🐈
» Forums » Support » Fraud on behalf of the client and my loss
Page options
salahuddinssa
Community Member

Fraud on behalf of the client and my loss

On July 2022 I was given separate projects from three accounts. The client assigned me photo editing tasks. I completed the work within the stipulated time and from there the payment was released.

After that he referred me to an app that there was something to be done. It was the Slack app. There clients said that you have to keep 20 or 30 percent of the payment made and return the rest to us or we will charge you back. Considering the circumstances, I returned their payment to them. The 30% they gave me was also enough for me.

Then when the project was completely finished, the client disappeared from both Slack and Upwork. And after a few days I also received a chargeback message. At that time $320 went from my account to a client's account.

I had to bear this shock but after that I received two more chargebacks in quick succession. Since then I have been eating the head of the upwork management that the client has cheated me. While according to the rules of Upwork this matter can be dealt with these clients only. I currently have a chargeback of about $700.

I am asking you all for help. You may not know that with us, 700 dollars makes 189,420 rupees. This is a huge amount for us and poor freelancers like us can run our house for 3 months with this amount. At this time, I and my children are in a very difficult situation. I have 80 dollars in my account which makes more than twenty thousand rupees but I can't withdraw it because there is a chargeback.

Perhaps you have understood my problem from the above lines. If you can help me in this regard, it would be great. I will provide any proof required.

Thank you all so much for your time

Kind regards

Salah Uddin

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Salah,

I am sorry for the late response. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths