🐈
» Forums » Support » [HELP] ICICI Bank IFSC Code not available on ...
Page options
suraj1102
Community Member

[HELP] ICICI Bank IFSC Code not available on Upwork

I'm trying to add my ICICI bank to Upwork but Upwork doesn't identify my bank through IFSC Code. 
I tried to add an address but the address field is too short to add the complete address. 

I've been trying to reach support but the Get Help button was grayed out. 

The missing IFSC code: ICIC0007392

Kindly, help! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All,

I am writing to you to let you know that our team was able to resolve the issue related to ICICI Bank Code. Could you please try to re-add your payment information?

Update: since the issue has been resolved, we will be closing this thread.

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

121 REPLIES 121

yes, and you will not get paid to icici bank until this issue is solved from the Upwork side. and whenever you try to edit the payment method, your icici bank details will automatically get deleted by Upwork due to this issue.

After the failed message, did the funds immediately return to Upwork account? 

sushma_rani
Community Member

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
SWIFT code is OFAC restricted. MOP is deleted. New disbursement preferred UPM is Optional.empty.

When I tried to update Payment method again:
Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Upwork is not accepting my IFSC code of ICICI Bank

praveen_dev_
Community Member

I am having the same OFAC issue as well with ICICI.

Although i was able to add IDFC first bank and paypal. Guess i will find out whether that works in 3 days! 

easykumarrahul
Community Member

HI

I am also getting same problem for ICICI bank in India

I m not able to getting paid, due to payment method issue, earlier it was all ok, i have received payment but now when i m adding bank details it will shows an message like " Due to US Government regulations this payment method can not be added."

Also My bank swift code and country is not in list of OFAC restricted.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi

I am a freelancer from India working on upwork for several years. I regurlay receive payments from my clients through local bank transfer method. This method was working fine till last week.

Today I receive error that .

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
SWIFT code ICIC000**** is OFAC restricted. MOP #15918168 is deleted. New disbursement preferred UPM is Optional.empty.
As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

I called my bank and they said the error is about SWIFT code but the error message contains IFSC code. They asked me to update swift code in your system but unfortunately there is no place to enter SWIFT code in payment method. 

Please help 

Yup, though not sure when the issue will get solved.
ICICI bank account use to work right earlier ?

I keep getting "Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Please add a payment method that complies with US legal requirements." error.
While adding a bank account of ICICI bank.

Yeah it seems everyone in India getting same error. Lets wait for update from support team

743b2cf9
Community Member

I had filled all the information correctly still not able to add it.
On the final page when I click next it says it should comply with US regulations. (i.e Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Please add a payment method that complies with US legal requirements.)
But I am a non-US person.
Not sure how to fix that issue?
Any thoughts on this?

I keep getting "Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Please add a payment method that complies with US legal requirements." error.

4af0590f
Community Member

Facing same issue 

Hi 

Please note today I got the message from the upwork that my account IFSC code is OFAC restricted. which is an India account. i have already received money from the same account for the last 1 Year.

Now suddenly my account is rejected by Upwork, why did this happen, No one update me before doing that.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vineet and Balaji,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to look into this issue and assist you accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7ef688ed
Community Member

Hello Bonjan ,

I am also facing the same problem with my ICICI Bank account. I tried to withdraw the fund but it got rejected with the same message that the SWIFT code is OFAC restricted. My settings for "direct to local" have been deleted too and when I try to add back my account Upwork is displaying that my bank account is not found. Please help!

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

It is clear that there is a problem with ICICI Bank account, can anyone confirm what exactly happened to the funds? 

Was the payment withdrawal processed by Upwork? Did the funds return o Upwork immediately or are the funds stuck?

Funds were returned to Upwork account immediately.

a49ca8dd
Community Member

Hi my Local bank account (ICICI Bank) has been removed suddenly and now I am unable to add my bank account as it unable to find my bank using IFSC or complete addrss.

Please help ASAP

Hi Mithilesh,

This is something currently being looked into. I've merged your post to the general thread where this is being discussed so you can be aware of any updates as soon as we share them.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
montu4u2004
Community Member

I am on the same boat and I have raised this issue with Upwork since last 2 days but no update yet. what's the latest status?

a_navadiya
Community Member

I'm also having the same issue today.
My IFSC Code is ICIC0007246.

ca_niken
Community Member

I have been using ICICI bank account since more than one year suddenly i got mail from Upwokrs saying swift code ICIC0000295 is OFAC restircted and removed this bank which is not case as ICICI is listed on RBI website how suddenly India came under OFAC restriced country also adding to the misery i tried to add another banks as payment method all are being rejected by Upwork verification team saying beneficiaries name doesnot match with Bank account name...my funds are blocked in upworks pls help

I have been using ICICI bank account since more than one year suddenly i got mail from Upwokrs saying swift code ICIC0000295 is OFAC restircted and removed this bank which is not case as ICICI is listed on RBI website how suddenly India came under OFAC restriced country also adding to the misery i tried to add another banks as payment method all are being rejected by Upwork verification team saying beneficiaries name doesnot match with Bank account name...my funds are blocked in upworks pls help

ca_niken
Community Member

b9b188a0
Community Member

Hello UpworkTeam,

I'm also facing same issue. My last all payments paid in ICICI Bank. But my last payment was got failed. You can see here. Can you please tell me more about it ? 

b9b188a0_0-1649924540930.png

d8576c10
Community Member

Is the issue resolved? I have two issues with UpWork account and raised ticket 21 hours ago. Till it is not assigned to anyone. 

sudesh1456
Community Member

I got this email from upwork & searched on community that many indian freelancers facing same issue.

sudesh1456_0-1649928839054.png

Is this some technical issue from upwork or ICICI has been blocked by upwork? 

Thanks

diesel1256
Community Member

Hi, I am using upwork from last 4 years and everything was going good. Last wednesday my payment method got deleted by upwork and I am unable to add Indian local bank account. Upwork is not finding IFSC code for either ICICI, HDFC bank. I did try SBI IFSC and it is not finding that too. I tried adding the bank manually also but it is throwing error on that also. When I reached the support, I have been told that those bank are in sanctioned list and because of that it is not working. Can someone help me how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Abhishek

I am also having the same issue 

Hi @Upwork Team, I am not getting paid from upwork. I ICICI account was added and now its removed automatically and it's showing error when trying to get paid. "Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Please add a payment method that complies with US legal requirements." IFSC CODE ICIC0000306 I already get paid before in my account. Please solve the issues as soon as possible. Thank you

Hi Zafar,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please note that this is something currently being looked into. Once we have an update, it'll be shared on this same thread.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
prax0408
Community Member

Of late, working with Upwork has been terribly tough. They change their system without any warning, as result freelancers suffer. I have been transferring my funds to ICICI bank for ages, all of sudden today without any warning or notification, they decide to remove ICICI bank from my list.

easykumarrahul
Community Member

Is there any update or working solution yet ? 

buttar-surinder_
Community Member

Hello, there

I'm facing issue to add my ICICI Bank account in profile - It's rejected again and again
Before it was working very well without any problem.......

When, I tried to withdrawing my payment into local bank account. The payment got rejected, then i tried to add the bank account again but its shows the below message:

"Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Please add a payment method that complies with US legal requirements."

Can you please help me to resolve this issue -

I connected to support team yet not recieved any update -

Best Regards!
Surinder Singh

Can anyone from Upwork support update on this issue ?  

uttam_sah
Community Member

I'm facing same issue. Kindly help.

SWIFT code ICIC0003303 is OFAC restricted. MOP #6746572 is deleted. New disbursement preferred UPM is Optional.empty.

zafar75190
Community Member

Hi @Upwork Team,

I am not getting paid from upwork. My ICICI account was added and now its removed automatically and it's showing error when trying to get paid. "Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Please add a payment method that complies with US legal requirements." IFSC CODE ICIC0000306 I already get paid before in my account.

Please solve the issues as soon as possible or guide me.

Thank you

preshit_desai
Community Member

UPDATE: Now, I can add my ICICI bank account successfully. It gets activated instantly. No more waiting for 3 days. 

sudamlondhe
Community Member

Is this issue resolved?

I made a withdrawal today to my ICICI Bank account faced no problem during withdrawal. 

However, i have not received any payment processed confirmation or rejection messages yet. May have to wait till Monday and will update this thread accordingly!

easykumarrahul
Community Member

Looks this issue is resolved. Waiting for payment in bank now

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths