🐈
» Forums » Support » Billing Method is not active
Page options
Sandeep S Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you

Pradeep

View solution in original post

1,090 REPLIES 1,090
Swapnil G Community Member

Same problem i am facing 
Error :

Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, contact customer support.

I tried many times But still  have issue to buy connects even i tried to pay for upwork plus but not succeeded , please solve this problem 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Swapnil,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Md Torikul Islam L Community Member

Hey I am new in Upwork family. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. Did you tried to purchase connects by your Upwork balance? Also you can try with Payoneer Mastercard.

Rajat V Community Member

Hello,

I am unable to buy new connects from my account. This Issue is coming - Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, contact customer support.

Please Help !

Rajat

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Rajat,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble buying Connects. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Rajat V Community Member

Hello Pradeep,
I tried clearing Cookies and Cache in browser and also tried with different brower but still I am unable to buy connects. Kindly Help !

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Rajat,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Humza K Community Member

Hi, 

I am facing issues as below due to my account not being reviewed even after multiple days:

1. Payment method not active.

2. Billing method not ative.

I have uploaded my documents and they have been verified once before also.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad Humza,

I see that you reached out to our support team and raised a ticket about your financial account concerns. Please allow them 24-48 hours and you will get an update on your ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Humza K Community Member

Hi Arjay,

It has been more than 24-48 hours. Can you please take up this issue with the support team?

Thankyou.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Humza,

We've followed up with the team and they've shared an update with you via your ticket. Please continue communicating with them from there; they will be assisting you further. 

~ Luiggi
Elijah A Community Member

I tried adding a mastercard as my billing method but it's saying we are unable to authorize your card. Please what can I do?. I have been waiting for a reply but no one seems to care. I tried some of my other cards but it still didnt work and my cards are actively working.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Elijah,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Salma F Community Member

Hey i just added billing method (mastercard cc) to buy some connects, but it keeps saying "Billing method is not active.". I have put the right information and i've used this card for international transaction before. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Salma,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Chinazom O Community Member

i am finding it very difficult to buy connect, the error message i keep receiving is that the fault is from upwork end. i dint know what to do

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Chinazom,

We checked and saw that you've purchased Connects successfully. You can view it here once logged into your Upwork account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Conde M Community Member

Hi everyone I can't seem to buy connects on my upwork it keeps telling me to go to the support system I ve tried logging in to different devices but it is still declining and I am losin a lot of jobs 🙏😔

William T C Community Member

Click the above Support link and send a screenshot with the issue.

Conde M Community Member

IMG_4576.png

Sydney x Community Member

I can see that you tried buying the connects but I will advise you to check the card or the type of billing method that you are using because probably the billing method doesn't correspond with the point of payment.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Conde,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Falak S Community Member

Hi, It's been like 10 days I am facing an issue that my billing method is not active. Thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Falak,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Mercy O Community Member

Hi There, I keep getting this error message we are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

My bank has confirm everything is ok and upwork accepts the card, but I still same error message on upwork 

That "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I want to buy connects but can't move forward cause of this. Please help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths