🐈
» Forums » Support » Did not receive connects after interview
Page options
hadikallas
Community Member

Did not receive connects after interview

Hi!

I got interviewed around 36 hours ago for 2 PROPOSALS that I submitted. (Did not work with these clients before), but I only received 10 connects. Can you please check?

Also If I get invitation from clients who I never worked with, do I get connects?

Thanks
Hadi

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,058 REPLIES 1,058
a1b82e57
Community Member

Hi,

I got messages-interviews from 3 different client and proposed to their job listings. But I only got 20 connects, as I know it must be 30 connects. Is this information right or it depends?

Thank you,

Best regards.

Begum

Hi Begüm,

One of the clients you're referring to actually invited you to apply to their post, in which case Connects won't be awarded. You receive the bonus Connects whenever you submit a proposal first and then the client reaches out to you to interview. You can learn more in this help article

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
msouilah
Community Member

Hi,

The last free connects I got were Dec 6th. After that I have replied to 9 interviews. But I did not receive anything yet. Did Upwork stopped working with these free connects ? 😭 😭😭

Hi Maher,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that we are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first. Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Note: Connects will be automatically added to your account -- please allow up to 24 hours. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days! You can find more information here

~ Nikola
Upwork
msouilah
Community Member

Hi Nikola. You are right, all of them were invitations 😅

achareorock
Community Member

Hello Upwork.

Please I have an issue, I applied for a job yesterday and got hired, but since today I have not yet gotten my free 10 connects.

Thank you. 

Hi Achare,

I checked the proposal I believe you're referring to and it looks like the client sent an offer without messaging you for an interview first. Please know that you only receive free Connects when the client contacts you and you reply to their message, starting an interview.

~Andrea
Upwork
a76ee760
Community Member

please ignore, i thought your reply was to my question.

a76ee760
Community Member

Hello Team,

I want to know how long it takes to get the bonus connect after replying to job invites. I have had 3 job invites which i replied in the last 2 or 3 days but i am yet to receive the bonus connect as a reward. Is there something I am missing?

Kindly help clarify this.

Thank you.

Michael N.

Hi Michael,

Connects are automatically added to your account. Please allow time for them to be added. If they are still not added within 24-48 hours, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a76ee760
Community Member

Thank you Joanne.

They are yet to be added as at my last check ; 13/01/2022 01:42 GMT+1 .

I have more pending connects now as 1 or 2 new invites were responded to in the past hours. I am hopeful that all the entitled connects will be credited when fixed.

Thank you in advance to the Upwork team.

Regards

Michael N.

Thanks for following up here, Michael. I tried to check the most recent proposals and they were invites from clients. I'd like to let you know that we are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first. 

Could you please send me a PM with the link to the job you are referring to so I can check further?

~ Joanne
Upwork
a76ee760
Community Member

Hello Joanne, 

Thank you for your feedback. Now, it is clear. I now understand why I didn't get the connect bonus because I actually got the invites from clients. Thank you for the confirmation and for the efforts you put into clarifying this point. 

Regards 

Michael N.

mshahzaibk
Community Member

Hi there,

Hope you guys are fine and doing well. Actually I am having an issue, I got two replies from two different clients and the clients interviewed me too. They were the new persons and I never had a chat with them before. I was supposed to get 20 connects which I have not got yet. Can anyone tell me what is the issue.

Sincerely,

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to look into this and assist you accordingly. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
chukwu-christian
Community Member

Yes. 

You will always get connects after submitting a proposal and successfully interviewing with the client.

It takes about 24 hours for you to receive the 10 connects from Upwork. 

16d7c0a0
Community Member

Hello,

Same problem here, I won an interview and got an offer on 14-01, but have not received the 10 free connects. Could someone look into this? Contract ID is 29228558.

- Maik

Hi Maik,

Thank you for your message. I checked and noticed that the client sent you an offer directly on this job. Please note that free Connects are credited within 24-48 hours after winning an interview on submitted proposals. This is not applicable to the proposals where you receive an offer directly. 

Thank you

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your reply. The offer was in response to my proposal. After I received the offer, we had the interview process, and I did not accept the offer until the next day. The process was not different from usual, except that the offer was sent immediately. Probably the client (as well as me) was not aware of this special exception. How can I still claim the 10 free connects?

- Maik

Hi Maik,

Thank you for your response. We are unable to apply the free Connects to proposals that received direct offers without an initial interview. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

That seems very illogical. How can I avoid this bug next time?

Besides, I have read 2 similar cases in this thread where connects were sent manually when this happened. Why are you applying an inconsistent policy regarding this issue?

- Maik

Hi Maik,

I would like to clarify that this is not a bug, and that freelancers are not eligible to receive the bonus Connects when they receive an offer right away. Here’s how it works:

~ Goran
Upwork

What about the part where I send a proposal first before receiving the offer (see proposal ID 1479713117665275905)? 

And could someone elaborate on why only some freelancers are granted the connects manually in this case while others are not, what is the criterium?

Hi Maik,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
16d7c0a0
Community Member

Thanks! They have sent me the connects.

- Maik

Hi Joanne,

The same happened for 2 other contracts: 29329592 and 29290197. Could you forward this to the support team? It would be great if your system could recognise this situation automatically.

- Maik

Hi Maik,

I checked your contracts and would like to confirm that everything is working as designed and that you're not eligible to receive bonus Connects because you have received an offer directly. Here’s how it works:

~ Goran
Upwork

Please read the comments before my last one. In both cases I sent a proposal first. Last time this happened Joanne forwarded this to the support team. They recognised this was a mistake and gave me the connects manually.

Hi Maik,

Thank you for your message. Please note that free Connects are offered for responding to interview messages only to jobs where you applied by sending proposals. I checked and both jobs received direct offers from the clients without any interviews. As advised by Goran earlier, you are not eligible for free Connects on these jobs posts since there was no interview conducted on both jobs.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Again, in both cases I submitted a proposal first, after which the interview started, the only issue being that they send me the offer first. I have been in the exact situation before, the issue was sent to the support team and they gave me the connects. How can I contact the support team directly? 

How can I contact the support team?

Hi Maik,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I want to clarify that the free Connects you are referring to was a one time credit offered to you earlier. By design, freelancers do not receive Connects for cases where they have directly received an offer on their proposals. As Goran, and Joanne has shared, here’s how it works:

Kindly refer to this article for more information on how you can receive Connects on Upwork. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
amrelnahas
Community Member

i received invitation for interview on 15 Jan and i responded for interview but no connect or bonus return to my account
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amr,

When you are awarded Connects they will be added to your account within 24 hours. Free Connects are awarded in the case when you submit a proposal to a client, win an interview, and reply.  We are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fd0dc627
Community Member

to 2 days, i received client messages from proposal. But still not getting 10 free connects. It happens 2 times since 2days. Anyone knows how it possible. Is there any bugs from upwork side.

Hi Pratik,

Please keep in mind that you can't win more than 50 free Connects in a 7 days period. Since you've already won 50 free Connects you're not eligible to receive another 10 free Connects for the proposal you're referring to. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mimeartworks
Community Member

Hi

I can't contact the support team. The bot's only response was "Please see the attached screenshot for your review." Kindly let me know what is happening on my account. This month I received a project interview from a client, but the bonus connection-10 was not received.

Hi Michael,

Please note that free Connects are awarded in the case when you submit a proposal to a client, win an interview, and reply. Please check this help article for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mimeartworks
Community Member

Hi,
I will try to upgrade my membership, but the connection will only receive 76. What about the remaining 4 Connects? Please see the attached screenshot for your review. There are many bugs on my account. Kindly help us to resolve this please.

Hi Michael,

Freelancer Plus includes 70 Connects with your plan purchase, and 10 FREE from Upwork. If you choose to upgrade your account from Basic to Plus, your free Connects will be prorated. This means that we'll allocate them based on time, or specifically, on how many days have already passed during your billing cycle.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths