🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Correction Required for Name Mismatch in ...
Page options
a_tacuyan
Community Member

Correction Required for Name Mismatch in ID Verification

Hello, I am reaching out for urgent support regarding a name discrepancy in the ID verification process on my Upwork account. My account displays my name correctly as "Andre Sebastian Pangilinan," yet the verification system incorrectly prompts for "ANDRE'S." This mismatch is inconsistent with my government-issued ID and my Upwork profile details.

I suspect a system error leading to this mismatch, making it impossible to verify my identity with the given name prompt. I request a prompt review and rectification of this error. Once corrected, I am ready to resubmit my ID for verification.

My support ticket is already open for almost 5 days with no response to my above request.

Thank you for your prompt attention to resolve this issue, enabling me to continue my work on Upwork without further delays.

Best regards,
Andre

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andre,

I checked the support ticket you are referring to and I see that the team has already restored your account. I have followed up with the team handling your verification and one of our team members will update your account as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andre Sebastian,

I reached out to the team handling the review and submitted a follow-up. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members on the same ticket momentarily. We genuinely appreciate your continued patience and understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a_tacuyan
Community Member

Hi Arjay, thank you for your reply and follow-up!

**Edited for Community Guidelines** from the support team has finally provided me an update that my account isn’t restricted any more, so I can get back to using Upwork as normal. 

However, my account still remains restricted with the message "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1-3 business days." I've attached a screenshot for reference. No response from Support team about this yet.

Could you please check the status of the ID review? 

Thanks for the help,
Andre

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for following up on this, Andre Sebastian,

I can confirm that the ticket linked to your case is still open, and you've also followed up with the team about your concerns. Please allow our team time, and the team will provide an update on the same ticket once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a_tacuyan
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I didn't receive any update yet from your team. Would you please expedite the review process for me?

Thanks,
Andre

Hi Andre,

I checked the support ticket you are referring to and I see that the team has already restored your account. I have followed up with the team handling your verification and one of our team members will update your account as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Sir

i also have the same issue . During ID verification, once I press get started. The name tab is auto filled with my old Primary card name (Umer Muhammad). I have changed the primary card also but I cannot change the name during id verification process and due to which I cannot verify my ID. Can I get some help in this regard please 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths