🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct contract payment issue
Page options
a_moudud
Community Member

Direct contract payment issue

My clients can not process payment invitation for direct contract. It says. We are sorry we are facing some technical problem and cannot process your request right now. What is going on?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bilal,

As basic troubleshooting, your client could try clearing their cache and cookies or using a different browser. If that doesn't help, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

208 REPLIES 208

He tried with multiple browsers and multiple devices still didn't work

Hi Imtiaj,

Thank you for following up. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
46f0c527
Community Member

My customer tried more times to fund a direct contract i have sent to him but there is a message keep appear : "We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute."

He tried more than 5 times and he tried another browser , same problem .. any help ?

Hi Tarek,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Were they able to solve it? 
They didn't for me asked my client to contact them. still didn't work

burakzcicek
Community Member

Hi,

My client, to whom I sent a Direct Contract, cannot make the payment by any method. When he tries to pay, he gets the error: "We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute.''

He tried all the suggestions written in the forum: Using a different browser, clearing cache and cookies. None of them work. Also, my client is in the US, so it can't be an international payment problem. He doesn't have a problem with the payment method. It's really annoying! Could you please give me some information about the source of this problem?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks!

Hi Burak,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
elsisimohamed
Community Member

Hi
I send a direct contract to a client , but when he tries to pay using credit card it gives him an error that the creditcard number input field and expiry date field can't be empty eventhough everything is entered correctly and when he tries to use Paypal it gives him 

We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute.
what should i do ?

Hi Mohamed,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1a6c774f133c0058
Community Member

Hi! I can't accept direct contract from my designer. I added payment method and payment was charged, but contract is not signed. How I can fix it? 

Hi Aleksandr,

Please be aware that a Direct Contract is when freelancers create and send contract proposals to clients who aren't on Upwork or have no Upwork account. 

However, I can see that the payment you're trying to process using the billing method on file is being declined by your bank. Kindly contact your card-issuing bank to inquire about the specific charge decline. If the issue persists afterward, we'll be happy to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
omartoaba
Community Member

My Direct contact has been paused due to a pending issue and I can't determine what the issue is, I've already sent a message to Upwork through Get Help option but I didn't get any response.

Hi Omar,

I see that you were able to reach out to our support team and raise a ticket about your Direct Contract concern. I can also confirm that this has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. Please allow our team time and you will get an update on this page with further assistance once the contract has been thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3db07cdc7fe26d77
Community Member

I just payed for a private contract after waiting for upwork to fix their "problems". Immediately after that private contract I tried to pay for another private contract. Except, this one says that "my payment method could not be authorized". I reached out for help and nobody from upwork reached back out. I also tried clearing my cache and data but that doesn't work. I need help to stop this issue from always happening. Also I called my bank and my card isn't the problem, upwork charges but immediately cancels. 

Hi Danny,

I see you've contacted our support team and raised a ticket about your payment concern. One member responded with more information and instructions on resolving the issue. The ticket's still open, so please don't hesitate to coordinate if you need further assistance; they'll surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks Arjay

will they email me or should I keep checking my upwork notifications?

also, someone said they would forward my ticket to the payment teams and they would respond within 24 to 48 hours, however nobody from the team has reached out. Enough time should have passed. 

Hi Danny,

I will follow up with the team handling your request. One of our team members will reply to you as soon as possible. You can check the Upwork notifications or the link shared by Arjay for your support tickets. We also send an email notification to your registered email address so that you review and respond directly from your email as well.

- Pradeep

Upwork
d03ccfa5
Community Member

My client is facing this problem for past 2 days using Direct contract. Please resolve this issue 

I have attached the image my client is facing 

Hi Aditya,

~ AJ
Upwork
andriy14
Community Member

Hello,

I'm quite frustrated with the Direct Contract service.

I issued a direct contract to a client who isn't registered on Upwork.

He agreed to the contract, yet Upwork is rejecting all his credit card details. Unfortunately, PayPal isn't a viable payment method in this case. This problem with the payment could lead to me losing this client.

Could you please advise on how to quickly resolve this issue?

Hi Andriy,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
afcd9464
Community Member

My clients can not process payment invitation for direct contract. It keeps on saying "We are sorry we are facing some technical problem and cannot process your request right now." Have been trying to get help from chatbot but it's all in vain. How can I get further assistance please?

Hi Dennis,

I'm sorry you've been having trouble contacting support about this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mudassarshakeel
Community Member

Hello community members,

I wanted to share an update regarding an issue that two of my clients were experiencing. I'm pleased to inform you that everything is now working seamlessly. Here are four potential solutions that proved helpful:

1. Consider using the Firefox browser (this resolved the issue for one of my clients).
  2. Clear your browser cache to ensure a clean and updated experience.
  3. Experiment with a different payment card to rule out any card-specific issues.
  4. Explore the option of making the payment using mobile browsers, as this might offer a workaround.

Feel free to try these solutions and let me know if you encounter any further challenges. Your feedback and experiences can be valuable for others in the community who might be facing similar issues.

Thanks

Mudassar
6632cfe6
Community Member

My clients can not process payment for direct contract. It says. We are sorry we are facing some technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Any lead on how to solve this matter?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
fb3cf08f
Community Member

Hi, My client has funded my fixed-price direct contract (The contract had no milestones), but I can't see any changes on my dashboard. I still see 'waiting to be accepted'. The amount has not reached me. What's happening here?

Hi Ammar,

For a fixed-price contract, once you request payment from your client, they will have 14 days to accept or reject the request. If they don't take action after 14 days, the funds are automatically released to you. You can read this help article for more information. 

I can see that you've already submitted a support ticket regarding your concern about receiving payment for your direct contract. Please allow our team some time to update you on the same ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
fb3cf08f
Community Member

I have gone through the article you mentioned. However, I sent a contract to my client,  and the client funded the contract, yet my dashboard shows me that my contract is 'waiting to be accepted'. There is no option for me to send a payment request to my client using the 'three dots'  mentioned in the article. Does the client have to 'accept' something after funding the contract? 

Ammar, I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fb3cf08f
Community Member

How long is the usual wait time? Nobody has reached out to me yet. 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ammar,

I checked and it looks like our team updated your support ticket today. If you have any further questions please feel free to reply directly to the team so they can review and assist you accordingly.

~Andrea
Upwork
0615991a
Community Member

My Upwork account consistently requires clients to provide a verification code when making payments for my services through a direct contract. Could you please explain the reason behind this?

And I haven't get paid through direct contract since I have open my account due to this issue. I have lost a lot of money through this. 

Hi Abdulrahman,

I've checked and confirmed that a ticket was raised about your case. I'm sorry you're having trouble getting paid through a direct contract. Rest assured that one of the team members will coordinate with you via this ticket and your email with further assistance in resolving the issue. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
nabilsha
Community Member

My non-Upwork client has been attempting to make a payment via Upwork, but he's encountering the following error past five days:

"We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute."

Could you guys help me fix this?

Hi Nabeel,

I'm sorry to learn about this error your client's been experiencing when trying to process a payment via Direct Contract. I've shared your report with the appropriate team for further assistance. One of the team members will contact you on this page once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5b44690e
Community Member

i madek a direct contract with a client and he has paid the amount but its still showing "Funded" on the contract, its been more than 9 hours now, the payment was fixed-payment

Hi Daniya,

I see that a support ticket was raised about your Direct Contract payment concern. Please allow our team 24-48 hours and you will get an update on that ticket once your case is thoroughly reviewed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
cheebeez
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue; my client can't pay for the direct contract.
They've tried making the payment using different browsers, including on their phone.

Hi Ilia,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths