🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I am not receiving the verification email...
Page options
George L Community Member

Email verification failed!

Hello, i'm not able to verify my email.
The link of the verification mail is not working, landing to a page with a message.
I have tried two/three times with email resend but no luck.

Email verification failed!

Please make sure that you have copied and pasted the entire URL from your email in your browser.
If you are still having trouble verifying your email contact customer support.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

If you need help verifying your email, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea

View solution in original post

469 REPLIES 469
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi BM,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Monika M Community Member

The email account I used for my freelancer profile is being terminated and I need to change it to a new email address. My profile is not accepting my new email address, it says it already exists.

If I don't change it soon, I will lose access to my account. Can you help?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Monika,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. I'm sorry if you're having difficulties updating the email address on file. Rest assured that one of our agents will be in touch with you soon with more information and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Thomas M Community Member

I know my email is working and have checked my Spam and Trash folders. I've checked the SPAM folders. I'm being guided to Support but until I verify the email it takes me back to the same page.  I've exhausted everything. Thanks, Tom

"We just sent an email to the address: .....Please check your email and select the link provided to verify your address"

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out!  I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Thomas M Community Member

I'm at the end of setting up my account. It's been a while since I've used Upwork. Not sure how to solve the error above during new account setup. I have changed my company name and email.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry if you're still having difficulties setting up your profile. Please continue coordinating with the team through the ticket Joanne raised with your concerns. Rest assured that you'll be assisted accordingly to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Leatrice G Community Member

I can not remember my password.  If I try to use my email to create a new account it says it is in use.  If I say I forgot password and request a new one it says invalid email.  I had to create an account with an email I do not want to use to post this.  Please help me.

Hi Leatrice,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Lexy G Community Member

I've tried sending this email probably 20 times at this rate. Yes, the email is correct and yes, I've checked my spam folder. There should really be an easier way to get in touch with support. This seems like a common issue. Hoping to get this resolved.

Hi Lexy,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having trouble receiving the verification email. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
John M Community Member

Can someone please help me

I have an account and it's saying my mother's maiden name is incorrect evem though I logged in a few days ago with it and haven't changed it since and I know it's correct. When I go to reset it I don't receive the PIN from upwork to the registered email and nor can i reset the password even though i know the correct password and that works. I cannot receive any emails from upwork even though it's showing i received an email from upwork back in January. I don't remember the address and phone number I used so I cannot get upwork to help me and they're unwilling to let me speak to an agent. I'm at the wits end and just want to talk with upwork regarding this account to see what is going on.

My email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please can soemone from upwork help me... I know for a fact I did not change the maiden name and I can login the email and password but still don't get any emails to the same address i use to login from upwork!... so i have no way to reset the maiden name even though I know it's correct and it worked a few days ago... and I know for sure I didn't change it... I'm extremely confused!!

I have been getting angry at the pc all day becauase of this I have no idea... i have not received any email explaining what is wrong or anything... I assume the account is still active as I logged in just a few days ago and the password is still working just someone has changed my mother's maiden name or there is something wrong with the system... also i cannot explain why I'm not receiving any emails from upwork... I'd be willing to give upwork access to the email registered with the account so they can see for themselves that upwork seems to haveblocked it...

the email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please cam someone help becausse I was in the middle of hiring for a project and this is really stressful for me.

John M Community Member

Can someone from UPWORK PLEEASE HELP ME! I CANNOT GET THROUGH TO YOU

Hi John,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you through the email address linked to your main account with more information and further assistance about your account concerns

~ Arjay
Upwork
Hafsa A Community Member

I am not receiving password recovery email, it says my password is compromised yet no email, theres nothing in Junk as well
This is for my official account using this one to get help

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Hafsa,

Thanks for reaching out! I will go ahead and check this with our team, and we will provide an update once we have more information. 

Update:

Thank you for patiently waiting, Hafsa!

I checked with the team and it looks like they already reached out to you previously about your account status. You can access the ticket here. It appears that you failed to respond to the ticket as they requested. Please know that I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Hafsa A Community Member

Thankyou will be waiting to hear back

Hafsa A Community Member

Hello Joanne,
I have another professional account. Its not this one i need access to.
If you want i can share the email associated with that too

Haley R Community Member

Hi! I am unable to log into my account because I am trying to reset my password, but after numerous attempts, I am still not getting the email. I have no idea what my password is so please help me out! This is not the account I usually use.

Hi Haley,

I see that you've successfully verified your email address and were able to log in. Looks like you're all set. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Hazal T Community Member

I've been trying for a week. I did not receive the verification email. I checked the Spam. How can you help me?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Hazal,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Kate B Community Member

I am trying to verify my identity. The issue I am facing is that Upwork says this:

'We just sent an email to the address: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please check your email and select the link provided to verify your address.'

But (as demonstrated below) there is no relevant link.

If this was you no further action is required. If you do not recognize this activity, reset your password immediately.

Security is important to us at Upwork, and we will inform you if we notice unusual account activity. We may be unable to recognize a login attempt when you have cleared your cookies or are logged in under private browsing mode.

For tips on how to keep yourself safe online visit the Upwork Security Center. To add an extra layer of security, you can choose to receive a text message if we notice unusual activity like this in the future. Go to your Password and Security settings now to set up two-step verification

I have also tried via the QR Code, and the text message and the App on my phone - but this just directs me to safari to the last (unrelated and non-Upwork) page that I was on. Can I have some help? Is this a temporary bug?

Shadrack M Community Member

How long have you been on upwork?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Kate,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths