🐈
» Forums » Support » I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile pic...
Page options
c6c7a244
Community Member

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

I wear a veil so i didn't upload my picture on my profile, instead used a cartoon. Now that i know there is no way around it and i have to put my real picture, I'm trying to change the picture and i cant. I have sent upwork my verification request already with my ID and real picture. I'm scared of they will suspend me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Hala,

To complete your Upwork profile and start submitting proposals, you must upload a profile portrait photo. Profile photos must be an actual picture of you. This is important for both verifying your identity and connecting with potential clients. Check out this article for A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture.

If you would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, please: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

297 REPLIES 297
62d545df
Community Member

Hi andrea! 

I also want to upload a profile picture with a veil. But I am unable to do so.

Hi Saima,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try uploading your chosen photo now? Let us know if you face any issues.

~ AJ
Upwork

Please guide me how to upload my profile picture if i am wearing a veil due to religiuos reasons.

Hi Saima,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to upload your profile photo with veil. Could you please clarify if you need further assistance?

~ Nikola
Upwork
62d545df
Community Member

Is there any other problem i have to be face in future? For my profile
picture?

Hi Saima,

No, you should not face any issues related to your profile picture. However, If our team needs additional information they will reach out to you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
62d545df
Community Member

I dont wanna upload my picture on profile for being a muslim woman. please set my profile as a religious exemption .

e188e021
Community Member

Hi Avery! I am uncomfortable uploading a profile photo due to my religion. I need your team's assistance. I need a face covering on my profile photo. Looking forward to your reply.

- Farha

Hi Farha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try uploading your chosen photo now? Let us know if you face any issues.

~ AJ
Upwork

Can I upload my pic wearing a mask? Is it going to affect my client-reach rate? I don't want to reveal my face for religious reasons. Hope you understand. Looking forward to your reply.

Hi Annie! Can I use a pic in which I am wearing a mask? Due to religious obligations I do not want to reveal my full face. Hope you understand. I have verified my ID but I am worried about the profile picture.

Looking forward to your reply!

94e809fd
Community Member

Based on religious grounds I am not comfortable sharing it.

Hi Barakah,

You may upload a photo where your face is covered but still, a photo is required in order to complete your profile and not be subjected to any restrictions. 

I placed an exception on your account so you don't need to upload a photo that completely shows your face.

~ AJ
Upwork
khatune_jannat
Community Member

I already went through the verification process to verify my identity but now how do I upload my picture while keeping my veil.

Hi Khatune,

~ AJ
Upwork
6693774f
Community Member

Dear All.,

I am wearing veal and  want to update profile picture in veil/hijab due to religous obligation. So assest me also.

Thanks

Ghazala

fc62fdd8
Community Member

Hello there 

I'm new to upwork,

I am in the process of completing my bio ,

im in the last step where I need to upload my profile photo .

For religious purposes I wish to upload a picture of myself with a face veil,

is that accepted?

Hi Fathima,

We understand your concern and allow me to assist you with this. I've added an exemption to your account due to religious purposes. Kindly upload a profile picture with a veil, and we'll have that reviewed. Thank you for reaching out to us here in the community. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

I have been trying for long, then get to know that for veiled photographs special request has to be made. I request Upwork support to kindly allow me to upload my veiled photograph for religious reasons. Would be thankful

Hi Samar,

~ AJ
Upwork

Still unable to upload it, when I select the photo, it gives no option to
move forward except to close that window which means no uploading. I wonder
why that is!

Hi Samar,

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Please ensure the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px and no more than 4000 x 4000px. Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot, that your face is visible. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork
e4c65c05
Community Member

Hey, I am a Muslim woman who wears a veil. I have uploaded my profile picture with a veil, but Upwork is not verifying it.
Due to religious obligations, I can't upload my picture without a veil.
please help me in this regard

Hello Aqsa,

I see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your prompt response.

It has already been 48 hours. I haven't gotten any updates on my ticket yet. Could you kindly look into that?

Hi Aqsa,

We’re currently experiencing an unusually high volume of inquiries, causing delays in our response time. Nevertheless, we want you to know that your concerns and questions remain our top priority. We’re working hard to get back to you as soon as possible.

To help us provide the best possible service, we kindly ask that you refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This will enable our team to assist you more efficiently and get you the best possible outcome faster. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

~ AJ
Upwork
c19910b4
Community Member

Hope everyone is fine, I want to use my profile photo wearing burqa for religious reasons, and shortly after uploading the profile photo a warning is showing on my profile, however I did not use burqa photo to complete all the verification process including visual verification, hope to get permission soon.

Hello

In my opinion Upwork team want to interview in this case and then verify id 

Hi Nilufa,

I've applied this exemption to your account as per your request. Could you please try uploading your profile picture one more time?
~ Nikola
Upwork
c19910b4
Community Member

Thanks, I uploaded again, I have attached my picture here, Hope there will be no more problems.

Hearty Thanks Nikola

a8869822
Community Member

I've successfully completed my ID verification, and now I'd like to change my profile picture to one where I'm wearing a veil but couldn't do this. Please help me.

I received this email:

"Upwork

Update your profile picture

Hi Saba,
After review, we have determined that your profile photo does not meet Upwork requirements. You need to update your profile picture.

1. Log into your Upwork account.
2. Go to Find Work > Profile.
3. Click on your existing photo to edit it.

Your profile must meet the following requirements:

It must look like you.
It must be a headshot-style photo.

Sunglasses, other individuals, logos, or pictures of anything other than your face are not allowed.

Find out more about other photo tips. Until this is fixed, your profile and/or proposals may not be visible to some clients, and you may not be able to complete identity verification.

Update Profile Picture

Thanks for your time,
The Upwork Team"

Hi Saba,

We certainly understand your concern about your profile photo. I've added an exemption to your account. You can now try and upload a profile photo wearing a veil. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
4054936c
Community Member

"Due to religious obligations, I want to upload a profile picture with a veil. But I am unable to do so. How can I put my picture with a veil on Upwork?

Hi Saima,

I've applied an exemption to your account so you can upload your profile picture with a veil. Could you please try uploading your profile picture one more time?
~ Luiggi
Upwork
906e8430
Community Member

Hello, I have uploaded my upwork profile picture in a veil because I am Muslim so I use a veil, I don't want to show my face, now upwork demanded verification so I will use my if card and my Live Photo with upwork verification but the question is that upwork will verify my identity? because I didn't showed my face in a profile picture, I want to verify my identity with upwork profile picture in a veil but I will use my whole face in live verification process. 

Hi Iqra,

That's completely fine. While profile photos on Upwork must be an actual picture of you showing your full face, we do allow for certain exemptions, as in your case, for religious reasons. I've applied an exception to your account so you can use your profile photo with a veil.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
906e8430
Community Member

Thanks so much, so now I can verify my identity while using a profile picture in a veil. I will use my own complete face in live verifaction

Hello, 

I have uploaded a picture in a veil because I am Muslim then proceed the verifaction on upwork yesterday uploaded my is card and live visual verification now I received a message from upwork that my profile picture not matching with my is card upwork want to upload my picture that shows my face but I don't want to share my picture without veil. Help what to do?

Hi Iqra,

I can confirm that an exemption has been added to your profile photo, and now the team's reviewing your ID for verification. Please allow our team time, and you will get an update on the status of your ID verification once it's been thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
906e8430
Community Member

I have attached the screenshot upwork team have reviewed my verification and didn't verified it, upwork team still need to upload my full face picture on upwork. Kindly solve the problem

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths