🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct contract payment issue
Page options
a_moudud
Community Member

Direct contract payment issue

My clients can not process payment invitation for direct contract. It says. We are sorry we are facing some technical problem and cannot process your request right now. What is going on?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bilal,

As basic troubleshooting, your client could try clearing their cache and cookies or using a different browser. If that doesn't help, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206

Hi Govind,

Your current Direct Contract with this client won't impact your Job Success Score or any other of your Upwork profile stats, such as total earnings, number of jobs, etc. More information was shared with you by the agent who assisted you via your support ticket

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hey Govind, has your problem been solved? I have the absolutely the same issue atm with my client.

23984e27
Community Member

all my clients facing error while funding my Direct contract 

"Sorry We couldn't charge the billing method you selected, please select another billing method or contact support."

My clients tried multiple credit cards and Paypal accounts but problem remains the same.

Hi Sukhchain,

I'm sorry if you're client's having difficulties processing a payment for a Direct Contract. I can see that you've raised a ticket about this incident. One of the support team members has responded with further instructions for resolving the issue. Feel free to coordinate by responding to the email notification linked to your case; they'll gladly assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
44431aba
Community Member

Hello 👋

I am writing to Upwork about one of my client who made a payment of direct contract on my Upwork acct on 16th of march ,but till now is still pending she has found it but only remain to be approved and she is not online to approve it so I'm thinking if Upwork can have solution to this, because before the direct contract rules was update if a client found a contract and didn't accept it in next 14 days it will clear,but this one is more than 14 days and even more than 21 days, pls I need solutions to this .

Looking forward to your response,and hopefully you find solutions to this

Hi Obijenu,

I checked and the Direct Contract you are referring to hasn't been accepted by your client. Could you please get in contact with your client and advise them to accept the contract? Once they do, you should be able to request payment for the work completed. You can learn more about how Direct Contracts work in this page

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f63617d3
Community Member

Hello,

I usually use the direct contract method to work with my non-Upwork clients. Upon job completion and their approval of the payment, the funds are usually available for me to withdraw immediately.

However, today I processed a job for the same non-Upwork client, and although they approved a $10 USD payment, it wasn't available for me to withdraw immediately. Instead, it's showing a date indicating when it will be available for withdrawal. This is unusual as I used to be able to withdraw funds instantly upon client approval in the direct contract method.

Could you please provide an explanation for this?

Thank you,
Amri

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths