🐈
» Forums » Support » I got this email: You've been selected to par...
Page options
meabira
Community Member

I got this email: You've been selected to participate in Upwork Special Token Event!

I have recieved this email today:
You've been selected to participate in Upwork Special Token Event!

I just wanna know that Is it for real or another way to do scam!?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Sarah,

I had to remove the screenshot you shared in your post, but I was able to see that the email address it came from is not an Upwork email address. I've forwarded this to the relevant team so they can further investigate it. Thank you for being cautious and reporting this.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
LuiggiR

Hi Sarah,

I had to remove the screenshot you shared in your post, but I was able to see that the email address it came from is not an Upwork email address. I've forwarded this to the relevant team so they can further investigate it. Thank you for being cautious and reporting this.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
meabira
Community Member

Thank you so much, Luiggi! I highly appreciate that you have forwarded it to the concerned department! My intention was good as I also noticed an unknown email id and I wanted to not only ensure my safety but I also wanted to save others from these kinds of scams! 

Thank you so much once again! Cheers!

evheniia
Community Member

I also have got the same message

Came here today to ask exactly the same questions (as it looks so like a scam!). Glad to know that my instincts were right!

erickow
Community Member

I got the email as well. I am also waiting for confirmation from the team. Thank you

Hello Ericko and Yevheniia,

Thanks for letting us know. Please be sure to delete the email as it's not coming from us. We'll be passing this information to the team working on this. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
hilmiarkan
Community Member

I received an email claiming that Upwork is launching a cryptocurrency token. However, I am certain that this is a scam for the following reasons:

1. The email was not sent from an Upwork email address.
  2. The link provided to claim the token directs to a Substack hyperlink.
  3. Upwork has not made any public announcements regarding the launch of a cryptocurrency token.

I am sharing this information with the Upwork community to ensure awareness, in case other freelancers have also received similar emails.

Yes that one was a fake. Please upvote this topic for more reach

unfortunately, I've opened the link, there's any danger on my passwords saved on my Chrome?
I have no token wallet but I opened the link on the Email 
thank you

I think its okay as long as you dont input/send/give access to any of your data, eg. password, crypto wallet access, accept any pop-ups, etc. But for your own safety, avoid clicking sketchy link in the future. The link is now has been taken down by substack anyway.

43a82dff
Community Member

I received it as well, I'm pretty sure it's a scam: 
Email from: 

Hi Cristel, 

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I shared your report with our team for further review. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
sunnyshah01
Community Member

I also got the same email. I am waiting for confirmation from the team. Thank you.
Note: Screenshot attached.

Hello Sunny,

Thanks for flagging this to us. Please be sure to delete the email as it's not coming from us. We'll be passing this information to the team working on this. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
infan8
Community Member

Hey so I also received the email and deleted it because it seemed sketchy. But does your team have any clue on how they even got our Emails or information? Or anyways to send out a mass email letting people know this is happening

448eac0c
Community Member

I have received the same E-mail twice in this week

sine-terry
Community Member

Just received one of these messages today as well.  Glad you guys already have it documented as a known scam and hoping nobody ends up falling for this/

315186e6
Community Member

Hey! I recently received an email that was telling me that the upwork team introduced a new cryptocurrency token designed to relieve freelancers from high commissions, Of which I think it is a potential scam. Please help more on this!

Hi Jonas,

I want to reiterate Luiggi's response on this thread that the email you received did not come from Upwork. This has been shared with the appropriate teams for further review, and rest assured that we've been working collaboratively to address this issue.

We highly advise our dear members not to access any link attached to the email and to delete the email itself immediately. We genuinely appreciate you reporting this and your cooperation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9bd48781
Community Member

I've got the new scam emails about the upwork's token, but unfortunately, I didn't pay attention and clicked the link and opened it, it took me to a token wallets page then I closed it. 
there will be any danger to me?
I have my work on this machine and also my online banks are registered on this chrome.

the email was similar to this
Meet the $UPW token, a revolutionary development known as the Token Event, designed to relieve freelancers from the burden of high commissions. Get ready for a game-changer that is poised to redefine the freelancing landscape on our platform.

Your personal drop bonus for your contribution to our service
1324.34 Upwork Tokens ($753,13)

Event Page - **Edited for community guidelines**
*The airdrop page will be closed in 24 hours

Hey osama e,

Since you mentioned you opened the link and mentioning you have all the financial accounts attached i sugges you do the follwowing steps to secure your account.

1. Make sure you turn 2 Step authentication

2. Go to (haveibeenpawned.com) and check if your email is in any data breach

3.Go to (myactivity.google.com) and there you can check all the recent activities performed.

so far what i have noticed is that Upwork emails always starts with *donotreply and those scam emails are not sent from upwork at all you can check the sender and also their email banner is grey. upwork always send with Green Banner

Hope this helps 

gfxproduction
Community Member

I recieved this emai which you can see attached, I am wondering if it is a scam, I believe it is a scame but just to be sure and alerte other freelancers . 

The email is : 

There are 24 hours left to claim your $UPW tokens as a reward for contributing to our service!

Dear freelancer,

Meet the $UPW token, a revolutionary development known as the Token Event, designed to relieve freelancers from the burden of high commissions. Get ready for a game-changer that is poised to redefine the freelancing landscape on our platform.

Your personal drop bonus for your contribution to our service
834,12 Upwork ($UPW) Tokens ($343,13)

Your contribution to our community is highly valued, and we are confident that the $UPW token will bring substantial benefits to all Upwork participants, including yourself.

Thank you for your continued trust and interest in Upwork. We take pride in constantly innovating and tailoring our platform to meet the evolving needs of our users.

Best regards,

Upwork - Together towards new horizons!

Hello Idris,

Thanks for reaching out. The email you received is not from Upwork. We highly advise that you do not access any link attached to the email and delete the email itself immediately. We'll be passing this information to the team working on this. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths