🐈
» Forums » Support » Deleting a client account
Page options
minette_6988
Community Member

Deleting a client account

Hi, 

How do I delete the client account on my Upwork.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jasmin,

If you need to close your client account only, while keeping your freelancer account, we can process that for you. Here’s how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

You can also post your request on this thread and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

397 REPLIES 397
a5742003
Community Member

Hello, 

I want to close my client account without closing my freelancer account. 

Hi Peter,

Your client profile is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
7d788201
Community Member

Hello

Delete my account please, i have closed all activities but im still not able to close my account, it is written that i have to call to concierge team,while im pushing button "close account", however im not able to do it!

Please, close and delete my account

Thank you

Hi Vlad,

Your account is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mdeyanh
Community Member

Please close my client account. I have created it by mistake and I'm not using client account. I want to keep only my freelancer account. I have tried everything and I could not close it. Thanks!

re: "Please close my client account. I have created it by mistake and I'm not using client account. I want to keep only my freelancer account. I have tried everything and I could not close it."

Upwork will be able to help you with this.

But the thing to keep in mind is this:
There's no actual benefit to closing the client aspect (or "client profile") within your Upwork login account. If you simpy don't switch over to it, and don't use it to post jobs or hire freelancers, then it just sits there and does nothing. Until you need it. And if you never need it, you can just ignore it.

Hi Dejan,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
eda71801
Community Member

Hi, 

Thanks!

Imran

6cf4910f
Community Member

Hi, 

Regards 

Imran.D

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad and Imran,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
bf82ef35
Community Member

Hi i would like to close down my business' account - i am being asked security questions that was set up by our former ops person. Is there any other way o verify my account except security questions?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi J,

Your account has been closed.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kshariful
Community Member

Hello, 

I am a freelancer and I have a client account and I want to close my client account then I contact with support but they are failed because when they want to close it shows"At this time we are unable to close your account. You have one or more open jobs. Please visit your Jobs Postings page to close these jobs." Also for me. But I dont have have open jobs, contracts and I paid my freelancers. Our support told me they will do it soon but our technical teams is not responding 48 hours. I want to know that how much time it will take to solve the problem. 

Best Regards, 

Shariful Islam 

Hi Shariful,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kshariful
Community Member

Hi,

I have both a freelancer and a client account . I would like to delete my client account but I cant do it because the following reason show ups again and again:

At this time we are unable to close your account. You have one or more open proposals. Please visit your Proposal page and close your proposals. But I don't have any proposals open with my client account.

Please advise help me. Thank you 

f22f57b5
Community Member

I opened upwork for one job only which has been completed and paid for, I've tried to close my account multiple times but I get notified that I have open jobs and to check the jobs page.  I have no open jobs.  Please help me close my account as I don't want my card information to be stuck in an account I will no longer be using.  Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alison,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
61cc9686
Community Member

Can someone please tell me how to delete an account I opened just now?

Hi Ale,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can check this help article for instructions on how to close your account. If you need any assistance from our end let us know and we will be happy to assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
24f1e4eb
Community Member

Hello

I want to delete my account for god in upwork

How can I do it?

I've no teams, no payments, nothing,

There is just error to call the support by phone, But - I'm from Israel and I'm not gonna call this international number and spend big money for nothing.

how the hell can I remove this account?

Hi Yarin,

Your account is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
a8fa0da2
Community Member

Why is it that Upwork will not let me close my account . I liked the service and I may come back but for personal and security related  reasons , I have to close my account. It let me end all my contacts and close  all my open jobs. But it's been two days and the system thinks I have open jobs . When I close close account , I get redirected To a message that says " cannot close account because you have one or more jobs open..." Someone experience this ???  Please help . This is urgent matter for me. . I can't even find a number to contact them for support and I did open a ticket and no response even 

Hi Randy,

I can see that a Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern. Kindly refer to the ticket for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a8fa0da2
Community Member

Yes thanks for following up . 

eca99b18
Community Member

i am unable to delete my account so Please delete my account

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Swami,

I checked and it looks like the client profile on this account is already closed. If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
a4e8dca3
Community Member

I want to close my account but I cant close it on my own please help

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jack,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
90e40868
Community Member

Can someone delete my client's account as well please. I've never used it. 

Hi Paul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
efefe145
Community Member

I want to close my upwork account. But when I have clicked on close my account, a box appears " we are unable to close your account because you are currently suspended. Plzz help me and close my account.

1. Go to Settings › Contact Info.
  2. Click the Close my account link.
  3. Click Confirm.

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
jcyjr36
Community Member

Hello, 

Upwork won't allow me to close a Client Account without deleting my entire profile. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked your account and I can see that you have two client profiles. Kindly confirm which one would you like to close or if you want both profiles closed. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jcyjr36
Community Member

Thank you, Arjay. Harman Johar, please. Thank you! 

Hi John,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like you can't close the account because you're not the company owner. Could you please clarify if you want to leave the company you are referring to?

Additionally, If the account owner wants to close the company account and they need assistance kindly ask them to reach out to us directly and we will be happy to assist them.

~ Nikola
Upwork
jcyjr36
Community Member

Hi Nikola, Correct. I would like to leave the Harman Johar company because I'm no longer working with the company owner. I'm trying to prevent receiving ongoing messages that are being sent to the freelancer that is still communicating with the company owner. 

Please confirm that by leaving the Harman Johar company, I will not be impacting my freelancer and or client account. Thank you. 

Hi John,

Thank you for clarifying. I would like to let you know that you need to contact the account owner and ask them to change your permission and remove you from the team. You can share these articles with your client for more information. 

If they need any assistance please ask them to reach out to us and we will be happy to assist them. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
elee03
Community Member

Hello, 

How do I close our account if the owner of the account no longer works for our company? We are being charged on a monthly basis and the account is not being used. 

thank you, 

Diana

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths