🐈
» Forums » Support » Contractor has disappeared
Page options
830f130d
Community Member

Contractor has disappeared

Hello

I need to please speak to someone from Upwork, the help centre is confusing and has no email address or way to chat to someone. If I end the contract I am worried this goes against me in terms of claims, the guide for asking for refunds has screenshots but none of these options appear for me.

I've been dealing with a contractor working on building an application for me, the contract started 2 years ago. They have had some money and we were speaking regularly with updates but I have had no communication or updates for almost 3 months. I have Microsoft Team chat logs from 2022 to 2024 as proof.

There is no trail or digital footprint online for this person anymore. I don't think they are a scammer but I am worried something my have happened like they have been involved in an accident, passed away or there is a legit reason for this. I've invested £1400 and a lot of time in this contract I had an unfinished application.

Can someone please help and point me in the right direction to get assistance.

Thank you

Stephen Murray

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We converted your post into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you soon to assist you with this. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
830f130d
Community Member

Thank you LuiggiR appreciate this 🙂

996d5c8d
Community Member

When a contractor disappears, it can disrupt project timelines and cause significant inconvenience. cable and internet bundles It's essential to take immediate action by contacting the contractor through various means, such as phone calls, emails, or registered letters. Simultaneously, explore legal options and review the contract terms to understand the available recourse. In some cases, finding a replacement contractor or seeking legal remedies may be necessary to mitigate the impact of the contractor's disappearance on the project.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths