🐈
» Forums » Support » Google signin to password-based signin
Page options
a120dfc3
Community Member

Google signin to password-based signin

Hi, whenever I try to change something in my account settings I get asked for my password but since I am using google signin I don't have a password to provide. 

I tried to setup password using forgot password but at the end it says 'Error, necessary information not found, restart the process'. 

I tried to disconnect google by going to, Account Settings > Connected Services, but still it asks for a password which I don't have.

I tried using the 'Contact chat bot', when I click 'No, I need more help', it just gives a list of resources and no method of contacting a human customer support member.

None of the above methods worked in switching from google signin to password based signin.

This whole thing has me very confused. I just wanted to change some settings but I have been going back and forth between articles and resources for the past couple of hours without finding anything helpful. How do I get setup an account password easily?

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Ahmad,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble changing your password. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths