mind my comment. Take it as constructive criticism.

appdevexpert
Community Member

Hi There,

I have seen that all interview where I have sent proposals (Not invitations), and I have interviewd or interviewed + hired. I got back my connect with bonus. But I have one job titled "Expo Mobile Applicatio  Help" contract ID 31860435. I have interviewed and hired. But I did not get back any connect for this proposal.

But I should get the connect. Can you help me on this?

Thanks,

Monir

Hi Md M,

Thank you for your message. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We made the changes above in response, to ensure fairness and preserve the value of Connects for those who honestly earn and buy them. Check out our announcement section for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
fengguochuan
Community Member

I submit the proposal and the client directly sent me the offer.... so I did not deserve the connects.

That is what the customer support told me.....

Hi Feng,

Thank you for your message. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We made the changes above in response, to ensure fairness and preserve the value of Connects for those who honestly earn and buy them. Check out our announcement section for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
820bf248
Community Member

Hi,i submited a proposal to a client and she gave me reply back,but i didn't recieve any connects.

plz tell me what is the reason?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
92f68124
Community Member

Did not get connects 

Hi!

I got interviewed around 24 hours ago for 2 PROPOSALS that I submitted. 

Also If I get invitations from clients whom I never worked with, do I get connections?

Thanks

1. There is a new policy for connects after interview.

2. No. 

kasundeli
Community Member

Hi 

I have not received connects for winning an interview for a recently submiited proposal. Job link : https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~015f01f7d9ad1704ea

I have understood, the policy has been changed. How will we know, whether the job will award connects? 

I request upwork to reconsider this decision or making amendments to this decision since this will demotivate the genuine freelancers.

Thank you. 

amjadaslam93
Community Member

Yesterday, I got an interview but today I did not get the 10 free connects. Can anyone tell me the reason?

Hi Amjad,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, I also get the job interview but don't get an award for free connects what happens?

I also check the history of connects but can't get any connects from the interview.

Hi Mubeen,

As mentioned in my above post, we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won. Check out our announcement section for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

please resolved the issue of my free connects award.

richardson_srj
Community Member

Wow!  I was surprised to receive connects after an interview yesterday and had to browse through the updates.  Thank you for this!

da8206cd
Community Member

Hi Nimali,

Thank you for your message. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Check out our announcement section for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
da8206cd
Community Member

We receive free Connects when we win an interview with an established client is a good thing for avoiding scam job postings because freelancers waste their connectors. Thanks

9a3256cb
Community Member

Free connects after winning an interview is available no more.

ritecraft
Community Member

Recently at least three or four times when a possible client has responded, I have not received the 10 free connects. On messaging upwork I received an email saying that connects are not awarded for each interview and it depends on various factors. Is this a new policy? Something that at least I did not know about. Surely if it is a policy change it should be announced on upwork's home page. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths