🐈
» Forums » Support » How to Identify Job Scammer?
Page options
75e16035
Community Member

How to Identify Job Scammer?

I'm new to Upwork. Of course, I was excited when the job I applied, for hired me. But I feel us about the job. How do I identify the job is a scam ? Their payment is Verified but no review at all. They asked me to contact their manager via Telegram. The pay they offer me is insane for just re-typing 50 pages of words to MSWords, 1 page for $50, IS THAT NORMAL (somebody tell me if the price is legit😅).

The job title is: 

Looking to 85 freelancers to join our website testing project, and no experience required!

When I clicked on my Active Proposal, the job was removed. I don't know. So should I do the job now or what?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
deea1991
Community Member

Hi! I have received the same offer today from them. The contract looks shaddy and for the amount of money That they pretend to pay, it's ridiculous to post the job offer on a platform and then to ask people to contact you on a diferent channel. I also dont trust them and I'm not going to translate those 40 Pages for 2000$ 😂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
spectralua
Community Member

"They asked  to contact their manager via Telegram" is enough to identify. Report scam and move forward.

deea1991
Community Member

Hi! I have received the same offer today from them. The contract looks shaddy and for the amount of money That they pretend to pay, it's ridiculous to post the job offer on a platform and then to ask people to contact you on a diferent channel. I also dont trust them and I'm not going to translate those 40 Pages for 2000$ 😂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths