🐈
» Forums » Support » Credit Card Fraud
Page options
0e0b8ae2
Community Member

Credit Card Fraud

I am new to Upwork - have never been on this platform. My credit card has been charged USD1050 three times (!!!) today:

- 489625710REF

-489626074REF

- 489626287REF

I've contacted the bank and cancelled the card. This has been raised as a fraud claim and will be disputed by the bank on my behalf. If you are able to trace these transactions to your user, please disable their account and do the right thing! 

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Charmine, 

Please know that our team is currently investigating this further, and once we have more information, we'll update this thread.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

~ Avery
Upwork
defc10fa
Community Member

Hi there

My credit card has also been fraudulently charged with US$1050

"Upwork - 47786106**REF Dublin IE US1050" 

I have called my bank and reported this. Very alarming. not everyone checks their statement.

If Upwork team can trace these transactions to Upwork user or the person, please report and disable their operations and account.

I do not have an Upwork account. I just create this Upwork account today, so I can reply to this thread.

Hi Lee,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Let me share your post as well as account information with the team and they'll reach out to you directly for more information and to provide assistance. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
f5322170
Community Member

I tried so hard to submit my complaint  this website is ridiculous. I just opened an account to submit my complaint.

Can you help with this? 

I have never heard of upwork.com before. However, my credit 

card has been charged by upwork for around 1400 euros. This has been due to a fraud payment which I have found out it is linked to upwork, since the charges showed up to an upwork account. I also contacted my credit card company to cancel the transactions. I have not recieved any services from anybody on upwork and I request the charges to be canceled . I have the reference number of these transactions on my credit card. How can I follow this up from upwork?

Please let me know if you can help

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths