🐈
» Forums » Support » Facing Issue in Buying Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,061 REPLIES 1,061
7bc67c05
Community Member

I don't know where to go to buy connects?

Hi Taylor,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! To purchase additional Connects:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Memberships & Connects
  3. Click Add More Connects

Once you’ve selected the bundle you wish to purchase, click Add Connects and your account will automatically be charged. You may check this help article to learn more about Connects.

~ Arjay
Upwork
27c1573d
Community Member

Hi Upwork
Yesterday I was trying to buy connects from my friend's visa card  ending with 4077 and my friend is based in Islamabad, Pakistan and I am from germany. Upwork put my account on hold. Can I use my friend card for buying upwork connects? And also now Full name of my friend is coming up and I cant change that and Date of birth and governement documents should be mine

Best Regards
Rohail Bhatti 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

27c1573d_0-1694259096445.png

ReplyForward

Hi Rohail,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
mhz_fahad
Community Member

I'm trying to buy connects with the same card that I used a few days ago.

Hi Mahmud,

I'm sorry you're having trouble buying Connects. Can you please share more details of the error you're experiencing when you try buying them? A screengrab of what you see on your end would help, but please make sure you don't leave your personal information visible.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mhz_fahad
Community Member

mhz_fahad_0-1694282863522.png

Thanks for sharing the details, Mahmud. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9131ff41
Community Member

Hello fellow freelancers,

I hope you're all doing well. I've been a 2 months Upwork Plus member, and my membership has always automatically renewed on the 10th of each month without any issues. However, I've noticed that my Upwork Plus membership did not renew as expected this month (September).

I wanted to reach out to the community and inquire if anyone else has experienced a similar situation recently or if there have been any changes in the renewal process that I might not be aware of.

I rely on the benefits of my Upwork Plus membership, such as connects and other premium features, for my freelancing activities, so it's important for me to ensure it's renewed promptly.

If anyone has insights or advice on how to address this issue or if you've encountered a similar situation, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,

Rushikesh.S

Hi Rushikesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Freelancer Plus subscription is automatically renewed every month when your billing cycle restarts. However, it looks like there was a problem charging your billing method. We highly suggest contacting your bank to inquire about the specific reason why the transaction was declined. You may also try adding another billing method so you can resume your subscription.

~ AJ
Upwork
ericfrank97
Community Member

I have a Debit card and am unable to make a payment even though it completed the 1 dollar verification, also tried Paypal and Paypal does not support wallet for Indian accounts. How do I pay for the plus membership

Hi Eric,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems purchasing the subscription to Freelancer Plus. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork

But my card had a successful 1 dollar verification thing, so why would it reject after that

Hi Eric,

We don't have this information, unfortunately. It is best to contact the bank so they can inform you. 

~ AJ
Upwork
cr8ivedesk
Community Member

Helle

My card detail is correct but At Upwork, I get
"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."
Please help

Hi Burhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork
6e9e7c4a
Community Member

I need help to buy connects, I can´t use credit card and paypal. And support center didn´t answer my questions. Thanks!!

Try other card. It is Upwork issue, many cards and Paypal rejecting with no reason. Or speak with support (very long way).

Hi Gustavo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e1d4c165
Community Member

Hello there,
I've been struggling for hours trying to purchase connects. Every time I attempt to pay for the connects using the same card I've used successfully in the past, it keeps failing. It was showing that " There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again." This issue has left me feeling really down. Please, could you look into this matter for me? Your assistance would mean a lot. Thank you.

MD,

Make sure your card hasn't expired or over it's limit. Contact your credit card company.

Hey William, I'd like to express my gratitude for your cooperation. I'm pleased to inform you that the issue has been resolved, and everything is functioning as expected now.

Hi MD MAMUNOR,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e1d4c165
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

I'm pleased to inform you that the card is now working as expected. Your kind and quick response made a significant difference, and I sincerely thank you for your support.

Regards

3936c0d9
Community Member

Hello,

My name is Karan.

I tried to buy connects via Rupee Debit card and when I tried to buy it some charges deducted from my account. I received this message from my Bank : "Alert!You've spent Rs.83.29 On HDFC Bank Debit Card At Upwork -CardValidate Upw". And it is showing error for which I attached screenshot of it. Please guide me this Card validate charges is common and it is refundable or not and this screenshot error too.

Thank you

Karan Khatri

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Karan,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and can confirm that the transaction was not successful. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie but can you please guide me that charge is from Upwork and is it refundable?

Hi Karan,

Thank you for reaching out and raising this query. Yes! For purchasing Connects, charges will be from Upwork. If you have applied for a job that is no longer available because of a violation or wasted Connects on a job proposal that turns out to be fraud, we will return your Connects. 

In these cases, Connects are credited back to your account for reuse — not for a refund of their cash value. I hope this clarifies. Please don't hesitate to check this help article to learn more about Connects.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3936c0d9
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Rs 83.29 is deducted from my Bank Account while purchasing connects. I'm asking for this charges. Is it common for all and is it refundable?

I'm not asking for connects that charges for applying for a job.

Thank you

Karan Khatri 

Hi

Anyone can reply please?

Thank you

Karan Khatri 

Hi Karan,

I checked your account and saw that your card-issuing bank has declined the transaction. Please get in touch with them directly so they can check on the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
18c05dbc
Community Member

I have been trying to purchase connects using my visa card, which is active, has sufficient fund, and is enabled for international transactions, but I am facing an error - "Recent Charge Failed". This issue is preventing me from proceeding further and has halted nearly all activities. Hence, I request the Upwork team to deal with this issue in an expeditedly. 

Yours Sincerely, 

Al Farhaan Hasan 

In spite of being enabled for international transactions, sometimes bank san blok foreign payment requests. Please, contact with your bank, I have faced with the same problem, and my bank solved it, there is no problem connected with Upwork

Tural Babashov

Thankyou very much for clarifying. I will contact my bank then. 

bfcee135
Community Member

Hi. I can seem to buy any connects. I already connected my mastercard and typed the code. But after it refreshes, it just says "Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, contact customer support."

Can someone please assist me? Thanks.

Hi Candy Kheyll,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like your card-issuing bank has declined the transaction. In this case, it would be best to contact them directly so that they can check on the specific decline error. 

~ AJ
Upwork
57495eb8
Community Member

Hi there,

I am facing a problem that i want to buy some connects through my visa debit card, it seems visa card added but not get payment. Screen shows the message "We are unable to authorize your card." Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Although my visa debit card is active, i do my regular transaction through my visa debit card. Please give me the solution for adding my visa debit card.

Thank You!

Md. Juwel Rana 

Hi Md, Juwel,

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm sorry if you're having trouble purchasing Connects. Generally, this happens when the bank keeps declining transactions you're attempting on your card. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Alternatively, you may consider adding an alternative billing method found in this help article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
57495eb8
Community Member

Hello dear,

Can I purchase connect through my friend visa card not my visa card?

Hi Md. Juwel,

Yes, you are allowed to use another user’s card as a Billing method (paying for membership fee, Connects, or contracts) provided you are authorized to do so. If any issue arises, the team will reach out to you. You can find more information on available billing methods in this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths