🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to buy connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,090 REPLIES 1,090

Hello Riyad, I am Forest B L.

Hmm, that's always a bit frustrating. Double-check your billing info—make sure the card details are entered correctly, the expiration date is valid, and there's enough balance or credit on the card. If the problem persists, you might want to contact Upwork's support. They should be able to help you sort it out.

Thank You.

Bank Problem.

The Problem has been Solved.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Riyad,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties processing payments with your billing method on file. In general, this happens when the bank keeps declining transactions you're attempting on your card. I took a closer look and confirmed that the transactions you're trying to process have been declined by your bank.

Please get in touch with your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Alternatively, you may add a new payment method to your account. We suggest you check this help article to learn more about several ways to purchase Connects or upgrade your membership plan.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0c7f7c52
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I am unable to connect my Paypal as a billing method, even though I have used it in the past. This is the error massage: "We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card." I attached an image with the error.

I already verified my paypal but it still won't let me link my paypal. 

Stay tuned to your comments.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Brian,

Thank you for reaching out. Please note that only verified PayPal accounts can be used to purchase Connects. If you have a verified account, you will need a credit card to be added as a backup billing method if you plan to use PayPal to purchase Connects or pay for a membership plan.

Alternatively, you can check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods in this help article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0c7f7c52
Community Member

Thank for reply Arjay.

I already added a credit card before to tried to connect, but still showed the same massage.

Hi Brian,

Please try again after clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser instead?

~ Joanne
Upwork
0c7f7c52
Community Member

Hello Joanne,

I cleaned the cache and tried in a different browser, but still doesn't work.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for following up. To withdraw earnings, please update your tax information. You can find more details on this page. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
4b1c757a
Community Member

Upon adding my card details on the billing page, I receive "We are unable to authorize your card as the billing details you entered does not match with your bank or credit card company" - however my card has the verification transaction and I receive an email with my card being added to my account.

Hi Silur,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble adding your billing method. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
samer_magdi
Community Member

I can't buy a new connects and when I try to migrate to the Upwork plan plus it gives me this message "Your payment could not be processed. " P.S.: I updated my billing method too many times and the same problem exists. 

Hi Samer,

I checked, and it looks like your card-issuing bank has declined the transaction. Please contact them directly so that they can assist you with the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sharmaanupam96
Community Member

I have recently added a Visa credit card to my billing methods but when I try to buy the freelancer plus subscription it shows "your payment could not be processed." Please guide

Hi Anupam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I've talked to the bank but still there is no clear reason. Can you please deduct the amount from my pending funds for the subscription, I'd appreciate that.

Hi Anupam,

I've converted your post into a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of the members will contact you on this page with more information and further assistance in resolving your payment issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
507cb970
Community Member

I am trying to buy connects with my master card here in Nigeria but the system keeps rejecting it, please what should I do or is there anything like P2P in Upwork ?

Hi Paul,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
507cb970
Community Member

I have gone to the bank to change another master card but system is rejecting it, is there anything like P2P method or getting connects from third party 

Hi Paul,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

The agent has solved my problem  thanks 

Dear friend,

Please kindly check whether the card you are using is suitable for
international transactions or not.
55db3a48
Community Member

Can you buy connects with a debit card? I added 2 cards but I can't purchase, I can only buy conects with the money I have in upwork which I don't want to use, I want to buy conects with my debit card.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork

I also had a similar problem sometimes back. Then i found out that i needed to remove my billing method from the settings option and then add it again. And it worked. Now everytime i have to purchase connects i have to do the same thing again. Very annoying!

Community Member

My payment were declined for unknown reason. I checked all details and they were all correct. I already visited my depository bank and contacted their customer support but the said the problem is not on their end. I need clear answer and solution from upwork. I need to buy connect. Please help.

Regards,

Jimmy Sotto 

Hi Jimmy,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear friend,

You can try this_
1) Use an alternate payment method.
OR
2)
Remove the payment-method you added to Upwork Upwork. Clear the cache of
the browser you use. And then add the same payment method.

This may help.
cfdc0ad9
Community Member

I'm having problem in adding my bank card to upwork to purchase connects, I contacted my bank they said nothing wrong I used two of my bank cards still the same issue. 

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Kolawole,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance in adding a billing method to your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1217a4d1
Community Member

Hi,

I've encountered difficulties purchasing connects as each attempt with various cards from different banks resulted in an "unauthorized card" prompt. Despite multiple discussions with the bank, they consistently assured me that everything is in order from their end. Can anyone provide assistance with this issue?

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Mukesh,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank.

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your concern the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5591a0c1
Community Member

I made a transaction of 3.54 dollars for 20 connects, but I did not receive the 20 connects in my Upwork account and 83.39 Rupees were deducted from my account. Please either refund the money back to my account or update connects in my account.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Aditya,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
149da465
Community Member

I want to purchase connects from my chosen Billing Method, not from my earnings. 

Is there any solution to this problem? 

Hi Nabeel,

We appreciate your interest in buying Connects. Please know that the system can only use your billing method to purchase Connects if you don't have an available balance on your account. I understand you'd prefer to be able to choose which one to use so we will be noting your feedback and sharing it with the team

- Pradeep

Upwork

But I don't wanna withdraw my funds now!! Is there any solution for this,
it is our right to have an option!! This is not acceptable
62c968c6
Community Member

Whenever I try to add payment  method  with my Visa card 

I keep getting  the error message,  "unable to authorize your card please add another payment method or contact your issuing bank"

Please let me know what's the problem , I can't buy connects and apply for any jobs since last month. 
The chat bot is very useless,
it cant help me. Is there no other way I can speak with a real person?
Please help or otherwise deleting account from upwork is my last remaining  option.
ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Adolphus.

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this error may have caused when trying to purchase Connects on your account. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths