🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't buy connects
Page options
Sandeep S Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you

Pradeep

View solution in original post

1,090 REPLIES 1,090
Gurpreet S Community Member

My problem has been solved. Thanks

Saddam F Community Member

Hi, I want to buy Membership Plus but what happens is like this picture "problem 1". After I checked settings>Billing & Payments there was a note like this picture "problem 2" so please give advice and explain what that means. Thank Youproblem 1problem 1problem 2problem 2 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Saddam, 

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Hasham D Community Member

Hi there, I am facing this issue while attaching my Visa card for buying connects.Please Help

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Hasham,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Ahmad S Community Member

hey!

I'm not able to buy connects, I have tried with the posted solutions (Deleted Cookies and others) but the issue is still looming.

"Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, contact customer support."

Could you please help me out with this?

please help

Ahmad soleh Mihardi

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for your message. I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that your card was declined with the reason, 'Insufficient funds/over credit limit'. Could you please contact your card issuing bank to check available limits and permission to complete international transactions? 

- Pradeep

Ariel H Community Member

Hi,

I'm receiving the following when trying to buy connects "We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card" 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Ariel,

I'm sorry you're having trouble buying Connects. If you haven't already, could you please confirm if your PayPal account is verified? You can check this article for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Kurnianto K Community Member

I am trying to add a billing method and when I choose Paypal I'm able to successfully log in however Upwork says "we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified"

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Kurnianto,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Tejas T Community Member

Screenshot 2024-02-29 191758.png

I am not able to buy the connects, it is shown that it is the issue by your end please resolve this issue as soon as possible!!

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Tejas,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Ibad R Community Member

I am having trouble in buying connects from my debit card it keeps showing the same error from yesterday that there is an error from your end while doing the transaction please try again later

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Ibad,

~ Luiggi
Rajni D Community Member

I am writing to report an issue I encountered while attempting to purchase connects on the Upwork platform. Upon trying to complete the transaction using my debit card, the payment of Rs. 1615.77 was deducted from my account, but the connects were not received. Additionally, an error message appeared, stating: "Something went wrong from our side, please refresh the page."

I'm attempting to engage with chat support, but I'm encountering an issue where only one message is displayed at a time. Despite my efforts, I haven't found a solution to this problem yet.

rajnidevi16_0-1709375711834.png

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Rajni,

Thanks for bringing to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Mehjabin Shahidi M Community Member

I don't know what kind of problem is it but ı have been trying for 3-5 days to buy connects, but even ı refresh to page, ı can not buy connect and ı tried to talk with help center. could you please help?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Mehjabin,

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Lisette Hannah S Community Member

Hello there, its been more than a week already yet I am still having a hard time connecting my bank account to upwork billing method. Is there a problem with my account? May I know the reasons? I cant continue to find clients because I have low connects remaining. I really want to find clients but I cant proceed. Please help me. 

95c30f63_0-1710844173500.png

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Lisette,

~ Luiggi
Leandro Manuel M Community Member

I've tried to add billing methods via paypal and debit/credit cards, however Upwork keeps rejecting them for some reason and I am unable apply to any jobs. I tried erasing the browser cookies too but there was no result unfortunately

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Leandro,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having trouble managing your billing method. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Aleksandr C Community Member

I use agency profile and tried to buy connects with account balance. Previously it's worked (past week).

"Since you have enough money in your Upwork account, we’ll use it for this purchase."

But this week I got this message: Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support.

Can you please help with this?

Balan

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Aleksandr,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths