🐈
» Forums » Support » Facing Issue in Buying Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,061 REPLIES 1,061
4e9dcdbd
Community Member

Whenever I am trying to attach my mastercard it shows that use another billing method or contact your card issuer. Whereas, I last time bought connects by the same card.

Hi Qasim,

This is likely happening because the bank is declining the transaction. Kindly reach out to the bank that issued your card to request more information on why the transaction was declined. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
48383e8d
Community Member

I have been trying to buy connects using my paypal as billing method. PayPal is working fine but I'm still facing issues

Upwork asked me to add alternative payment or try again later.

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Generally, your payment method fails when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Could you please try to contact Paypal and let them know about this issue? Once its fixed on their end, kindly try the transaction again. If the issue persists, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the method you use is suitable for international
payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

ravian5
Community Member

I'm trying to buy plus Membership but web consistently showing unable to add card i also tried 2 different cards and these card also working on other sites kindly help me out

Hi Shakir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Generally, your payment method fails when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank.

Kindly reach out to the bank that issued your card to request more information on why the transaction was declined. 

~ AJ
Upwork
ravian5
Community Member

Hi Annie,

I'm unable to verify my account i'm uploading my Govt ID But it's buffering all the times. I also atteched the SS of My issue kindly solve my issue i have tried 2, 3 time but nothing change always stuck at the same place.WhatsApp Image 2022-07-19 at 9.58.00 PM.jpeg

Hi Shakir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a3085bfa
Community Member

My connects balance is over. Kindly help me to add another 10 connects. I'm unable to enter a payment method.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pabasara, 

To purchase Connects, go to Settings > Membership & Connects and click on the green 'Add More Connects' button. Select the amount to buy from there and click on the 'Buy Connects' button. Please note that if you have sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, the charge will be applied to your Upwork balance. If not, the full amount will be charged to your primary billing method. You can check out this help article for more information.

If you are having issues adding a billing method to your Upwork account to purchase Connects, please share more information so our team can look into it further.

~ Avery
Upwork
a3085bfa
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I'm unable to enter card details

Hi Pabasara, 

Thank you for responding. Could you please try clearing your cache and browsing history? Also, please try entering the card number first. Please let us know if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork
mahesh-singla
Community Member

Issue - Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again. while adding an SBI Credit Card.

Hi Mahesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try to contact your card-issuing bank and ask them to allow international transactions? Also, ask them to remove any blocks that may hinder your usage of the card for Upwork transactions. If the issue persists after they've checked everything on their end, please let us know so we can further assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork

International transactions are already active and no block is there on the cards.

I have tried to State bank of India, credit cards

Hi Mahesh,

Thank you for following up. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

hello, I'm a new freelancer for about 2 months. I have purchased connect with my card once but It has not been possible to purchase connect since last week. I keep getting an error, message that payment could not be processed. please i need help as soon as possible. 

Hi Peter,

I can see that you were recently able to add Connects to your account. Don't hesitate to let us know if you still require assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
saroj_rajput
Community Member

What to do? Please help as soon as possible.

I face the same issue. Please help to resolve it as I need to buy connects to find clients. I urgently need to get this problem solved.

Hi Saroj, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and it looks like your transaction was rejected by your bank. You may contact your card-issuing bank and ask them about why it was rejected, ask them to allow international transactions, and to remove any restrictions that might be hindering this transaction. Alternatively, if you have other payment methods, you can try using them instead.

~ AJ
Upwork
johnkamau92
Community Member

Hello,

My name is John and I have bought connects via my card but the connects aren't reflecting on my account. 

Please assist.

John.

~Andrea
Upwork
222964d0
Community Member

Hello, I am tryng to buy connect and it show me Please select the "Buy Connects" button to continue this error. When i enter otp on my bank site to make payment it show me error. I am using visa card and also try to make payment with paypal but no sucess. International payment is already enabled on my card. I also tried solutions liike clearing cache, chanding browser. Help me with this issue.

Thank you

Hi Akshit,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
airevaj
Community Member

Hey guys,

Hope you all are doing well. I am here with an issue that I have been facing for a long time now. It seems to me that there is problem with my MasterCard or idk what, I contacted both Upwork team and The bank, both of them says that the problem is not at their end and that I should contact The Bank or The Merchant. I have also dropped a ticket for the very same problem on Upwork support but no reply until now. This is turning out to be big problem for me as I am out of connects and need to submit proposals to my preferred jobs. Can anyone please help me how can I resolve this issue? I am unable to detect the issue. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Javeria 

Hi Javeria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Since you have opened a support ticket regarding this issue, I sent a follow-up to our team to reach out to you on the same support ticket. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread. Otherwise, I would recommend avoiding sending follow-ups on the same ticket thread because it goes back to the end of the queue every time a new message is added.

You can go to this page to access your tickets.

~ AJ
Upwork
khan_mazil
Community Member

Hi everyone, I have been trying to buy connects on my upwork profile and am unable to do so as they say that the payment is unsuccessful but my card still has the amount of money and when I try to change cards it tells me that the other card is associted with multiple accounts and has reached its limit. But the card is not used in any other account. What is the problem here. Can someone guide me what the problem is? Thanks

Hi Mazil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, I have contacted them last thursday and still have not yet found any support

Hi Mazil,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
222964d0
Community Member

I asked them about this and they said everything is fine from their side. Can you assist me furthur what to do ? i tried paypal also but no success.

selimcanar
Community Member

I am an Albanian Freelancer. I would like to buy some connect for several days.

But I constantly face the following message:
"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method" and retry again later.

I had connected the Paypal account as a payment method. And the account has some funds ($90+)

But whenever try to buy connects, I see the same error screen.

Could anyone help me?

Hi Vilson,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
eb57589e
Community Member

Hello. Why I can't buy connects if I have money in my UpWork account and have money in card added to Up Work as a billing method? I cleared cookies and it didn't help

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kateryna,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
nobedoza
Community Member

Hi guys,

I really need help, I can be able to buy connects using my bank infos before and its not working now. Any advice will help.

Thanks,  

Hi Noemy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with purchasing Connects. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths