🐈
» Forums » Support » Having trouble tracking hours
Page options
7f688d8e
Community Member

Having trouble tracking hours

Hi, I'm working with a new client and we're having trouble figuring out how to add hours. The track time button returned an error and attempting to add time manually isn't working.

The client is getting frustrated adding the time is taking so long. I had thought it had to be done on their end which is why I was unable to do it on my end, but after looking into it, it appears I have to configure it on my end.

I can add time for today but not for the day when the work was done. We have agreed to the time worked in chat.  We're both confused as to how to get it entered into upwork's system.

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with the tracker app. Could you please try the steps shared in this help article on troubleshooting the time tracker app? If the issue persists, there is also a section in the help article that gives information on how you can report the problem to our team for further investigation. 

As for adding a manual time, it seems like you are referring to adding future time. Please note that this isn't possible. Manual time can be added to the current billing period before the Work Diary is locked, and only for intervals that you have not already logged time in. The default time settings for the desktop app and Work Diary is UTC. To log hours in your own time zone, select Mine from the dropdown time zone menu in your Work Diary.

~ Joanne
Upwork
7f688d8e
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to add time in the past. The client has agreed to the hours in chat. At the time the work was done I was not able to add the time accurately, it would allow me to log the time as being done on the next day, but not at the time when the work was actually done. If Upwork is ok with it we could add the correct amount of time, just at a different time and I think that would work, I'm just not sure about the legalities of it.

I don't use a supported OS for the app, and I'm not comfortable running an app on my machine. If that is a requirement for time tracking then Upwork is not a suitable platform for me.

I did not have these issues on my previous contract.

As to adding future time, that was possible when I originally went to add the time, it would allow me to add the time 2 days in the future. However, as I wanted the time to be added accurately, I did not do so.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths