🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received
Page options
jacekdev
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hey,

After week of withdraw, ( 2 days after expected day of delivery ), I don't get a payment. In bottom email about payment status there is info: "If you did not initiate this payment, please contact us immediately." 
So I ask there on forum, because I have not found any contact form on UpWork.

I am not sure why it take so long, my eariler payment was in time.
If is there is some support for payment can I ask for email contact or how that works there..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Claramarie,

It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

791 REPLIES 791
cochingretchel
Community Member

Hi,

I just want to ask if anyone experience the same thing as mine. I withdraw money every Friday and it normally comes to my bank on Monday from noon onwards. Upwork sent an email that it was processed. Today is the 4th day but I still haven’t received my money. I went to my bank and there is no pending transaction. Upwork customer support told me that after 8 business days if I still have not received the money I need to contact them and initiate the trace. Does anyone experience the same thing? Were you able to get your money? If yes, how long does it take for you to get the money? I’m worried right now because come Friday I have to withdraw again and it may not be received again from my local bank.

Hi Retchel,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0ae00f83
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to withdraw several times but it was failed with the error "Invalid account number". I checked and confirmed that my account number is correct. Can you please help? Thanks so much in advance.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thao,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
446c5ea5
Community Member

Hello, Sir. I withdrew 184$ today. It's my first transaction. It's been 10 hours now but didn't receive the transaction. It's an emergency. I need my money urgently. Please send it fast. I withdrew to my local Pakistani bank.
my email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

account Naeem khan

Hi Naeem,

Please note that it can take up to four business days for a Direct to Local Bank withdrawal to arrive. Also, note that Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. If after eight business days you still have not received your withdrawal, you may reach out to us again so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
446c5ea5
Community Member

Can I cancel the pending local bank withdrawal and then later withdraw through Payoneer?

Hi Naeem,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ianmarkamante04
Community Member

Ever since my first week as freelancer I have never experienced hours of not receiving my withdrawal direct to my local bank ("UNIONBANK PH"). But I do know about the standard maximum days of processing it which is 2-4 days. However, I'd like some help from any Upwork Staff to verify the status of my withdrawal transaction if there are problems along the way because my ATM Card, hours prior upwork withdrawal, due to mistaken attempts of wrong pincodes in online banking it was blocked and I  had to go to the bank today to have it unblocked. At the moment everything now is fine, but i'd like to request help if such incident had affected my withdrawal transaction process that caused its delay so i may address it as early as possible.

Also, would like to ask the community especially Filipino freelancers what is the best and fastest local bank to link to upwork without any issues or hassle at all.

Thank you, everyone and Upwork Staff.

Localbank withdrawal not received after 24 hours  Re: Delayed Payments for Top-Rated Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received 

Hi Ian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that we're currently still in the process of transferring your funds. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds.

Please note as well that it may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Let us know if after eight business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. You may check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you so much for checking, Annie. I was actually worried if there some kind of problem on my end so I really went to the bank and have it fixed and verified if you were able to successfully process it but somehow it did not went through because there was a problem with my account on the bank's end and mine. I'm relieved to know that the reason for its delay was I had not been able to reach that cut-off time processing. In that case, I'm pretty sure it will be processed later UTC which probably will be successfully reflected to my bank account tomorrow (Ph time gmt +8) if I am not mistake, alsod reflect as well in my upwork transaction record. Thank you again.

helen__jane
Community Member

Hello! can someone help me regarding my salary I withdrew it 8am in the morning and upwork does still not yet proccess it and its already 2pm its new to me since I always recieve my payment before 12noon. Hope you can help me Im a bit worried and needed that money.

Hi Helen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that we're currently still in the process of transferring your funds. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds.

Please note as well that it may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Let us know if after eight business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. You may check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello! can someone help me upwork still not proccess my withdrawal request and its been 7 hrs usually it only take 3hrs to 5hrs. There are no holidays here in the Philippines and US.

ed577bbc
Community Member

Any help regarding this matter I am a bit worried and anxious about it. thank you 

Hi Mary Rose,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end.

Please note that generally, it may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Let us know if after eight business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. You may check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
nitish0208
Community Member

I haven't received my scheduled payment from Upwork in my bank account. The process of the transaction has happened from the Upwork end, but somehow it has not been reflected in my bank account. Generally, the transaction gets completed every Wednesday, but this time it didn't. 

Hi Nitish,

Thank you for your message. 

I checked the transaction and can confirm that it was successful from our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bc4fb0ac
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I am worried and struck in a situation. Upwork has processed my payment on 29th August but I havent received it in my bank. I dont know if its my bank's issuue or something else. This is the second time happening. I havent received anything yet however I completed the project. Can someone please tell what to do in this situation? Why it always happens with me. I asked my bank but they are saying that they havent received any amount. They even dont know that upwork have the option 'Direct to local bank'. All they say is tthat bank only receive amount from US through wire transfer. I am getting disappointed 😞 How can I get my money back so that I will try it with another bank account

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hareem,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~Andrea
Upwork
7661f7cc
Community Member

Please I have same issue can I get help

Hi Shalom,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

My problem now is that grey.co said you guys use ACH transfer and not swift . so they said it would be bounced back and not received by them.How true is this as I do not want to loose my funds.

I opened a ticket so they could reverse my transaction still no response.

Thanks

tan_ch
Community Member

Hello,

I withdrawed my earnings to my bank account and I recived the 'payment confirmation' email. However, 13 hrs later, i have not seen the 'payment processed' email which will usaully be sent after the first email not more than a few hours.

Then, I contacted the support and they have not repsonded to me for a few hours. It seems everthing is very slow than normal.

Is there anything currently happended in the sytem?

Hi Tanapol,

I have checked your account and I can see that the transaction you're referring to has been initiated. It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Feel free to update this support ticket that's been set up after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
capiroter
Community Member

Hello everyone. I'm working with a client with an hourly contract. I get payed, without delays, on Wednesays around 3pm Brazil time. When I withdraw my funds, I get an email right afterwards saying that my payment was processed and I should expect to recieve a specific quantity in my country's currency.

The thing is, today I withdrew my funds from my profile, but I didn't recieve any email saying the payment was processed, and it's not on my bank account either. As I didn't recieve the ''processed payment email'', I assume the issue is with your system, rather than the bank (which you guys always try to blame actually).

So the thing is, I have bills to pay, and for some reason YOUR system hasn't processed my payment yet, and I deeply wanted to know why is that and if I can count on some feedback or response for you guys, since this is the third time I'm trying to reach out for someone to help me. 

The dissatisfaction with the support offered couldn't be bigger, and I assume this is a common critic from the upwork freelancers base. Please, help me out.

Hi Claudio,

Thank you for your message. I have checked your account and I can see that the transaction you're referring to has been initiated. It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Feel free to update this support ticket that's been set up after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
capiroter
Community Member

Appreciate the attenton, Arjay. I've some previous issues with Upwork that were just ignored, thus my dissatisfcation. But really appreciate the help.

8c0b48ef
Community Member

Hello support. I withdraw money to my local bank on August 30, 8 days have passed. I still have not received the money, I appreciate your support.

Hi Cuong,

I'm sorry to hear that you still haven't received the funds in your account. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transfers is processed in four business days. Business days don't include weekends, US, and your location Holidays. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d3453587
Community Member

Hello Upworkers, 

I made a transfer on september 7 2022  from Upwork to  my local bank account and up until now i've not received the money into my bank  account which is very unusual. It normally takes atmost 1 business day and the money is in my account but now i don't understand why the money is not reflecting in my local bank account. 

I've called my bank to explain to them and they said in confidence that there is not pending transfer from Upwork. 

What do i do? 

Hi Odey,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

This has never happened before, its already 4 business day and i don't where my money is.

Please i want a trace for my funds. 

evgendm
Community Member

Hey Upwork,

I have a problem with one of my withdrawals from May 9th  (4 months ago) which I've not received yet. Whoc could help me here? My bank is telling that they haven't received the actual money from your bank. Your support team isn't getting any useful information. What can I do to get this solved?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yevhenii,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already updated your support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
7b4c5bb4
Community Member

Hello, 

I tried to withdraw the amount into my local bank account but I've yet recieved it. There's a bit of spelling mistake in my last name in my bank account. Please enlighten me on this!

Thanks, 

Pradeep Upadhyay 

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your message. If you are referring to the fund withdrawal initiated on Sept 11th, please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ryboztemir
Community Member

The system doesn't accept my IBAN. I think it is about the IBAN system in Turkey. I read something about swift code. It says when you delete the triple 'X', it accepts but it doesn't work for me.

Hi Remzi,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the bank codes? Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct bank code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found section of your bank information tab.

Please let us know if the issue persists so we can further assist you

~ AJ
Upwork
shilo111588
Community Member

Hi, I made a transfer to my local bank (BDO) last Sept. 7, 2022 and still haven't received it. Can you assist me with this?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths