๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received
Page options
ashiffinance
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

i was transfer balance on 29.02.2023 through direct bank payment. but still not received the balance in my bank. what should i do Now?? please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Morrison,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,149 REPLIES 1,149
indktr
Community Member

Vou responder em Inglรชs por causa dos outros users e das guidelines. The last one was on the 15th of December and money didn't show up yet, before that, I made one on the 8th of December and funds were available on the 11th. It has been like this forever. I always withdraw every Friday and have the funds available every Monday, until last week. But this is not in the last 12 months, it's been like this since I worked with Upwork. The perk of getting funds available sooner for hourly contracts when you are Top Rated started with the pandemic, but before that, I would make a withdrawal on Wednesdays and funds would be available on Fridays for more than 10 years even before Upwork ever existed, since before it was called Odesk for me, for others Elance, I believe.  So to sum up, in 15 Years this never happened. So don't say 4-5-7-8 days it's the norm because it isn't and it has never been.  

Thanks for the reply Joรฃo. And yes it was Elance, that was my first platform.

So currently for EU freelancers it will take almost a month to get paid!!

This guys are getting crazy. I do believe it's time to flip the clients file roller and let them know what's happening...

There's more than one way to skin a cat, if you know what i mean๐Ÿ˜‰ "wink wink nudge nudge"

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Petra,

I'm sorry to learn that the funds from last Friday still have yet to arrive in your account. checked and can confirm that the transaction you're referring to was successful. Direct-to-local bank transfers are processed within four business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and your location can also delay the process.

Please let us know if, after eight business days, the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. In the meantime, feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
avassallo
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

Please initiate a trace for me. 7 days, 5 business days, have gone by and regardless of your response to Petra, I'm kindly asking for your support today. 

My bank agent sees no international wire transfer within the bank streams which means it could be sitting on someone's desk and, if so, this is unacceptable. No Italian bank holidays are involved either.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hello Petra,

Facing the same issue. The payment from 15 december did not arrive on my french bank account. And as you say, usually by Monday the payment reaches my account, but not this time. If you have any news on your side, please let me know.

Hi Virginia,

I can see that the withdrawal you've made was successful on our end. Direct to Local Bank transactions can take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further.

Please also note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you for answering Virginia. As of now, it still has not arrived. So please let me know from your side as well.

Yes, of course.

Hello Virginia! Would you mind leaving a brief comment with your so-called payment date and where you are based on this thread https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Payment-late-Christmas-ruined-Trust-lost/m-p/1489542#M81... ? It would help to get an overview over how many are affected. On this thread here we are getting 'hidden' as it is marked as 'Solved'.

ajozsef
Community Member

Same issue here (Hungary). Always arrived on Monday, but not this time. Maybe "end of the year" problem ๐Ÿ™‚

petrameb
Community Member

Thank you Abraham! Maybe not an end of the year, but an Upwork problem... Can you also let us know how things go at your end? 

ajozsef
Community Member

Sure. I'm still waiting for the money (Thursday morning here).

petrameb
Community Member

Hello Abraham! Nothing here either, but if Upwork has moved payments to the UK, then we'll have to get used to it. UK banks are notorious for delayed payments (and chaos... lots of chaos).

ajozsef
Community Member

Yes, this is new situation. The money has always arrived on Monday (sometimes Friday evening!) in the past years.

petrameb
Community Member

Hello Virginia & Abraham!  I have not received payment, but I just got a message that my complaint has been raised as an Upwork ticket and someone from support would get in touch to sort the issue. Let's see what comes out of this. Maybe you've got the same message?

I'm in the same situation, I live in Portugal I requested a payment last Thursday, and another two on the following days. I'm afraid I might never get paid. 

ajozsef
Community Member

Yes.

petrameb
Community Member

Hello Virginia & Abraham!

I've just seen this post https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Europe-transfer-fee/m-p/1486885#M811623 which I found quite interesting. I have until now always received my Upwork transfer from an Irish bank, but seemingly Upwork must have changed their European bank and moved the transfers to the UK - which is not part of the EU. Apparently there are now charges for the transfers applied, and seemingly it will take longer.

Hello Petra,

What can i say... It's concerning that we're charged a substantial fee of 9 euros per transfer, particularly given the potential delays, and the lack of notification about these changes adds to the concern. Still didn't receive my payment. 

Hello Virginia! Neither did I (receive the payment), but I think the change of bank might be the reason. I'll be using Paypal now, but will send a request to Upwork to revert to the Irish banks. We can not possibly be the only ones.

I also assumed we weren't the only ones facing this issue, but it's strange that there aren't more discussions about it on the forum.

There's still the 8 days waiting time and most will probably sit it out - or have already contacted Upwork support privately. Remember that it's Christmas and people might be busy with other things. I am sure the money will come at some point.

indktr
Community Member

They are starting to show up. 

I was just wanted to join the crowd. I requested a transfer to a local German bank on Friday, but I haven't received anything yet. So, we are all in waiting mode it seems.

Thank you Sergey for joining the club. The more the merrier (and the more likely to get an answer that exceeds the platitude of: we are sorry, but you have to wait 8 days...). And please keep us updated if something happens at your end.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths