🐈
» Forums » Support » Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

840 REPLIES 840
45b3e16a
Community Member

Hi,

I just got my first job and i downloaded upwork desktop app to track time. Now when i try to sign in, after email and password it gets stuck on redirecting and it doesn't redirect me to start the app. Kindly solve this problem quickly so i won't lose my first job. I have tried reinstalling and troubleshoot steps on help and support page but they didn't work. Please help me, Thank you

Hi Aamna,

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
istiaque97
Community Member

Can anyone help me? I cannot login into desktop app. It is showing 'please wait' for almost 1 hour. How can I login? I had to login with gmail. The upwork id/password didnt allow me in the app. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MD, 

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists.

~ Avery
Upwork
laquinda
Community Member

Hi, the desktop app/time tracker is not launching, I tried uninstalling and installing it again but it doesn't work, is there a problem within upwork's system right now?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lakinda,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
laquinda
Community Member

Connected services is not enabled. I have the app dowloaded but when I launch it, it does not do anything. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lakinda and Faizan,

Could you please look at the system tray where the Upwork icon should be running? Please right-click on that and go to settings and logout. Once this is done, click on the application icon and log back in.  

If the issue persists, you can also try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
f89dcdb0
Community Member

I can't log on to the desktop app to track time.

I log on using Google and it doesn't go through.

I have completely reset my google account.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

I downloaded on another computer and still can't log on.

I have searched for answers on this ridiculous support platform.

I've been trying to solve this problem for 3 hours now.

I just need to talk to someone who can help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Colton,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
faizan_designs
Community Member

I am having the same issue. It says "an unknown error has occurred. I tried uninstalling and installing it again

6f710f2f
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue. I can not log in with my google account on my upwork Desktop app. It has been "wait a moment" for ages.1.JPG

Hi Nadia,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
fcf8cb60
Community Member

My desktop app allows me to sign in using Google but than it continually loads and never opens up. Any help would be appreciated. 

you can try using normal email id and pasword instead of google login it will solve the issue

4a4fafa6
Community Member

Good day

I am having problems with my Desktop App. After I've installed it, it gives me the option to log in and when I've entered my information it opens another window that says redirecting and it says One moment please but it doens't go further than that. I've downloaded every available version of the app and it always does the same. PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. I can not log the proble with Up Work because I have to do through the app and I can not access the app.

5dbf3031
Community Member

My desktop app is stuck at 'One Moment Please...' after attempting to login with my Google account. Please assist

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Reidun, Charlene, and Scott,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your accounts and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your usernames/account email addresses and your passwords.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ab84d9e1
Community Member

Same issue. Yes, my account is tied to my Google account.

I get a "One moment please..." message with a spinner, and cannot log in after inputting my Google account credentials.

Please advise.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew, 

~ Avery
Upwork
249552fa
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to download the desktop app so I can start working.  I've tried on 2 different Windows machines and a Linuxm thinking it was my computers having the problem but same thing each time.  I click on it in the download bar, it has me sign in, and then a window opens that says, "Redirecting. One moment please," and it just stays like that forever.  Can someone help?  Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carrie, 

~ Avery
Upwork
96ae67bd
Community Member

If your problem is solved. please let know. I face the same problem

Hi Arvind,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your accounts and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your usernames/account email addresses and your passwords. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

you can try using normal email id and pasword instead of google login it will solve the issue

2e72255f
Community Member

Hello,

My Desktop app is not opening and keeps on loading when i try to log in. I cant start my work without it and its getting really frustrating.

Troubleshooting steps i have done,

I have tried to install beta version but it hangs everytime while installation

I have disconneted from my upwork passwork and try to sign in with my gmail account 

STILL i AM UNABLE TO FIND SOLUTION.

Hi Syed,

Please go to settings > connected services > and disconnect your google account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Already did that but still issue persist.

Screen shot attached

Hi Syed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi 

I have the exact same problem, did they help you fix yours?

dff36a7a
Community Member

Hi there, 

I have trouble log in to my account with the desktop version of Upwork. After I sign in my google account, it leads to the page of "One moment please", but it's been loading for hours.

Hi Nan,

Please follow the instructions I`ve shared in my previous post here:

• Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your accounts and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your usernames/account email addresses and your passwords. Thank you.
~ Goran
Upwork
695ba459
Community Member

Hi- I am having trouble downloading the Desktop Time Management App. It is stuck at the log in page, I used my Google credentials to log in and it is still has not signed in. Any ideas?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Nto Mbeng Agbor
8fd2bfaf
Community Member

I can't log into the desktop app with the Google SSO or using my user account info.  It's stuck at the redirecting or loading screen.  Please assist ASAP.  I cannot log my hours.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bryan,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ticosalazar
Community Member

Hi, I turned on my tracker and later on realised that it wasn't tracking my time nor was it taking any screenshots. I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it again and now I'm trying to log in to the tracker app using my Gmail account... it's been redirecting for a good 30 minutes now.

Hi Tesa, 

Once this is resolved, please let us know if the issue about logging time persists. Please also check your Work Diary if any hours were logged. 

~ Avery
Upwork
695ba459
Community Member

Hi Avery, I wonder if you could help me. The time tracker is not capturing what is on my screen. It is just capturing the time tracker app and my display screen. I have changed the settings on Privacy and Security. On the app, in the details it has details of my active screen (text) but no pictures to correlate. Any troubleshooting tips ? Thank you
Nto Mbeng Agbor

Hi Nto,

Could you please confirm your operating system and version? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English
Featured Topics
Learning Paths