b7a6f146
Community Member

How to Delete Account

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arya, 

If you'd like to close your account, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page

complete and close any active contracts and don't have any available or pending balance.Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account. If you need to use your Upwork account again in the future, you can reach out to us through our different support channels, and we will assist you with reinstating your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

505 REPLIES 505
af271c2a
Community Member

Hi I want to close my profile but I'm unable to as I get this error message:

Thank you for using Upwork.

At this time we are unable to close your account. Please call our concierge team at 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, select option 3, and we will help you close your account.
Please note: For security purposes, you will not be able to change your username, or open a new account with the same email address.

All my jobs, proposals, etc. have been closed. Thanks!

Hey Victoria, agreed that your Profile is still online. Please follow the above instructions listed and call the Upwork number. Have a great day!

Hi Victoria,

I'm really sorry to hear that you wish to close your account and that you're having difficulties processing it. I have shared your report with the team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. Please allow them time to review your case and you should be getting an update on this page with your ticket once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bf94758c
Community Member

Hello. I need to close my account but there is one proposal in my account that cannot be withdrawn. It says" This job has been removed from Upwork, so we are no longer able to retrieve your proposal". Can u help me out?

Hi Ravindu,

Thank you for your message. Your account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4bae4223
Community Member

When I want to close my account I get the following message and when I see this message, I understand how I made the right decision to close the account.

At this time we are unable to close your account. Please call our concierge team at 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, select option 3, and we will help you close your account.
Please note: For security purposes, you will not be able to change your username, or open a new account with the same email address.

You don't even have such a right legally, but I don't have time to deal with this since I don't live in the USA. If you do not close an account without a phone, you should not open an account without a phone. Why do I have to call you, what a farce! 

What do i do now to close the account??

Hi Gurkan,

Thank you for your message. Your account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi! I want to delete my account please.

Hi Samonielly,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6faf61d6
Community Member

Can you please help me delete and close my account permanently.

Hi Srikanth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1300ab65
Community Member

I have no active contract and I want to close my account. I kept getting the message "Thank you for using Upwork.
At this time we are unable to close your account. Please call our concierge team at 1-866-xxx-xxxx, select option 3, and we will help you close your account." but I don't live in the US and I shouldn't have to make an international call just for this. Can anyone help?

Hi Mandy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In general, you only need to go here and click on "Close my account" in order to close your account. You can cehck this article for more information.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
2276aa87
Community Member

At this time we are unable to close your account. Please call our concierge team at 1-866-xxx-xxxx, select option 3, and we will help you close your account.

Hi Bereket,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket thread should you have further questions or concerns. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
02d49baf
Community Member

Need support to close my account. 

Hi MD Safique,

I'm sorry to learn that you want to close your account. I can see that you've been coordinating with one of our support team members about this concern and several support tickets have been raised here. This has been raised to the appropriate team for further review and please don't hesitate to update your ticket if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e8bbc52a
Community Member

While I'm trying to delete my account, I'm getting this weird message-

"At this time we are unable to close your account. Please call our concierge team at 1-866-xxx-xxxx, select option 3, and we will help you close your account."

Please help me to close my account.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067588-Close-My-Account

Follow this link! DO step by step everything and you can easily get rid of what you are facing

Hi Parmanand,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey, i have withdrawn all active proposals, but still not able to close my account. The ticket has been marked solved but the issue is still as before.

Hi Parmanand,

Your account has been closed as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a7b4a5a8
Community Member

Please delete my account.

Why do you make it so hard for users to delete their accounts? Why can't you just simply let your users decide? The subpage that should allow us to delete accounts doesn't work! Thanks

Just set your status to unavailable and stop using your account.

How would "deleting" your account benefit you?

Hi Oskar,

I'm sorry to learn that you wish to delete your account but we totally respect your decision. I have closed your account as you requested. Thank you for using Upwork! 

~ Arjay
Upwork
innesccc
Community Member

I want to close my account

Hi Innes,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
c15ade08
Community Member

"At this time we are unable to close your account. Please call our concierge team at **Edited for Community Guidelines**, select option 3, and we will help you close your account."

Please resolve this issue. i want to close my account ASAP

Hi Muhammad,

I see that your account is already closed now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e357faa7
Community Member

Can someone please help me with deleting my account?

I don't have an option under Contact info to delete my account.

Thank you,

Maria

Just wondering, why would you want to leave Upwork?

Hi Maria,

Thank you for reaching out. It should be on the lower right corner of the box under "Account." Could you please check again?

759e32fa_0-1674571754809.png

~ AJ
Upwork
385c3c10
Community Member

I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT

Hi Eslane,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like your account has been deleted already. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
c9a4cc8d
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Yaoyuan,

Are you trying to close your account? Please make sure you withdraw any active proposals and decline any active invites before you try closing your account. Let us know if you're still experiencing issues after that. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

I'd like to know that This proposal, which says "This job has been removed from Upwork, so we are no longer able to retrieve your proposal." How do I remove it from my active proposal list that I can't open and therefore can't withdraw

Hi Yaoyuan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4be04923
Community Member

Please help me delete my account. I tried to delete my account but getting the message to contact support team. Thank you

Hi Jagada,

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths