🐈
» Forums » Support » Guidelines for profile names
Page options
028207eb
Community Member

Guidelines for profile names

hello fam, I'm new here, so today, as I was researching, withdrawal,  payment, and billing I discovered that there is an identity, verification process, to my late knowledge,  I flaunted some guidelines that are

1. "Use a name that you go by in real life" Well I did not, because I had no idea, immediately I read the guidelines, I requested a name change, 

2. "The name you use should be what you use to represent yourself in real life", I already requested to change it to this

3. "Do not use a company name or a name that describes your work instead of who you are'  sadly due to my ignorance, this was exactly what I did, I am willing to make amends and give the right information so that the name that gets verified, will match the name on my payment account.

I am putting all these so there can be evidence that I did not intend to flaunt the law, and I am willing to make amends, so as there is no discrepancy between, my legal identity during my verification process and my profile.

3 REPLIES 3
3dd21a5a
Community Member

Complete all the courses in Upwork Academy Learning Paths and you'll understand everything clearly. https://community.upwork.com/t5/Learning-Paths/ct-p/LearningPaths

028207eb
Community Member

thank you, I'll do just that, but my name request was denied.

759e32fa

Hi there,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths