🐈
» Forums » Support » I need held support from upwork
Page options
alendiaz
Community Member

I need held support from upwork

I have a client who asked me to do work, gave him regular updates for feedback, he said the work is great but when it's time to pay he disappeared and is not replying. I have finished the work and I have screenshots in chat, please help.

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Alejandro,

I checked your account, but I couldn't locate an active contract. Please know that you must have an active contract before you start working on a contract. You can discuss this with your client and share this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
alendiaz
Community Member

yeah  but he won't give it, and deliberately watched the progress. I was informed you could contact him on my behalf or at least ban the guy for the verbal agreement with proof.  The messages I removed were the final project because he might take them withoutpaying.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Alejandro,

Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. Also, a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. As Joanne Marie mentioned, you must have an active contract before you start working on a contract. 

We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
alendiaz
Community Member

so should I flag it or will you? I read that Upwork may contact the client to see what is going on if they are busy

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths