🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Design System Upgrade
Page options
Christopher F Community Member

Design System Upgrade

We recently launched a new Design System Upgrade. We are upgrading our design system, so clients and freelancers will notice new color themes. The layout and functionality of the Upwork platform have not changed.

Check out the announcement for Design System Upgrade and let us know your thoughts about this update in the comments below.

48 REPLIES 48
Phyllis G Community Member

The transitional approach is like being pecked to death by ducks. A series of inconsequential aesthetic changes implemented over time is somewhat distracting and mildly annoying. And it drags out the agony of hearing all the complaints about color choices. Why not just rip off the bandaid all at once and then everybody can get on with things?

Marcelo C Community Member

I thought the change was a design error. Is it just me or does it just seem harder to read with the new design? White so bright it hurts the eyes.
That is just my opinion.

Amanda L Community Member

Marcelo C wrote:

I thought the change was a design error. Is it just me or does it just seem harder to read with the new design? White so bright it hurts the eyes.
That is just my opinion.

No, it's not just you. It's very hard to read. It's like Upwork wants to make things harder by making it harder for people to use their site by design, as they always tell us. 

Marcelo C Community Member

It's a shame. The old color scheme worked fine. How strange that they have opted for this change. It's hard for me. I'm also not used to the new look of messages (chat). Not being able to easily access old chats (which have already been hidden), is not comfortable.
Anyway, maybe I'm too old and I don't like changes!🙃

Andrew N Community Member

New design is very bad, colors are off and not easy on the eyes. Please bring back the old color design. way better than this new one!

Muhammad Arslan J Community Member

The new design is too much uneasy. It's all black and white, they should have the option to revert back the old design.

Tasmia B Community Member

Hello!

My upwork is different. Its header is not blue but grey and all the icons including the notification bell and other writings are grey not like the way everything was when I signed up for the first time. Can anyone help me and guide me on what is happening?

Luqman M Community Member

The website got revamped, they changed the layout very recently.
They have more details about it on this page:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Product-Updates/bg-p/ProductUpdates

Susan S Community Member

I find the new color bland. The white and light green just blend together, making it difficult to look at it. Why all the one color? It's dull!

Susan S Community Member

It would be nice if someone would at least let the freelancers and clients have a say before doing these things. 

Zehad H Community Member

Please fix this. It was not visible when it comes to the footer.

Valeria K Community Member

Hi Zehad, 

Could you please share a bit more information about where you're seeing the footer overlapping the button like this? Which page is it on?
Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Wes C Community Member

Since the design has changed, I've been unable to flag posts. I first get a popup that flagging is temporarily unavailable, and then the below popup. I have cleared cache and cookies.

chrome_H1r4clTS3b.png

Valeria K Community Member

Hi Wes,

It sounds like the errors with flagging job postings are already on the team's radar and they're working on fixing them as soon as possible. We'll be providing an update once that's fixed. 
Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
J R Community Member

Loving the direction you're going in with the new upgrades! The site feels a bit more premium 👌

One thing I noticed was this section I've attached. Kinda looks like a burger. Not sure if that was intentional.

Atija P Community Member

I seriously thought I was missing some codex and that something was wrong with my PC graphics. It's bleak and non-engaging. The whiteness and then black buttons are a killer for the mood. Realizing I need to spend hours staring at the white/black screen made my mood drop to zero with little to no motivation to work. I truly hope you will reverse this hideousness. 

Ilya K Community Member

1. Picture. Why the elements are so far each other? I see no sense here and it is just not convinient.

2. Picture. This is how looks my "proposals" page.

Vlatko J Community Member

Hey Upwork, are you between designers? Because it seems to me that the new "theme" is no more than a pure HTML code, with just borders and blue links. It is a pain in the eyes just looking at it. Please at least give us an option to make it black (or green was beautiful) instead of killing white screen.

Md Akmal H Community Member

I love Upwork old theme. it's better than the new theme. Please keep the old theme.

Liz S Community Member

Well, the new design isn't quite to my taste. I don't care about that though, as long as the site works. What I do care about is having almost my entire work history disappear - as detailed by many users here. The problem persists across browsers, and even in the app.

I know Upwork is aware of this issue, but it would be good to get an update or at least reassurance that the problem can be solved at some point.

Dmitry N Community Member

Please add dark mode to the new website design, this new design is not good at all, the previous one was better

Kevin O Community Member

You guys keep on messing with the UI colors. The dominant green made me identify with Upwork better than the midnight blue and the more white interface now. The black CTA buttons are the worst in my time here. The only positive thing is the UX. Ooh! please take me back to the green days

Davide Z Community Member

Thank you, Christopher. The old design was much better and more user-friendly. This new design is a mess. Is it possible to revert to the previous design, please?

Jeanne F Community Member

OMG. I just got 100% done with completing my profile as well as adding an Agency account.  It's all gone and I'm again on the free plan after paying just a week ago for the paid plan.  Why did my profile disappear like that?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths