🐈
» Forums » Support » Good News for new freelancers.
Page options
naveelshehzad
Community Member

Good News for new freelancers.

Many new freelancers including me were facing difficulties in sending proposals due to the new feature of the ranking proposal at the top three ranks by using a maximum number of connects and it was also shown to the others. Finally, Upwork has removed that feature. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi All,

We just received an update from the team and they confirmed that the issue that affected the boosted proposal is now been fixed. Please let us know if you're still experiencing the same issue and we'll look further into that for you. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
thehamzaawan
Community Member

I am not able to see Live Boosted Proposal (VERY UNFAIR)

Secondly, I have over $200K earning on upwork and have sent great proposals, yet have not been able to get any response for my past 50 proposal because of the bidding WAR. This really is not great and should be reverted to how the system previously was.

This is a supper disappointment. I'm new to Upwork and have done well in the last three months, but I'm wondering if I can improve if these are the stats. I only receive the propsols because I spend everything I make on bidding. If I do not bid, I do not see any responses. I expected that if I worked hard enough, I could accomplish good, but after reading your experience, it doesn't seem realistic.

We should not be disappointed. I have registered a protest to an upwork agent and he assured me that they will look into it. I think this would be resolved soon as this is really hurting people. However, on the brighter side, I have acheived great success with upwork as I have worked with unbelievably great clients. It's just that it is unfair on their part and a really poor strategic team who have no idea why a person who is capable of doing a stable full-time job opts to work as a freelancer.

I have got this feature again.

Because Upwork never removed it! They will notify if they decide to do so.

Yes, it was a glitch in the system.

sofia2008
Community Member

Can you share the link to the announcement where you saw that?

When you will submit the proposal for any job, you will be able to get that.

When I send a proposal, I can still Boost the Proposal. So the Boosting feature was not removed by Upwork. When they modify major features, they make an announcement.

Respected Ma'am, You are right, We can still boost the proposal but the feature of seeing the top 3 outbids and how many connects they are using to rank their proposal on the top 3 places is removed. I am talking about that one.

The "feature" is still there; it has not been removed. I never use it. I don't get into bidding wars.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Not on the upwork that I use.

When you will submit the proposal for any job, you will be able to get that.

1b6f4b4c
Community Member

thanks alot its really amazing

399e6ca8
Community Member

Previously, I saw the first three places with rates. Today this option is disabled. Can this feature be turned back on?

photo_2022-10-05_17-04-23.jpg

This was in the beta testing phase and many freelancers have complained about it to Upwork. They have removed it today. Not sure about that Upwork will continue this feature or not.

Is this feature is shown to only those who got the subscription? 

Because I never see a such a window, please see the attached image, this is what I do see. 

Not sure about that but it is not showing on my end.

I have a subscription. As I understand it, not everyone with a subscription has this option available.

My friend also has a subscription and no option to view rates.

the_image_editor
Community Member

That's great news and thank you for sharing that 

ArjayM

Hi Naveel and valued Members,

Our team recently launched a test to increase transparency around bidding in Boosted Proposals to help you make a more informed decision around spending Connects. We haven't released any announcement about the removal of this feature so it should be working just fine on your end. Check out the product update about this test here and let us know your thoughts about this update in the comments below.

However, we want to take a closer look at your report. I have escalated this to the appropriate team for further review and we'll keep this thread posted whenever we receive a response from the team. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

I have got this feature again.

ArjayM

Hi All,

We just received an update from the team and they confirmed that the issue that affected the boosted proposal is now been fixed. Please let us know if you're still experiencing the same issue and we'll look further into that for you. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Still showing the Boosting feature

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths