🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Reactivate closed account
Page options
Chandrakant N Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615
Prasanna R Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I have sent you a PM

- Prasanna

Daniel G Community Member

Hi there!

I would like to use my deactivated agency account and would like to re-activate it again. how can I do that?

All the best

Daniel

Regards,
Daniel
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

Upon checking it looks like you already have another Agency open. Please know that you can only be the Agency Owner for one Agency.

~Andrea

Thank you Andrea.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Andrea, yes I had/have an agency but it's not active and I can not edit or use it. I closed it before with the Upwork team's live support to deactivate it because I didn't need it at that Time. Any option to chat with a live agent.

Thank you.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I'll ask the team to look into this for you. They'll be reaching out directly via support ticket.

~Andrea

It's all fixed now and I'm able to use it. Thank you again.

Regards,
Daniel
Sheila S Community Member

Hello,

I accidentally deleted my account in upwork. Please can you help me reactivate it again and close this one?

Hi Sheila,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Sheila S Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Did u receive my message?

Best regards,
Sheila

Hi Sheila,

I did, thank you for following up with me! I've already replied to your message directly and will continue to assist you there.

~Andrea
Gracjan A Community Member

Hello, 

I closed my account out of confusion and I would like to restore it. I will close this account once I get access to my original one.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Gracjan,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for your closed account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Ell E Community Member

Hello, i have same problem as you. I closed my account and would like to restore it too.. 

Ell E Community Member

Anyone can help me?..

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ell,

Hi Gracjan,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for your closed account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Gracjan A Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

I sent you the message so hopefully, we can resolve it ASAP. 

Thank You,

Gracjan

Joan J Community Member

Good day!

I feel Im going in circles here, pls assist.

Cant login with my current email saying "...is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked." I can't create a new profile under that email since it is already "in" the system and I cannot login because of that error.

So Im just using temporarily my wife's email here and the email I am currently using is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I will greatly appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

Makoto H Community Member

I am right there with you in this "circle". Ill be sure to share with you here if I find resolution to my own post before hand.

Best of luck!

Makoto

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Joan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I shared your concern with the Customer Support team and one of their members will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You may also access the ticket through the email you originally shared in your post. 

~ Luiggi

Hello,

I have an account that was migrated from another service years back and was never verified. I am now attempting to revive this account so that I may continue using my primary freelance email address associated with the account. However, when logging in, the account is noted to not exist. When attempting to create a new account with the same email address, the email address is noted to be in use. Please help.

Makoto

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Makoto,

Thank you for reaching out. Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'd be happy to look into it and assist you further.

~ Luiggi

Hi Luiggi. PM sent. Thanks for your support!

Ali Z Community Member

I deleted my client account, but it now I cannot access my freelancer account. When I try to log back in with my email, it says username not found but when I try to sign up with the same email it says accounts already exists.
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Ali,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member will be reaching out to you through a support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths