🐈
» Forums » Support » Veil
Page options
c6c7a244
Community Member

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

I wear a veil so i didn't upload my picture on my profile, instead used a cartoon. Now that i know there is no way around it and i have to put my real picture, I'm trying to change the picture and i cant. I have sent upwork my verification request already with my ID and real picture. I'm scared of they will suspend me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Hala,

To complete your Upwork profile and start submitting proposals, you must upload a profile portrait photo. Profile photos must be an actual picture of you. This is important for both verifying your identity and connecting with potential clients. Check out this article for A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture.

If you would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, please: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

297 REPLIES 297

Hi There,

To complete your Upwork profile and start submitting proposals, you must upload a profile portrait photo. Profile photos must be an actual picture of you. This is important for both verifying your identity and connecting with potential clients.

However, If you would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, that can be requested and considered. We highly suggest you check this help article to learn more about essential items in building your profile and here for tips for a perfect profile picture. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
65526ea1
Community Member

Greetings,

I would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, as i’m Muslim and can't upload my picture as I cover my face for religious reasons.

What should i do?

Hi Ruba,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have added a religious exemption to your profile. You can try again and you should now be able to upload a profile photo that covers your face. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
d9565d7b
Community Member

>>

0cfae7bf
Community Member

Hello,

I cover my face using a face veil for religious reasons. Currently, my verification has been rejected and I'm being asked to submit it again. I find it distressing that my profile picture is not being approved, even though I have uploaded my ID card scan and taken the selfie check. Please fix my issue ASAP.

Thank you beforehand,

Mehnaz Fareed!

Hi Mehnaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
b2bb3253
Community Member

Hey, 

I have uploaded a picture in veil and need a religious exemption for it. what's the way around for that?

Hi Fatima,

We certainly understand your concern and thank you for reaching out to us here for assistance. I've added a religious exemption to your profile as requested. Looks like you're all set! Let us know if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b2bb3253
Community Member

Thank you so much!

2a99265c
Community Member

I want to update my Profile photo to start work but cant upload it because i am a Muslim girl who covers her face for public. Please allow me to continue with a veil photo. Thank You

f6ef693e
Community Member

Hey, so I cover my face due to religious beliefs and because of that I can't upload my picture. I wanted to know how should I complete my profile without it.

Kind regards 

3498d47d
Community Member

guide me on how could I upload my profile photo in the veil. because I want to work and I need it but due to religious reasons for the photo, it prevents me. Thanks in advance.

4192adb0
Community Member

Hi, I have a profile picture with veil for religious reasons but my profile is not being verified. Can this issuebe resolved?

Hi Yumna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have added a religious exemption to your profile. You can try again and you should now be able to upload a profile photo that covers your face. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
8b6a0161
Community Member

I have a problem with changing my profile picture. I am a muslMusliman and I wear a niqab (veil) to cover my face due to religious obligations. I have tried to upload my picture with niqab as my profile picture but Upwork did not let me change it. I have also sent a ticket to Get Support but have received no reply.

Today I saw :exclamation_mark:️After review, we have determined that your profile picture does not meet Upwork requirements. Update your photo.

Please Upwork help me to verify my profile with religious value

eff2a650
Community Member

Hello, I am new at this platform. I am creating my upwork profile but im unable to complete it because of the profile photo. I don't want to upload my full face photo and thereby need a religious exemption. please help me out. how can i put a photo with veil/niqb on my face?

Hi Fouzia,

Thank you for reaching out. I've applied the exemption to your account, and you should now be able to update your profile photo.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
eff2a650
Community Member

hello

I still cannot upload my profile picture. It shows that only images can be selcted.

Hi Fouzia,

I can confirm that Luiggi has already applied an exemption on your Upwork profile to upload a photo with a veil/niqab. Could you please try again after refreshing your page or clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e188c67f
Community Member

Hello. How do I get my profile verified without having to upload a picture revealing my face? I wear a veil for religious reasons and would like an examption.

Hi Amna,

Thanks for reaching out. An exemption has been applied to your account so you can upload your picture. Can you try uploading your picture again? Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9e28d61c
Community Member

Hi, I upload a picture on Upwork in a veil and also proceed with all steps to verify my account e.g. ID doc and actual face visualization yesterday but today I get an email to update my picture. I can't upload a picture of myself because of religious purposes. I also contacted the support but I only have left with one day for my verification. I don't want my account to be on hold. I would love it if someone could help me. Thanks.

Hi Seema,

Thanks for reaching out regarding your profile photo. An exemption has been applied to your account, so you can upload the photo you want. Can you try doing that again? Let us know if you face any issues.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9e28d61c
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, Thank you so much I get an email and also I can see the verification badge on my profile. Just wanted to ask that should I update my profile picture again? as I want to go with the previous one. As my ID was verified can I keep using the existing picture without changing it?

You can keep the profile picture you currently have, Seema. If you decide to change it again, you can do so as well.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9e28d61c
Community Member

Okay, Thank you for the support. I was really surprised about the quick response from the Upwork team and my issue was resolved within hours. Really glad to be a part of this platform.
-Seema

dc91dad5
Community Member

I am a muslim and i need to cover my face with veil. Please help me with this

Hi Shrabonit,

Thanks for reaching out regarding your profile photo. An exemption has been applied to your account, so you can upload the photo you want. Can you please try uploading your chosen photo now? Let us know if you face any issues.

~ AJ
Upwork
038c98cd
Community Member

Hi,

I can't verify my profile as I haven't uploaded my face pic due to religious reasons as I carry a face veil (niqab). Can I upload a foto with face veil on?

Hi Abroo,

Would you please try uploading your photo again now? An exemption has been applied to your profile, and you should be able to upload it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
038c98cd
Community Member

I have been able to do it, thanks a lot!!!

Jazakallah

bc5ffb8c
Community Member

As a Muslim girl I cant upload open face profile image or intro videos, can I wear hijab? 

I am very experienced in my job skills and I want to offer my services at upwork, I do have some clients , and I want to shift them at upwork.

Let me know , if Upwork can help.

Hi Maryam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try uploading your chosen photo now? Let us know if you face any issues.

~ AJ
Upwork
d130573c
Community Member

Hi I am Anoodh Shajahan. I have been trying to upload my profile picture bit its not happening. What should i do?

Hi Anoodh,

I checked your account and saw that you already uploaded a profile photo. Are you trying to change your profile photo? Did you see any error when you tried to upload your profile photo?

~ Joanne
Upwork
spacecarvers
Community Member

Please guide me how to upload my profile picture if i am wearing a veil due to religiuos reasons.

d3dec87a
Community Member

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to discuss a matter regarding the inclusion of my photo. For personal and religious reasons, I have chosen not to include my photo. I hope you can understand and respect my decision in this regard.

I appreciate your assistance and understanding on this matter.

Thank you for your attention.

Hi Mahra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try uploading your chosen photo now? Let us know if you face any issues.

~ AJ
Upwork

I am unable to upload any pictures. Is there an opportunity for me to work on upwork without including a photo?

Hi Mahra,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this. As a freelancer, it is necessary for you to have a profile picture, and it has to accurately represent who you are; it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design, an object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.)

Could you please share more about the issue you're experiencing when uploading a profile picture so we can assist you accordingly? In the meantime, you may want to check this help article for more details on choosing a good profile picture.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths