🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct Transfer to Local Bank not recieved fo...
Page options
aujcic
Community Member

Direct Transfer to Local Bank not recieved for >4 weeks (Upwork marked the ticket as SOLVED)

I made a large sum Wire Transfer to a Local Bank on the 10th of April. (like I usually do, more than 20 times so far).

After a week I noticed that the funds are not transfered to my bank account so I got in touch with my bank.

They told me that there was a problem with the transfer because the Upwork intermediary bank for Europe (Deutsche Bank) sent the payment with missing information the 50K box/field in the document and my bank could not complete the payment without this information. Once again mark that I did this wire transfer the same way I have done it for the past several years.

In the meantime, I have contacted Upwork Support numerous times and they were telling me that they are working on the subject. In addition, I made ANOTHER wire transfer the same way and this transfer was a success and the funds arrived in a couple of hours with no issue.

Today, while searching for an update about my ticket I just noticed Upwork Support closed my ticket as SOLVED with no update. In addition, none of the following things that they said would happen, actually did not happened:

• Funds did not arrive in my bank account 
• Funds are not returned to my Upwork Account 
• I was not updated on the finding

Can someone help me how to solve this issue and escalate the ticket to a higher level? I am genuinely surprised Upwork not being able to solve this issue and especially because they closed my ticket marked solved without solving it or notifying me with an update of some sort!

Andrej U. 

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Andrej, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths