🐈
» Forums » Support » I cannot upload a profile picture
Page options
40193eb1
Community Member

I cannot upload a profile picture

I don't get an error message but nothing happens when I do the upload.  On this screen I was able to upload a cover photo but nothing like that happens when I try to upload the same photo for my profile.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
40193eb1
Community Member

I was able to upload my photo by switching from Google to Microsoft Edge as my browser so nothing further is required.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LuiggiR

Hi Paul,

Please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px and no more than 4000 x 4000px. Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot, that your face is visible, and that the following requirements are met:
  • You are not wearing sunglasses in the photo
  • It is not a logo or clip-art
  • It is not a group photo
  • The picture was not digitally-altered
  • The maximum size is 5 MB
If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it, please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
40193eb1
Community Member

The photo I tried to upload meets all the requirements you mentioned except that it has been edited by a professional photographer using Photoshop.  Does that mean digitally altered? It's hard for me to believe that that is not true of most, if not all of the headshots I've seen on Upwork.

Hi Paul! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still unable to upload your profile photo. 

I have escalated your post to a support ticket where one of our agents can assist you further. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here.

Thank you for posting in the community!

~ Alyssa
40193eb1
Community Member

I was able to upload my photo by switching from Google to Microsoft Edge as my browser so nothing further is required.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths