๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Re: Payment delayed
Page options
Muhammad H Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hi,

Dear Upwork Community,

I had set a payment method on Upwork with the correct bank account number but wrote the postal code in place of the postcode. Yesterday, I made a transaction but still have not received any payment. 

Please guide me. Is it a delay due to bank holidays, or is the payment transferred to another account? 

Best Regards,

Muhammad Hussain.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

568 REPLIES 568
Stacey R Community Member

Did you double check that your banking information is correct? This doesn't seem like a forum post but rather something you would need to talk directly to upwork about.

Syed Zeshan A Community Member

Hi Stacey yes i checked everything very carefully when i added My local bank account as payment methode .and 32 hours ago i open  a request ticket to get support direct to Upwork team .But i did not get any single response yet .so i posted here .

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Syed, if the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further. Please also note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~Andrea

Hi Andrea i was not expecting this answer from You .i want to know the actual status in email mentionted date is 5 to 7 december and today is 8 .Why You are not able to tell the actual status ,8 Busniess days mean 2 weeks .

and one more thing in our country no bank holidays and i searched US bank holidays i did not found any bank holidays in this period 

Asima K Community Member

I sent a withdrawal request on 02-Dec-2022 and direct to bank account. Upwork process the request and I got the email that funds are processed successfully. I was supposed to be paid in 5 working days. I visited with Payment ID to my bank but still did not get the funds into my bank account. This is Upwork Ref ID535596463 for the payment. Please help me in this regard

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Asima,

If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further. Please also note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~Andrea

Hi Andrea You Just reply same copy paste answer to every one and i see most of them freelancers those withdrawl thier payment on 2nd december not recevied thier payment so why are You guys waiting for 8th business days ,why are You not invaistigating now ? if  one or 2 face this issue with same date withdrawl then You can say it is normal but i seen many freelancers have same issue and then why You guys not taking seriouse , and Just reply a copy paste answer and just finish .

Really Disappointment  .

Asima K Community Member

Hi Andrea,
More than 8 business days has been passed, I also open the ticket but didn't get any response

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Asima,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola

Salaam  Did You recevied Your payment That You withdraw 2nd December ?

Muhammad Zain S Community Member

Ws, Not yet Zeshan. 

Asima K Community Member

not yet Zeeshan and not getting any reply from the Upwork support team

Please open a support ticket if it's more than 8 days and then wait for 24-48 hours. The upwork team will investigate the issue and get back to you. I've also not received the payments I withdraw on Dec 2 but I'm sure the Upwork team is trying hard to fix the issue. Sometimes this happens but you don't have to worry.

Bro I already open a ticket and just getting same copy paste answer that we got here ,and why after 8 days they invaistigate ,they mentioned in their copy paste reply upwork to local bank transfer is processed within four business days then why they want more 4 days they should invaistigate after 4 days or after 5 days today almost 10 days and 8th Busniess day and Today i got the response on my ticket from Kaye that You contact on 15 December then we will trace mean 10th Busniess day.

i requested so many time and told her many freelancers had same issue those withdraw their payment on 2nd December and share the screenshot all of You and said please take seriouse on this issue and You will have trace after 8 then why You not want to trace now but got the same copy paste response .

so i am totally disappointed with Upwork help support team.

William T C Community Member

Hey Muhammad, contact your bank and make sure that the information sent to Upwork matches. Thanks!

Account details are just fine, I've been receiving payments in the same account for the last two years. 

Salaam Bro did You recevied Your payment That You withdraw at 2nd December or Did You get an email that The reason for returned funds: Payment rejected by the bank ,and Your bank payment methode is disable .

i am asking to You That You are senior upwork member and You recevie upwork payment in same bank last two years .

so please if You are online then reply me 

Nawazish H Community Member

So I was asked to wait 8 days and then contact for further assistance. 

A little recap, I withdrew funds on 2nd of Decmeber, I receieved confirmation email but funds never reached my local bank account. I checked twice from my bank and they said there has been no incoming funds since 2nd December. 

Since I did not got my previous funds, I have not made another withdrawl. 

I would really appriciate this to be sorted asap so I can withdraw my other funds from Upwork as well. 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Nawazish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Nawazish H Community Member

Thanks Annie, btw I dont see any new ticket generated related to this issue in my support ticket page which you have linked above. 

Bustamante M Community Member

Hi leave feedback
Alfred S Community Member

Normally my direct to bank withdrawals is instant. This time it's been more than 2 days. This is really upsetting as I needed the money to pay for some Christmas expenses. 

has anyone else noticed a delay in transaction processing times?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Erdinc T Community Member

Hello, I will receive my first payment. But the payment still has not reached me. Today is day 3. Is it normal ?

it says completed

https://prnt.sc/IUNZbKeUvScr

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths