🐈
» Forums » Support » Facing Issue in Buying Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,090 REPLIES 1,090
57495eb8
Community Member

Hello Sir,

Have any possibility to suspend my Upwork account because of using other user card?

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Md. Juwel,

Suppose you're not an authorized user of the card, yes! This can be considered an unauthorized use of another user's account, and it's against Upwork's TOS, so your account could be suspended.

~ Arjay
Upwork
153c4392
Community Member

I have tried to buy connects using my mastercard but it is giving me error again and again can anyone resolve this issue ??

153c4392_0-1695793963632.png

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
47ca3cf7
Community Member

I recently joined upwork and published my agency here i organized everything my company did on the poritofio and. even upgraded my plan paying $20 but after that i want to bid for work and i need to buy connects everytime i tried no matter how much connects it kept rejecting it i am kinda furstrated if someone can help please. ive attached the screenshot of what it says below.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Daniel,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance in purchasing Connects for your agency.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a47b39ba
Community Member

Hello, Arjay,

I have the same issues and even after my bank sends me my one time password, the issue still persists. I have tried contacting support as well, but it is very futile and I am really frustrated. 

I ended up sending my complaint to the email containing the help I received a while ago for my password issues and my password was changed while I did not get any help on my current issue.

Please help me out.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sophia,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Oh hey, I'm sorry for the late reply. I haven't been here for a while.

Customer service has been of immense help to me already. Thank you.

925a521a
Community Member

looking for a help please!

here is my issues

1. I upgraded my agency to agency plus 1st time on Aug 13 2023

2. missed to upgrade it on Sep 13, 2023.

3. So it back to Agency Basic plan again. 

4. I tried to upgrade it again on Sep 21, 2023 with a New Card no.

5. But it shows a msg unable to change.

6. Also got a email as below:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Why it is comming?

how to solve it? 

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dipali,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like your card-issuing bank has declined the transaction. In this case, it would be best to contact them directly so that they can check on the specific decline error. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for reaching out, it looks like the bank that issued you the
card has refused to do business with you for some reason, so you should go
to the bank and talk to them yourself so they can look into any mistakes.

Hi Annie I checked with the bank and they informed that its not a issue from their end. also a 0.10 has charged by upwork for every attempt.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Dipali,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further with adding the card and the fees charged to you. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
ebd5dc6e
Community Member

Can someone please check my account? I purchased connects and they are still not added. So I thought I made a mistake and purchased again on a different card. Now I have 2 charges and NO NEW CONNECTS. When I apply for a job it says not enough credits and still prompts me to purchase again. Not super helpful! Thank you!

same issue here, connects not reflecting on my account🥹 I was already charged🥹

I'm having this same issue, not sure where to go from here? If anyone finds out please let me know, thanks!!

Hi Zoe and Criselda,

I'm sorry to learn you're also experiencing this. I've escalated both of your posts so that an agent can contact each of you for further assistance. You can access your respective support tickets here

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Jax,

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
97d0f83d
Community Member

I'm having an issue with using PayPal as the Payment Method for buying Connects. Please help me with any tips or suggestions. Because I can't reach any Customer Support (person) to send a ticket about my issue.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact PayPal support and ask them about the verification needed on your account? Once the issue is resolved on their end, please try purchasing Connects again.

~ AJ
Upwork
925f9c48
Community Member

Now in my account i have 11$ i earn but i have not connections thats way i want to buy connections with this payment but when i go to buy it didnot show me pay with upwork account 

Please guide me

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Before purchasing Connects or a membership plan, you’ll need to add a Billing Method to your account. There are three billing methods available to all freelancers.

If you want to purchase Connects or are moving from our free Basic plan to a Plus plan, you will need to sign up and pay for the first month with your billing method (any existing balance can't be used in this case).

If you have sufficient balance available from Upwork earnings, you can use this balance to pay for an ongoing Freelancer Plus membership or purchase additional Connects. If your balance isn't sufficient, we'll charge your chosen billing method.

1. Credit or Debit Card
  2. Paypal
  3. Upwork Balance (should have method 1 or 2 as a primary option)

To add a new billing method to your account:

1. Go to Settings › Billing Methods
  2. Click the Add Method button
  3. Enter your billing information

Or you may go to this link.

759e32fa_0-1697021135494.png

Once successfully added, you may go to Membership & Connects.

To learn more, kindly check this help article.

~ AJ
Upwork

i have not showing upwork payment in my upwork account 11$ but i their is no option shows to buy connection from upwork payment their just 2 account shows paypal & master

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

You won't be able to use your Upwork balance at this time. You will need to sign up and pay for the first month with your billing method before Upwork can charge your Upwork balance when you decide to renew.

~ AJ
Upwork
collinsanele
Community Member

Hello freelancers, how do you buy connects using your debit master/visa cards because mine keeps on being refused.

Thanks 

Hi Collins,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like your card-issuing bank has declined the transaction. Could you please contact them directly so that they can check on the specific decline error? After they've checked everything on their end, you may try the transaction again. If the issue persists, please feel free to reach out to us. 

~ AJ
Upwork
1217a4d1
Community Member

I am unable to buy Connects tried various payment methods,  several times can anybody help me in this regard

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mukesh,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like your card-issuing banks declined the transaction. Could you please contact them directly so that they can check on the specific decline error? After they've checked everything on their end, you may try the transaction again. If the issue persists, please feel free to reach out to us. 

~ AJ
Upwork
rahulbangar786
Community Member

I am NOT being able to buy new connects. It says "recent charge failed". 

Hi Rahul,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the bank keeps declining transactions you're attempting on your card. Please get in touch with your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you're still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Dear friend,

Please check whether your payment method (Credit card / Debit card) is
INTERNATIONALLY accepted or not. If it is, kindly contact your card-issuing
agency (Bank, etc.) for assistance. Upwork is always at your disposal for
help and support.

Thank you
27bc4586
Community Member

Hi there, i have been facing issues to buy connects , i always get the meesage "recent charge failed" authorization problem. not able to do anything without connnects, i have tried all the methods listed in the forum regarding the same issue. My bank account is working perfectly talked to them they say we have'nt recieved any request of funds from upwork. i have also tried multiple times adding and removing payment billing methods after clearing chache and cookies.  so kindly please dont reply with any general solution which i already tried. this problem is from the upwork end.

please somebody help !! 

Hi Sachin,

I checked, and it seems like the transaction has been declined. You might want to contact your credit card issuing bank so that they can look into the specific decline error.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

Please check whether your payment method (Credit card / Debit card) is
INTERNATIONALLY accepted or not. If it is, kindly contact your card-issuing
agency (Bank, etc.) for assistance. Upwork is always at your disposal for
help and support.

Thank you.
bf272725
Community Member

Good morning 

i tried to buy connects but i get this message, plz helpbuying connects issuebuying connects issue

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Haidi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In general, this happens when the bank keeps declining transactions you're attempting on your card. Please get in touch with your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you're still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page.

~ AJ
Upwork
962f01e8
Community Member

I tried to add PayPal as billing method but it's saying error message like this.

"Sorry, We weren't able to authorize your card. Please choose another way to pay"

I made upwork profile name as same like on PayPal.

What is the issue.

How can i solve this issue?

One Note: Already i added same visa card that linked on PayPal as a billing method but i want to use PayPal as preference.

Thank you

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Felipe,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand you're having trouble adding PayPal as your billing method.

You may add your PayPal account by going to your account Settings > Billing & payments > Add a New Billing Method. 

For more information on the payment methods available, please refer to this article: Billing Methods

If the same error persists, we suggest you contact PayPal directly as to why you are unable to add your PayPal account because the error from the screenshot you provided shows issue with authorizing your card. 

~ AJ
Upwork
6008dbec
Community Member

Have been trying to use my debit card(Nigeria card) to purchase Connect but to no avail

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths