🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Not getting an answer for open ticket and...
Page options
TK L Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

in attempt to close my client account and keep the freelancer side of it, i closed my whole account! and i don't have a clue about how to get it back so please help me, thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using this fake account just to access this chat box.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi TK,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

704 REPLIES 704
Mykola A Community Member

Have ticket created? It is single way. Keep refreshing it. Answer may take weeks.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Shona,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Ahsan G Community Member

I had to makw another account because the main account I couldn't even post don't know why

I had spend week asking to verify my id..These staff respond to queries after 15 hours it's like going thru asylum immigration process

I'm unable to renew my Id In My country because I don't have past Documents available..

,They keep bombarded with the same botted message"Verify id" and then when ask for alternative documents I provided them with my Coe (College enrollment) which is acceptable then again they bombarded the same botted message "please verify "" well the whole staff is trolling I ask for I can verify they zenseak chat with video verification...Not a single support ..

Hi Ahsan,

Could you please share more information about the original account? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name and then on "Send a message."

~ AJ
Upwork
Shahroza W Community Member

Hello!

I accidentally closed my Upwork account, please kindly help me out to restore my account back. I want to reopen it back, Please help to solve this issue, I'll be very thankful to you. 

Now, I'm messaging from another account that was temporarily created to raise this issue, please HELP ME.

Best Regards

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Shahroza,

Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? We'll be happy to look into it.

~ Luiggi
Shahroza W Community Member

I DM you today with my problem and Registered email address. Please solve my issue and reopen my account. 

I'll be glad to your assistance.

Thanks

Matt K Community Member

I have an account associated with an email that I stopped receiving mail for, which I haven't been to fix the issue. Because of this I created another account with a different email and wasnt unable to get text verification because the number was associated with my old account. The old account is now suspended further complicating the issue. I haven't been able to get a response on this issue, and certainly I didn't intend to break any rules. I just really need someone to help me fix this issue. The best thing would be for me to delete my old account so that I could get text verification in my new account. Thank you!

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Matt,

Thank you for reaching out, and we certainly understand your concern about your accounts. However, please be aware that users can only have one account, and having several violates the Upwork TOS.

I can see that you've been coordinating with the team and raised a support ticket about your concerns. Please continue communicating with the team through an active ticket on this page so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Matt K Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I have not received any responses from the Upwork Support team. I simply need to remove my old account associated with the email, **Edited for Community Guidelines**. That's all. I was not aware that I was a breaking policy. The only reason I set up the other account is because the old account's email is not working. Can you please pass this message along to support? I need to get back online and look for work asap. Thank you!

Matt K Community Member

It looks like they already closed my ticket which was sent out Thursday before I could even respond! This is really poor customer service. Can you send me a new appeal? Thanks!

Matt K Community Member

HELLO????? An answer would be really great! Please send me a new appeal.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Matt,

The support ticket linked to your case is still active and the team has provided more information and further assistance on how to resolve the issue with your main account. Feel free to check for updates on your tickets on this page and coordinate with the team to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Mhmd S Community Member

I've lost access to the email that was linked to my old upwork account, and I'm not able to create a support ticket. Any help would be awesome

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mhmd,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Matt L Community Member

Hi there

I also have this issue. This is a new account as I was overseas when using the old one. I would really like to use that one. I have passport, driving license, etc. as proof of ID.

Thanks in advance

Hi Matt,

Could you please click on my name and then on "Send a message," and then send me the email address associated with the old account?

~ AJ
Upwork
Gabriel A Community Member

Hello. I would like support to reopen my account.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your message. Feel free to post your query here so that one of our moderators or community members can assist you. 

- Pradeep

Antonina K Community Member

Hello,

My account was suspended for the reasons unknown to me, in a period of time, when I wasn't even using Upwork.

I asked about it in a ticket, but wasn't getting a response to it for more than 10 days. As it was pretty urgent, I, out of despair decided to delete my account and reopen it, to draw attention of your team.

But now I can't reopen it. When I send a request to reopen it, I get a response, that this account was suspended... and I can file an appeal.

But if I try to file an appeal, it says, I can't do that, because my account was closed. 

Seems there is no way out of this circle.

So I created a new account and now using it to write this message. 

Hi Antonina,

Could you please share more information about the original account? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name and then on "Send a message."

~ AJ
Upwork
Antonina K Community Member

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your response! 

This suspended and closed account runs under following email : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

And the username is: Nia Kovalevski

It's fine to me to share this Informationen here.

Hi Antonina,

I shared your request with our team. They will respond to your support ticket on your old account soon. Please check your email or access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Michael G Community Member

Hello,

I had to create a new account with a different email to even be able to post this. However, here is my issue:

- When I try to signup with Google Auth or my email, Upwork tells me there is already an account associated with that email

- When I try to login or reset my password with that same email, Upwork tells me there is no account associated with that email

Thus, I can both not login or signup using my main email. I have tried using the Chatbot, 100% unhelpful. I have tried to send in requests to reset the password, but have not heard back.

How do I resolve this?

Thank you.

Hi Michael,

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths