๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Difficult to find legitimate offers
Page options
Mandisa N Community Member

Difficult to find legitimate offers

I got two fake job offers in one week. I know that Upwork is doing everything it can to provide safety and transparency, but I feel really despondent today. I've been hunting for open positions and ensuring to filter by 'payment verified', and for some reason, I'm still a target for potential scammers, or hackers. No legitimate interviews came my way.

I just want to make clean, legal money on the platform doing tasks. Anyone else had similar recent encounters?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Mandisa,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience. While our team is trying its best to rid our marketplace of all inappropriate users and jobs, we strongly recommend freelancers be careful and diligent when browsing and applying for jobs and use their best judgment to avoid scams.

I suggest you check out this course for tips on staying safe on Upwork. Feel free to use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime youโ€™d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Mandisa,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience. While our team is trying its best to rid our marketplace of all inappropriate users and jobs, we strongly recommend freelancers be careful and diligent when browsing and applying for jobs and use their best judgment to avoid scams.

I suggest you check out this course for tips on staying safe on Upwork. Feel free to use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime youโ€™d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Mandisa N Community Member

Thank you Pradeep. I'll definitely do the course! ๐Ÿ™‚
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths