🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Delayed Identity Verification
Page options
Roman B Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Yeasin,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Yeasin A Community Member

Yes I understand but unverified account status affected my proposals..clients can not trust profile that is without a badge

Abid P Community Member

hello, guys how are you?

actully I don't use Upwork much, but recently I used Upwork to get paid by direct contract from Germany everything was working fine I created a contract and  E-mailed it to the client he accepted my contract and payment request, but suddenly when payment was ready to withdraw, the error appeared at the top (Action required: Your account has been restricted until you complete Identity Verification.I have already completed the two-step verification process and have been waiting for a response from Upwork since Saturday but still no response.

Is there a way to get paid faster or return the payment to my client so I can use another method?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Abid,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Namkyo K Community Member

Hello.

My ID Verification taking too long. more than a week now. 

could you do it quickly? please

thanks!

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Namkyo,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now Verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified Badge on your profile a confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Sally D Community Member

Hello,

I have a Work Authorization Card, which permits me to work in the USA. I tried to upload the card to verify my ID but it did not work. I do not yet have the other forms of ID that they asked for. What can I do to verify my ID?

Hi Sally,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Linuka B Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I've provided my identity verification document 3 times but, it's showing an error. I've only 1 days remaining to verify my ID. What can I do to solve it?

It shows "We’re unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later."

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Linuka, 

I checked your account, and it looks like the documents you submitted are being reviewed. If you don't hear back within 48 to 72 hours, please don't hesitate to come back here so our team can assist you further. 

~ Avery

Hi Upwork,

I've provided my identity verification document 4 times but, it's showing an error. I've only few hours remaining to verify my ID. What can I do to solve it?

It shows "We’re unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later."

Please Help!!!

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Linuka,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Linuka,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Upwork,

I have been applying for the identity verification since it is available(23rd nov) for me.

But it is still reviewing. Now I only have a few more hours before my account get HOLD.

Please give me a solution.

Thank You

Keval D Community Member

Hello Communiy,

I don't get any Identity verification option in my settings area. Kindly help me to know how do i get myself verified on Upwork. 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Keval,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
Anastasiia T Community Member

Hello honorable Upwork team,

I'm from Ukraine and now living in Sweden.

Please review my profile.

A few days ago, I got my first job and finished it successfully.

So I'm doing verify my Identity. (ID)

I have Swedish Residence Permit Card. So I tried to verify with it, but something went wrong.

So I'm trying again. Can I do verify with the card?

Looking forward to hearing soon.

Thank you,

Anastasiia.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Anastasiia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Anastasiia T Community Member

Thank you very much, Nikola.

Mohammad M Community Member

Hello all,

I wanted to know if my account has been succefully verified. I haven't found any verification badge in my profile yet, but "Submit

Proposal" button in job offers has been enabled again! so I'm kinda confused.

Can you please help?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Mohammad,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now Verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Mohammad M Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I would like to thank you for your consideration. Actually, I have just tried to send a proposal for a job, but unfortunatly I have got a message sayying "Sorry, we were unable to save your application".

Could you please help me with this?

thanks a lot!

Hi Mohammad, 

Thank you for following up on this and we sincerely apologize if you're still having errors submitting proposals. I have shared your report with the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Bryan N Community Member

Hi Team,

I submitted whatever i was requested to have my Identity Verified but it's been almost a week and i have not been verified. Is thia really normal? Can someone please help to have this issue rectified?

Thanks

Hi Bryan,

Apologies for the delay as the team handling your case is currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. I have submitted a follow and one of the members will be reaching out via email with more details and assistance to resolve your case. Kindly expect the update in the next 24-48 hours. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths