🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received
Page options
jacekdev
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hey,

After week of withdraw, ( 2 days after expected day of delivery ), I don't get a payment. In bottom email about payment status there is info: "If you did not initiate this payment, please contact us immediately." 
So I ask there on forum, because I have not found any contact form on UpWork.

I am not sure why it take so long, my eariler payment was in time.
If is there is some support for payment can I ask for email contact or how that works there..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Claramarie,

It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

791 REPLIES 791

Hi Ammar,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Should I stop any further withdraw or continue.?

f4641552
Community Member

Previously, I was having my funds rejected by the bank. So I updated my credit card details to perfectly match the address on my bank statement, and now I get a new error, "The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply."

Maybe this is because I've been trying to withdraw so much? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Hi Jesus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
jhoniesantiago
Community Member

Can somebody help me? I withdraw funds using the "Get Paid Now" button yesterday Friday Sept 23, but until now, I have not received that my withdrawal is being processed. Usually, it would only take at least 5 hours after withdrawing funds.

Hi Jerwin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. There is also a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. Even though you did not receive an email notification, rest assured that the payment is already in process.

If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

~ AJ
Upwork

what do you mean "confirm that the transaction was successful on our end."?

i am not getting an email confirmation about that until now? what is happening?

Hi Jerwin,

Thank you for your message. I would like to clarify that the fund withdrawal was successfully initiated on your Upwork account. You will receive a notification as soon as your withdrawal is processed. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for clarifying however that is what I am asking.

I withdraw funds using the "Get Paid Now" button Friday, Sept 23, but until now, I have not received an email that my withdrawal is being processed. Usually, it would only take a few mins or hours after withdrawing funds.

Again, I did not receive an email that my withdrawal is being processed until is there someone that really cares who can answer and help, instead of just copying your answer from your website that we already know and paste here. 

Hi Jerwin,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

If you have further questions or if you need furter assistance feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you directly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
361b4b8a
Community Member

Upwork is Showing that your payment is processed 

But I haven't received any payment in my bank account 

My bank account details are correct because it's not my first time when I'm withdrawing

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Deependra, 

As noted in the email you received, the money should reflect in your account by 28-September. Note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

~ Avery
Upwork
2c01e66f
Community Member

Hello, I requested fund withdrawal direct to local bank account on 21 Sep 2022 but I haven't received the payment yet

Hi Francisco,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
saifuddin666
Community Member

I withdrew 160 USD on Sep 15, direct to local bank. I have still not received the money after 8 working days and there is no way to track the transaction since my local bank requested for an MT number which upwork doesn't provide. I tired reading the aritcles / FAQs which were unhelpul as I've already waited for 8 working days. Tried contacting support several times to no avail as the chat bot just sends articles links. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi Saif, 

If I got it correctly your 8th day would be on September 27th. 

I recommend opening a ticket or chatting with Upwork support and asking for the disbursement receipt of the said payment. Typically, they can provide it within 48hrs. You can then send the GACH receipt to your beneficiary bank while your withdrawal hasn't reached the 8th business day. This way, your bank can do an initial investigation of your withdrawal. 

Hope this helps!

Hi Clavel,

I'll shall wait then. Thank you for outlining the procedure.

Hi Saif,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your fund withdrawal. The 8 business days will be completed on Sept 27th. Feel free to reach us if you do not receive funds by Sept 28th so that we can initiate a trace for you.

Thank you,

Pradeep 

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Unluckily I still haven't received my funds. Could you please initiate a trace.

Thank you.

Hi Saif,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for sharing my report. It's been three days since the ticket was created and so far I haven't been contacted by any agent or recieved any email regarding this issue. Even in my support tickect it shows that last activity was three days ago. Normally how long does it take for this type of issue to be resolved ?

Thank you.

Hi Saif,

Thank you for reaching out. Generally, it takes 24-48 hours but I can see that our team responded to the ticket the same day it was created. Please check your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
366434f8
Community Member

Sir,
My funds is transfer to my bank account according to Upwork but my funds is not reach to my account. I also get conformation notification from Upwork. Still I not get money or bank notification

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kalsoom, 

I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

~ Avery
Upwork
webmigrates
Community Member

Hello 
i have requested for $6300 withdrawals on 12th september. 
As it was not recieved i contact to support and created support ticket on 16th septemeber. 

Its been 11 days and paument team is not providing any update just copying and pasting same thing from past 11 days its under compilance, not reciving the reply from bank and etc. 

I have asked to share the swift recipet which generated at the time of initiating transfer. but they are not sharing this as well. 

chat support is saying something different and payment team saying something different on ticket. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

its like a comple fraud from upwork and support is not providing tentative date to clear the withdrawals. 
If there is no timelimit then upwork must support freelancers in this situation to providing complete details or credit back that amount to the upwork.

Hi Dharmesh,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you wish to update the team with new information, we highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread in order to keep everything in one place and for one agent to assist you efficiently. Tracing payments take time and our team may not be able to give an estimated date for resolution as we will need to coordinate with third-party entities. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie, 

this thready is already in the tickets, and there is no reply, i am holding my patience from 16 days, there is no answer and no securities from the upwork side.

Whats the reason upwork not sharing the swift copy which has been generated at the time of fund transfer initiation. 

Hi Dharmesh,

I understand you're frustrated and want us to have the answer for this but I assure you that you are already being assisted by the right team. I followed up with them to let them know that you also reached out via Community. Kindly send any future inquiries that you may have to the support ticket so the team sees everything in one place. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
zarak_mughal
Community Member

This is the transaction ID, i haven't receive any payemnt on my account yet. Earlier whenever i withdraw amount less than 2000$ it comes in under 30 minutes but for now i am waitng for more than 4 days.

I also want to know if this transaction can be void, i don't want a withdrawal, it is basically automatically scheduled. I also want to ask how my bank can tell me about this like what i need to give them.

I don't find anyway to ask upwork support for this question, any relevant link for that.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. We are unable to stop or reverse the fund withdrawal initiated on your Upwork account. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths