🐈
» Forums » Support » Fake client having suspended accounts
Page options
mansoornano
Community Member

Fake client having suspended accounts

There is this client from Lithuania, I don't even know his real name now. I stated working for him probably during June'22 and the first time his account got suspended he told me to keep working and he will pay all the money.

At one point his account got de-suspended and he started telling me that I didn't do anything and the work I did is not acceptable, even tho everything was working fine with evidence.

And then he hired someone else, idk how. But I believe his account again got suspended and the other freelancer stopped working for him so he hired me again.

This time he told me that he purchased the same business from the other client and offered me a good hourly rate.

Now, I have done the work, fixed bugs and stuff and hence again, his account is suspended and I still didn't get paid, I don't even know if he has funded it.

Ironically, he is reaching me out with another account and a different name, from the USA with unverified payment method. There is the fake account to block before he scam someone else.

Can someone please check if he has paid for the previous timesheet and manual hours? 

I have been trying to reach upwork support privately, but I didn't get how. So if someone can help me here, I would be grateful.

P.s. I only got paid once for the hourly timesheet, he never paid for the manual hours while his account was suspended, I understand the policy now and don't work if the account is suspended.

Regards,

Mansoor

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mian, 

I understand that the team reached out to you last September about a client whose account was suspended, thus ending your contract. I'm not sure if it's the same client you're referring to, but when a contract is paused, there is likely an issue with your client's account. We highly recommend stopping work on the contract to avoid not being paid for work. You may read more about Upwork Payment Protection here. 

You can check if your timesheet and manual hours were paid by checking your Transaction History on the Reports tab on your account. You can also share your Contract ID so our team can look into this for you.

~ Avery
Upwork
mansoornano
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thank you for getting back. Apologies for replying late, I had missed the email of your reply.

Yes, it is the same client, and have used 3 different identities to reach me, and now have made a new identity (already flagged the job post). The second time he approached with a different name, he explained that he had purchased the company from the previous client and that he was looking for someone like me.

I have seen the transaction history and the amount is in pending, but also under review (in overview), so I'm not sure what that means.

Here is my contract id: 31612625, if someone can check it would be great help.

Regards,

Mansoor

Hi  Mian,

Thank you for reaching out. For manual hours, please know that they are not covered by Upwork Payment Protection. When a client account gets suspended, your timesheet would be reviewed so we can check which logged hours can be covered so Upwork can step in and pay you since the client's payment failed.

In those cases, you can ask the client to issue a bonus payment should they approve your logged manual hours.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, thank you for responding.

I have already been paid for the manual hours that I put in the first week.
I am refering to the second week where I only used desktop time tracking and there were no manual hours.

My question is simple. Did he pay for the second week of desktop time tracking or not? Because his account got suspended on Saturday of that week. And he stopped responding to the messages.

I also mentioned in my previous reply "I have seen the transaction history and the amount is in pending, but also under review (in overview), so I'm not sure what that means."

Hope I cleared my intent.

Thank you
~Mansoor

Hi Mian Mansoor,

I can see an invoice for the week of 03- October to 09- October. You can validate this on your Transaction History page which should reflect on your account in the Date Section here. You may want to check this help article to be more acquainted with how to get paid for Hourly Contracts. Also this article for more details. I hope this clarifies. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths