🐈
» Forums » Support » French VAT ID declined
Page options
f5e61154
Community Member

French VAT ID declined

Hello,

I'm facing an issue when giving the VAT number of my company.

The French VAT number is refused by the system and when i give the European version of the VAT number (without the FR at the beginning), i can validate but it's refused by Upwork.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Eduardo

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Eduardo,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
AndreaG

Hi Eduardo,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
f5e61154
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

The link to the support ticket is broken, could yo please give me the correct one?

Thanks

Hi Eduardo, 

I checked and it looks like you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Could you please check and let us know if you can access the link now? Additionally, you can access all your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e9c4a8c6
Community Member

I've got the same problem and I can't reach assistance. Thanks for you help.

Hi Basilio,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you as well. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f5db9c21
Community Member

Hi!

I've got the same problem with my Dutch VAT-id, it keeps getting declined. Hopefully you can help me.

Hi Gwenn,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you on this page to further assist you with your VAT ID concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f5e61154
Community Member

Hello Nicolas,

My issue was solved.

Thanks to everyone in Upwork!

dea3eaf7
Community Member

Hello i am in the same situation, i tried 4th times to validate my French VAT number on the platform (the VAT is valid on the VIES website) .

Hi Stanislas,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ferreirassarah
Community Member

My dutch VAT id was also rejected many times now. Could someone please help me?

Hi Sarah,

I see that a support ticket was recently raised for you regarding your concern. One of our agents has already contacted you with more information to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

I have the same problem, VAT is valid on the VIES website and still receiving "Unable to verify your Tax ID" error

Hi Julie,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
38a8909f
Community Member

please me too i need help ( see my post )

thanks

38a8909f
Community Member

Hello there, 

i am having problem adding my Greek VAT.

I am italian leaving in Greek ( legally of course ) and i have a valid VAT but is always refused.( even i fi putted my grrek address )

Tried to put my italan detials and refused the same with my Greek detials (AFM and address) 

please casn someone help?

thanks 

Antonio 

Hi Antonio,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sergiomz
Community Member

I have the exact same issue, please help.

Also, your chatbot is the least user-friendly help bot I have ever encountered and I recommend you input a way of contacting Customer Support without having to come public with one's query on the community - pretty sure this practice violates EU law.

Hi Sergio,

I am sorry for the inconvenience with contacting support. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

Additionally, I will share your feedback with our team for further review. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

I have the same feedback as Sergio about the chatbot, it kept telling me "to solve this problem, you need to open a ticket with the support :D", which is all fine and dandy when you actually provide a way to open a ticket. There is none.
I first tried to open a new community topic with my issue, never got any answer whatsoever even after notifying a moderator (topic here) and finally got my issue solved by answering on this current topic to obtain a support ticket.
Awful user experience and yeah not comfortable with the fact that I needed to expose my problem publicly.

doloczki_istvan
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue, would you please help raising a support ticket?

Many thanks,

I.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths