🐈
» Forums » Support » Facing Issue in Buying Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,061 REPLIES 1,061

you need duel currency international card.

Hi Miguel,

Could you please retry after clearing your browser cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork

hi. yes.. i already cleared my cache and cookies, but the result is still the same.

can you help me please? thanks.

Hi Miguel,

This looks like a temporary technical glitch. Could you please try using a different browser and let us know if that helps? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

I already did.. i also used the app and mobile browser but the result is the same..

Hi Miguel,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks, AJ..

is there any way I can contact Upwork directly to solve this situation?.. I expect this is the problem with Upwork itself.. even my Paypal acct, it says that it is not verified. I using it for years and there are 2 bank accounts connected to it with one card...

4baf12d9
Community Member

Hi,

when i upgrade my basic plan to freelancer plus then all of suden some of my services are tempory on hold, I do not have my own credit card. I use my brother to buy connects. How can i resolve this issue. Kindly help me. 

Thanks

Hi Kainat,

I've shared your report to the appropriate team for further review. One of the team members has reached out with more information and further assistance in resolving the issue. You may access your ticket on this page and your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
velmonte_24
Community Member

Hi. if I can't use my card,

can I use my PayPal account instead? my PayPal account accepted the card but not here in Upwork.

I have been using my PayPal account for years already but they say that it is "NOT VERIFIED"...

How it is not verified? Why?

PAYPAL.png

Hi Miguel,

In order to use PayPal as your billing method, you must have a verified, active PayPal account in good standing. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, go here.

You can also learn more about verified PayPal accounts here. If you're having trouble activating or verifying your PayPal account, please contact PayPal for help. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
nosherwan786
Community Member

Hi there,

Mistakenly while upgrading my account to freelancer plus , i have added payment method (debit card) of my friend who's name is M Hassan Abbas.
Now you are asking to verify my identity as M Hassan Abbas which i'm not and my name is Nosherwan Hamza as per my upwork profile.
I have tried changing my payment method with my own name debit card but i think upwork system has already fetched the name as M Hassan Abbas.
Kindly reset this so i could attach my card with my own name and go further to upgrade my profile to Freelancer plus
Regards, 
Nosherwan Hamza

Hi Nosherwan,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d1832050
Community Member

I am not being allowed to use my card *master card
whereas, I used it earlier to buy connects and now it says that "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Could you please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline? Once you've confirmed that everything is okay on their end, please retry the transaction again.

~ AJ
Upwork
5e975b25
Community Member

I try buying Connec with my naira naira MasterCard, but charges failed. So I deleted the card to add another one and found out I can no longer add any naira mastercard to my billing method. Is there any problem with master card acceptance? 

Hi Abigail,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d1832050
Community Member

I am still facing the same issue. I have tried removing my card and then reattaching it. But now it says that the account is being reviewed and it has to be verified in 2-3 business days and the status as of now is inactive. How come Upwork verified this account/ card earlier and allowed me to make the payment and now this is going on? I am attaching my card and I want to purchase something off your website, why so much hassle?

Please attend to this matter and allow me to work here

Hi Muhammad,

We regret the inconvenience caused by the verification initiated on your Upwork account. This was triggered by a possible discrepancy on your account. Please follow the instructions in the email we sent to your registered address to fix this problem. We thank you for your cooperation and patience as we work on this. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

I received no email and the issue still persists.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it appears that the verification has been completed; you should no longer see this error. If the issue persists, please try clearing your browser cache and cookies. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f0259ac3
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team.

I'm having trouble buying new Connects with Paypal balance. When I'm ready for check-out, I select Paypal as my paying method, but Upwork asks me to add a credit/debit card for my payment. I don't have cards associated with Paypal, and even if I did, I want to pay with my Paypal funds. I have read some Community members that have had the same problem before, so if I'm not mistaken, Paypal balance should be the first paying method to appear, but that's not happening in my case. I have funds in my balance, so that's not the problem. 

I'd appreciate a quick response, since I'm currently looking for work and I don't have enough Connects to submit proposals. 

Thank you!

Hi Victoria,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In order to use PayPal as a billing method on Upwork, your PayPal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments. For cases like this, a funding source is required to add PayPal as a billing method.

You may want to read through this help article to learn more about alternative billing methods when purchasing Connects or upgrading to a membership plan.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2f731c7e
Community Member

Dear Upwork Community,

I wish to buy Connects with Paypal;but send me error

i send picture
nobody cant help me

please help me how i can pay connects with paypal
thanks . 

regards, 
Negar

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Negar,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connect. It seems that your PayPal account has some problems. We kindly request you reach out to PayPal support for assistance. Feel free to try again after the issue is resolved or try using another billing method to complete your purchase.

- Pradeep

Upwork

thanks pradeep 

can i buy conect with another personal paypal accounts?

Hi Negar,

To use PayPal, you must make sure that your verified name on Upwork matches the name on your PayPal account. However, you are allowed to use another user’s card as a Billing method (paying for membership fee, Connects, or contracts) provided you are authorized to do so. If any issue arises, the team will reach out to you. You can find more information on available billing methods in this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
armoghan
Community Member

Hi,

Today I bought 100 Upwork Connects for $15.00 but charged twice as $30.00 were deducted from my account under two different invoice numbers 6617613 and 6617638 but my connects balance only shows 100 connects. Invoice 6617638 is the correct one and can be seen in my transtion history while 6617613 is the one which is charged incorrectly. Please review my transactions for today January 30, 2024 and refund the extra $15.00 in my account. I have attached the Connects and Transaction history as well.

Thanks

Armoghan

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Armoghan,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
armoghan
Community Member

Alright, thanks

danishnb
Community Member

Hello Team,

I do have enough amount for withdrwail in my account and I am tryign to buy Plus membership plan but when I am trying to purchase I am getting a messge that "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

I was having around $17+ in my account but stil I am getting this message.

Thanks you.

Hi Danish,

I've checked your account and it appears that you haven't added a primary billing method yet. Please remember that if you have a balance available from your Upwork earnings, you can use it to pay for your membership as long as you also have a primary billing method on file. If your balance is not enough to cover the cost, we’ll charge your primary billing method. If you remove your billing method, your membership plan will be canceled (you can always re-add it).

Feel free to visit this help article for acceptable billing methods that you can use in upgrading your membership plan or purchasing Connects.

~ Arjay
Upwork
natalia_flores
Community Member

Hi all,

I have been trying to buy connects for a long time on different ocasions however Upwork always give me an error message.

I've tried with different cards, with different paypal accounts, and on different browsers and it is still not possible.

I get the message saying the billing address is not correct or that paypal is not verified, which none are true.

I cannot find any way to contact Upwork to figure this out so I'm trying through here. I have really tried so many times it is exhausting, can someone please point me towards the right direction to get this fixed?

Thanks

Hi Natalia,

In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Could you please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline? Once you've confirmed that everything is okay on their end, please retry the transaction again.

Also, In order to use PayPal as your billing method, you must have a verified, active PayPal account in good standing. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, go here.

You can also learn more about verified PayPal accounts here. If you're having trouble activating or verifying your PayPal account, please contact PayPal for help. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
48dc859d
Community Member

I tried to attach to my debitcard in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue?

Hi Chronicle,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble adding your billing method. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Could you please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline? Once you've confirmed that everything is okay on their end, please retry the transaction again.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hi. I am getting an error on the page where you purchase connects. A screenshot of the error is attached. I have tried a few times but getting the same error. 

Would appreciate support regarding this issue. 

Thanks,

Best,
Usama

2b4f84c5
Community Member

I was trying to bus connects but continuously sending mail from by bank side as system failure... How to overcome this

Hi Chennuri,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble using your billing method to buy Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Could you please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline? Once you've confirmed that everything is okay on their end, please retry the transaction again.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths