🐈
» Forums » Support » Freelance plus subscription cancellation and ...
Page options
aroradishant
Community Member

Freelance plus subscription cancellation and refund

My freelance plus subscription has been auto renewed. I don't want the subscription. I want to cancel it and initiate the refund process. But to my surprise, there's no way to contact upwork's coustomer support. Is there any way upwork's support can be reached? Is this the right channel to raise a request?
68 REPLIES 68

Hi Sultan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
hady_awayda
Community Member

Hi, I was billed a couple of days ago and would like a refund too as I am no longer using upwork. I stopped using it two months ago, and I was billed for the last two months without even using the platform. Can I be refunded for the last two months or at least the last month? Thanks!

Hi Hady,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
12c5d977
Community Member

Hello Joanne Marie,
My freelance plus subscription has been auto renewed. I don't want the subscription. I want to cancel it and initiate the refund process. But to my surprise, there's no way to contact upwork's coustomer support. Is there any way upwork's support can be reached? Is this the right channel to raise a request?

Hi Marocico,

Arjay here stepping in for Joanne Marie. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2fe1d5ae
Community Member

Hi there,

i have a problem as i got billed as a freelancer plus member twice without my permission while im very sure that i disabled any auto renewal box in the first time, im even un active on upwork if you checked my activity and login, i discovered this morning while checking the upwork mail for the first time in a while that i got billed for april and june automatically without any permession so i need to refund those billings and desperatly cant reach real human support.

Hi Hazem,

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. I understand how important it is to have control over your account and billing. We would be happy to help you with this issue.

I have shared your concern with the relevant team and one of our team members will reach out to you soon to investigate this further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cmrg91
Community Member

Hello everyone, as many in this thread, I had my Freelance Plus subscription auto-renewed.
Already canceled for the next month, but I really didn't want it for this month to happen, and I want to initiate the refund process, as other state is hard to get a hold on Upwork customer support, would be possible to have someone to reach me?

Thank you

cmrg91
Community Member

Any reason why my request was skip over?

Hi Carlos, We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
36e02291
Community Member

My freelance plus subscription has been auto renewed. I don't want the subscription. I want to cancel it and initiate the refund process. But to my surprise, there's no way to contact upwork's coustomer support. please provide me my refund asap

Hi Dimple,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will follow up with you via a support ticket as soon as possible. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b2837257
Community Member

I have been charged  $14.99 for Membership fee (Subscription Renewal Charges) and I never knew that upwork would automatically take payment.

Ref ID:

I don't need to renew my paid subscription so if you could assist me to unsubscribe and please issue me a refund I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris Hampson

Hi Christopher,

I can see that you've already raised a ticket regarding your concern; please allow 24-48 hours for the Customer Support team to contact you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

ooohhh there is an Upwork membership fee applicable I did not know?
2369eada
Community Member

Hi There,

I have been charged  $14.99 for Membership fee (Subscription Renewal Charges).
Ref id you can check in my payments!

I never know that upwork will automatically take payment from my card.
And I never wanted to renew my subscription.

I don't want to get anymore connects.
And I don't want renewal of subscription.

I would request upwork team to refund me the $14.99 amount that has been taken from my bank.
Also they can take the connects from my account.
As I don;t want them.

Also I don't want any Paid subscription in future.
Please unsubscribe me & issue me refund on urgent base.

Thanks
Kings regards!

Hi Bayram,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
db6b0228
Community Member

I was trying to cancel my membership 2 days before the automatic billing, but the website wouldn't let me. Not sure the exact words, but there was a message stating it's in the process of renewing membership, but it wouldn't let me click on the cancel button. I need a refund for the $14.99, cuz won't be using Upwork anymore.  I can't get a hold of LIVE SUPPORT, so hopefully someone can help me here.

f8a86466
Community Member

My freelance plus subscription has been auto renewed. I don't want the subscription. I want to cancel it and initiate the refund process. But to my surprise, there's no way to contact upwork's coustomer support. Is there any way upwork's support can be reached? Is this the right channel to raise a request? When I go my requests there is no option to create a ticket for refund. no cstomer support email, terrible service.

Please cancel my plus membershil, for which I was billed 30 minutes back. and issue a refund.

Hi Shreyas,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie,

I don't understand.  Everyone on this thread has gotten a Moderator reply on their message the same day except me.  I posted my comment on Oct 12 and have been waiting for someone to escalate my community post to a support ticket.  Can you please help.  If you look below, you can see me message, which is the same a majority of members here.  Thanks,

Jomel

Hi Jomel,

We saw your post in the community and immediately converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. We sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

For future reference, A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Help and Support page. Thank you!

812dd08c_0-1698279616748.png

~ Arjay
Upwork
mrmixmitch
Community Member

It's ridiculous that I've had to come to this thread to request a refund. There should be a standard process for this by now considering how many people are here doing the same thing.

I was unwell when it auto-renewed and I'd like a refund on my last bill as I no longer use UpWork.

Thank you

Hi Ryan,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you.

Hello, Luiggi R,

I want to know if it is possible for me to cancel my Upwork plan - Freelancer Plus and get a refund?
My name is Oleg Svet and yesterday I mistakenly purchased Freelancer Plus while actually I wanted to purchase Agency Plus for my agency.

Is it possible for you to help me cancel this plan and get a refund so this time I could make a proper purchase of the Agency Plus plan.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Oleg
c7de7f94
Community Member

zeno_art
Community Member

Hi upwork team, trust you’re doing well.

I just got charged $20 + Taxes for a plus subscription although I thought that had been canceled.
I don’t have need for the upwork freelancer plus services.
I would need to get a full refund. I haven’t used any of the connects or the plus benefits yet.

Thank you.

Hi Precious,

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our agents will contact you soon with more information about the charge you're referring to and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths