🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Not Received Direct Bank Transfer
Page options
Jacek G Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hey,

After week of withdraw, ( 2 days after expected day of delivery ), I don't get a payment. In bottom email about payment status there is info: "If you did not initiate this payment, please contact us immediately." 
So I ask there on forum, because I have not found any contact form on UpWork.

I am not sure why it take so long, my eariler payment was in time.
If is there is some support for payment can I ask for email contact or how that works there..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Claramarie,

It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

791 REPLIES 791
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Luis,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. There is also a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. Yours was processed on September 12th.

If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

~ AJ
Upwork
Ahmed A Community Member

hello

I am from egypt I have wise account in Us dollars to withdraw money from upwork and I have recieved small amount of money for activation but my account still inactive 

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Glory U Community Member

I initiated a withdrawal from my Upwork balance to a U.S account only to find out that the said bank does not support ACH transactions. Which means that the money did not and will not get to the recipient account. In addition. the money hasn't been reverted to my Upwork account. Please how do I retrieve the amount in this situation?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Glory,

Please note that If there's a problem with your bank, the funds will be returned back to your Upwork account. I have checked the transaction you're referring to and I can confirm that it's been processed successfully on our end. Please note that It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Glory U Community Member

Hello, Arjay, thank you for the response. I'll keep waiting and will let you know if anything or nothing reflects at the stipulated time. 

Thank you again. 

Glory U Community Member

Hello Arjay, 

The amount has just been reverted to my account. Thanks for the help. 

Ammar A Community Member

I initiated a withdrawal to my local bank on Friday (16-Sep-2022) and it's been 7 days since nothing transferred to my account. 

And right now I'm struggling with the ticket submission but found nowhere. 

Thanks

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Ammar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Ammar A Community Member

Hi Andrea,

It's been 11 days that I haven't received any update on my transaction. Please let me know what's going on. 

Thanks 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Ammar,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Ammar A Community Member

Should I stop any further withdraw or continue.?

Jesus A Community Member

Previously, I was having my funds rejected by the bank. So I updated my credit card details to perfectly match the address on my bank statement, and now I get a new error, "The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply."

Maybe this is because I've been trying to withdraw so much? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Hi Jesus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Jerwin D Community Member

Can somebody help me? I withdraw funds using the "Get Paid Now" button yesterday Friday Sept 23, but until now, I have not received that my withdrawal is being processed. Usually, it would only take at least 5 hours after withdrawing funds.

Hi Jerwin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. There is also a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. Even though you did not receive an email notification, rest assured that the payment is already in process.

If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

~ AJ
Upwork

what do you mean "confirm that the transaction was successful on our end."?

i am not getting an email confirmation about that until now? what is happening?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Jerwin,

Thank you for your message. I would like to clarify that the fund withdrawal was successfully initiated on your Upwork account. You will receive a notification as soon as your withdrawal is processed. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Thank you for clarifying however that is what I am asking.

I withdraw funds using the "Get Paid Now" button Friday, Sept 23, but until now, I have not received an email that my withdrawal is being processed. Usually, it would only take a few mins or hours after withdrawing funds.

Again, I did not receive an email that my withdrawal is being processed until is there someone that really cares who can answer and help, instead of just copying your answer from your website that we already know and paste here. 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Jerwin,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

If you have further questions or if you need furter assistance feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you directly. 

~ Nikola
Deependra pratap S Community Member

Upwork is Showing that your payment is processed 

But I haven't received any payment in my bank account 

My bank account details are correct because it's not my first time when I'm withdrawing

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Deependra, 

As noted in the email you received, the money should reflect in your account by 28-September. Note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

~ Avery
Francisco S Community Member

Hello, I requested fund withdrawal direct to local bank account on 21 Sep 2022 but I haven't received the payment yet

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths