🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received
Page options
1f2a8d2c
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hi,

Dear Upwork Community,

I had set a payment method on Upwork with the correct bank account number but wrote the postal code in place of the postcode. Yesterday, I made a transaction but still have not received any payment. 

Please guide me. Is it a delay due to bank holidays, or is the payment transferred to another account? 

Best Regards,

Muhammad Hussain.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

568 REPLIES 568
alagrisola
Community Member

Hi,

Help please! Experienced the same issue: 

~I processed my payment Friday, 7Oct2022 at 4:28 PM Phil time.

~Received email confirmation which says that it has been processed was received at 9:20 PM. 

~Funds not yet received by my bank [BPI] as of today, Tues- 11Oct2022.

I have not experienced this since I started with Upwork and also get my funds even on weekends.

ettenan1989
Community Member

Please check your online local bank account. Some received their funds just now. I haven't got mine yet. Patiently waiting.

886aab61
Community Member

Hey,

I made a withdrawal on October 5, 2022, I have not received any payment as of today.

It is very frustrating owing to the fact that I had earlier made a Mpesa withdraw but it didnt got through and thanks to your support team the money was refunded in my account.  I have contacted the local bank, but they tell me to contact the Upwork because the bank is only a recipient of funds 

Why is it so difficult to make withdrawals and receive money on time at UpWork?

How to fix this problem? I Hope you can help.

Hi Florence,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0c8338a0
Community Member

I requested a withdrawal yesterday which I understand is a Holiday but until now I have yet to receive it. 

Hi Elea Angeli,

I checked your account and can confirm that you successfully submitted a support ticket. Please allow time for our team to review and update you directly through your ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
truebusiness1
Community Member

Hi all, 

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing delays in receiving payments to their bank accounts at the moment? 

For the last 3 years, I have never had an issue with this. I've always made the request to be paid, an hour or two later I get the email that it has been processed, followed by the payment in my account a few hours later. 

3 days ago I did this, as I usually do. Everything appeared to go as normal and an hour or two after the request I got the email that it had been processed. But I still don't have the funds in my account. 

What is with the delay? I think it's quite ridiculous to wait 5 days after the job (fixed fee project) is released by the client for the funds to be available for then it to take at this stage more than 3 more days to get paid. 

can anyone shed some light on this? I understand I can't even raise this as an issue until it's been 8 days? 

what's going on guys? 

I just posted about this same issue. 
Makes me feel better that it's not just me. I've been waiting 3 days now as well. 

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for your message. I see that your fund withdrawal has been successfully initiated on your Upwork account. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. Yes, that's correct! If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and in your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks. 

Clearly though, if you read all of the comments from long term freelancers above, we normally don't experience these huge delays with receiving payment. If we literally have to wait, the 5 days from a project closing or 10 days for an hourly contract before we can withdraw, then have to wait another 4-8 days, that is more than 2 weeks after completing work to get paid. 

This is simply not sustainable. In over 3 years, I have never experienced this sort of treatment and I'm really not impressed. 

chisomeziolisa
Community Member

Hello again,

it's been 9 days since my withdrawal was processed and I have not received funds neither has it been returned back to my Upwork account. Usually the money always returns. What is the problem??? How can I get my money? 

Hi Eziolisa,

I see that your fund withdrawal has been successfully initiated on your Upwork account. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Successful?? I have not received any funds and neither has my bank so how is it successful? Please I'd like to initiate a trace. 

Hi Eziolisa,

Yes, in this case, successful means we were able to send the funds successfully from our end. As Arjay has mentioned, we won't be able to initiate a trace until 8 full business days have passed. If you still haven't received your funds by then please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, please it has been 8 working days and there's still no sign of my money anywhere. It's really not fair to be honest. Does this mean my money is hanging in the air or something.

please I'd like to initiate a trace. I called my bank and they have not received any funds 

a_ike
Community Member

I made a withdrawal to my US (ACH) account 3 days ago and the money is yet to arrive in my bank. On reaching my bank, I found out I can only make WIRE transfers and not ACH. So, the money is not with my bank. Neither is it in my Upwork wallet.

I worked very hard for that money and I don't want to believe it is up in the air. If its possible to make a payment recall or trace, please I would like to do so. I have no idea how to contact Upwork staff and I am in great distress 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Hi Amarachi,

I see that your fund withdrawal has been successfully initiated on your Upwork account. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. Once the transaction has been successfully processed, it can no longer be intercepted.

If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and in your location may affect these withdrawals.

~ Arjay
Upwork
chisomeziolisa
Community Member

Hello please I'm begging to get really worried! Almost all withdrawals from October 5th, a lot of freelancers are complaining. 

Please someone should help me out. I still haven't received my funds that was processed on October 5th 

truebusiness1
Community Member

Hello, 

Still waiting for funds from October 11. My bank says they have not received anything. 

Unfortunately if this is how Upwork intends to behave with payments I am simply not going to be able to use this platform anymore. 

it is literally ridiculous to be waiting for funds we rightfully earned.... FIX IT!!! 

c9acea1a
Community Member

Hello Good Day! I withdraw my payment yesterday 1pm (Philippine Time). It usually take 30 mins to reflect on my bank account, but until now it did not arrive. 

Hi Joanna Mae,

Direct to Local Bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. If after 8 business days your funds are still not reflected in your account, please let us know so we can initiate a trace for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c9acea1a
Community Member

This is new to me. It will not take an hour to recieved my funds. But now it takes so long. Please give me an update. So I know what to do. There's a lot of scam today, that's why I want to know what's happening to my funds. I really want to know that nothing bad happen

Hi Joanna Mae,

I understand that you're concerned about the delay. Please feel free to reach out to us if the funds are still not reflected in your bank account after eight business days. Our team would be happy to assist in initiating a transaction trace. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
chisomeziolisa
Community Member

Hello again, I'm getting tired of complaining about this. Please I withdrew money on the 5th of October and received the processed email that same day. Till today I have not received any funds neither has it been returned to my Upwork account. 

please it's already 8 working days. I'll like to initiate a trace where my money is. I'm not happy at all. 

Hi Eziolisa,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a85dc82a
Community Member

Good day, upwork support team! 

I still didn't get my payment after withdrawing it on October 14, 2022. I am worried because usually when I withdraw it always reflect on my accoun on the very same day. Can you please take a look at my account? What if there are problems that I didn't know about. It is small but I value what I earn and it is a very big help for my family. 

Please help me. Thank you so much. 

Hi Princess,

I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a85dc82a
Community Member

Hello, thank you!

I just received it today.

Thank you so much!

Hello Princess, we have the same issue. I'm hoping that I will received my funds today too.

Hi. 

Yes you will receive it. The support team said you can waut up to 8 days. And if your withdrawal still not reflected in your account, you can contact them again. 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Expect to wait 2 days for payment to your bank.

23a2f225
Community Member

Hello, Upwork support. 

I initiated a payment request on Upwork on 13th October. The billing bar showed that payment was initiated and would be received in the following few days. However, I received another email the next day stating that the payment method had been disabled. This is not the first time. 

"As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments" 

A bit of advice and assistance in the matter would be immensely helpful. 

Additionally, I should mention that I had logged out of the account that I use. Is that may be the reason behind the disabling of my payment as the data might not have been saved?

Hi Sunidhi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and it looks like the details that you've added were deemed 'invalid'. Could you please check with your bank to see if you have the correct details and re-add this as your payment method? Alternatively, you can use other payment methods listed here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello!

I've withdrawn some funds today from my Upwork account to my local bank transfer account. But I haven't still received the email saying the payment has been processed. Previously I used to receive the payment on the same day itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Ria,

I have checked the transaction you're referring to and it's been initiated on our end. It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Jo-An B, even I'm facing the same problem, I had withdrawn on 23th Sunday, and it shows last payment the amount which I had put on for withdrawal and hasn't reached my account yet!!!

Hi Touqhir,

I have checked and I can confirm that the transaction you're referring to is successful on our end. Please note that It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
truebusiness1
Community Member

Been waiting 9 business days for payment. Processed on 11 October. Still not received. Can someone please look into this? 

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for reaching out. It seems like the 8th business day from your withdrawal transaction is on the 21st. Please let us know by the 22nd if the funds aren't reflected on your account yet and we'll initiate a trace for you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi AJ, 

The advice you have provided is incorrect. I raised a support ticket for this today and have been told I can't have any assistance with this or a trace etc until the 24th of October. 

It literally astounds me that you guys name people wait this long for funds. Like these funds are our income. 

after almost 4 years on Upwork I am seriously reconsidering my use of this platform. To not be paid for weeks is ridiculous! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths