🐈
» Forums » Support » DISGUSTING LACK OF COMPETENCE!
Page options
81bc1986
Community Member

DISGUSTING LACK OF COMPETENCE!

Absolutely appaled with UpWork's support...or rather the lack of thereof! It's been well over a week of me mailing back and forth with the support about UpWork's verification app not working. I've tried every possible workaround both from the forum / docs and suggested by support (testing across multiple browsers, on 2 different phones, desktop mode, mobile mode etc.) and the app still cannot submit information - WHICH, JUDGING BY FORUM ENTRIES, IS A WELL-KNOWN APP BUG. So the problem is still unresolved, anytime I reply to a ticket I get assigned a new agent. THE AGENTS DO NOT READ THE TICKET HISTORY AT ALL, and keep on sending me the same generic wall of text with tips I've already all tried, without acknowledging that all the troubleshooting has been performed and the bug is clearly in the app itself (screenshots + screen recordings provided). I've wasted over a week talking to a wall and lost a customer who wanted to oboard me on a very lucrative contract, ALL BECAUSE UPWORK REFUSES TO ADMIT THERE IS AN ACTUAL TECHNICAL PROBLEM WITH THE APP AND THEY'RE UNWILLING TO PERFORM THE VERIFICATION BY HAND, NOR IS THERE ANY FALL-BACK MEASURE! I've seen more professionalism and customer care from a random Bangladesh seller from AliExpres!!! 

2 REPLIES 2
shahrukht20
Community Member

Yes, it happens with me as well mostly, the app run here and there and the run doesn't perform well..

I'd suggest you to remove the app from your phone and download it again, do change your password and then try with a new browser and it will work.

Already tried re-installing and different browsers, incognito mode as well, cache / cookies cleared... Password-wise I use Google Sign-In, so not sure how well would that work. Not really fancying changing my whole main Google Account password because UpWork cannot be bothered to actually do some work instead of just ripping people off on fees. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths