🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
hassium-inks
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

Hello, I'm sat here losing my mind actually.

So I had issues with my Payoneer card and my account was disabled. But I did not remove it from my Upwork. Got a message 8 days ago from Upwork that I needed to reverify. I sent my digital NATIONAL ID on my phone to verify, it was rejected three times even though I explained several times. Used Friday and Monday to process a new one at the local government building in my city and got the official national identity slip I used to verify my account in the first place. It just got rejected again. WAS told it's a photocopy that a colored one is needed. On my life I have never seen a colored version of the official national identity slip in my country. Only colored thing I know we have is the identity card itself and that takes  months to process. HELP 

How will I get color when that's the official thing here and I actually also used it to register on Every single platform I've ever needed to reg my national identity on?

Dying...

Edit: The slip is issued by the NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION (NIMC), Nigeria.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Olatunde,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

655 REPLIES 655
mateokappa
Community Member

Hello, I have my account almost a year but recently I started being active. I am trying to make clients but they are asking me to verify my account which is not eligible yet. Will my account ever be eligible for verification since it's been so long ? 

6cf10bad
Community Member

How to make my account fully verified?

Hi Anthony Jay,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to Upwork Community. I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
raines-sarah
Community Member

I have submitted my ID for re-verification but it hasn't been reviewed/processed yet. The deadline is 04/20. Please help me check and let me know if there's anything else I need to do before the dealine. Thank you.

Hi Sarah,

I've submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling your case and they confirmed that your ID is now verified. You can now see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate the action taken on your account. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
0307c6bc
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

I am having an issue related to the ID verification and location verification. I am an Indian citizen but I live in Nepal. Thus, my government ID is an Indian passport. I wanted to ask what shall I provide as proof of my residential address in Nepal? Will the bank certificates work as a proof of the residential address? I uploaded a bank certificate as my residential address proof in the ID verification. It's already been 3 days , still my ID is not verified.

Can you please look into this isuue.

Thanks

Hi Priya,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
44512fae
Community Member

I'm doing identity verification, and I'm worried about my profile photo.

As you can see, it's not a photo of me..

I need to change profile photo for identity verification, but I can't since the process of identity verification is going on.

is there any way of changing photo?

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and I see that they have already responded to you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
c05de2a0
Community Member

Hi, I have recently started working on Upwork and got my first two jobs a few days ago. My ID verification process started, and I duly submitted my National Identity Card. However, it is taking too long and I receive a disclaimer daily telling me to idenitfy my account. I have been trying again and again but its not working. Tomorrrow is the last day before they put my account on hold. I need urgent help.

Regards,

Osama Alvi

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Osama,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing issues with your ID verification process. It's important to ensure that your identification documents are clear, valid, and meet Upwork's requirements. However, if you're still facing delays or issues, I suggest reaching out to Upwork's customer support team immediately through their contact page, explaining your situation and providing any necessary details. They should be able to assist you with resolving the issue as soon as possible.

However, sometimes it mostly takes 2-3 business days for the completion of verification.

Best of luck!

Hi Osama,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
fb675d73
Community Member

How to again verified my ID, I made mistake the first time. Could someone please help me?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Antea,

Rest assured that if there is any issue or need for clarification our team will reach out to you directly and assist you further. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

I am contacting you again in the hope that this time the same problem will be solved.

I don't know what the problem is and why can't your application verify my identity card (which I took a picture of in the best resolution where all the data is visible), as well as my passport. I tried to upload both documents and both documents were rejected. Before that, I followed your instructions chronologically. I really don't understand what the problem is and how long it will last, and why I have to contact you again so that you can enable the system so that I can upload my documents 10 times. All my documents are valid and can you explain to me what the problem is. The first time I made it clear to you that I accidentally made a mistake, but this time... PLEASE HELP!

Hi Antea,

I’m sorry but we won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. I would recommend adding these to the same ticket thread so that the team has the correct information to assist you more efficiently. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
7cba0c90
Community Member

Hello Upwork support team. Take my Greetings, I am an upcoming freelancer and I just did my first job.

I submitted my Identification card on 19/4/2023 yet my account is not verified. Please kindly look into it as it is taking too long.

Thanks for your time

Azeem Khan.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Azeem,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
bf934ed7
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team, 

I recently made an account and attempted to verify my ID--the verification failed and my account was placed "on hold". The support email gave no opportunity to re-upload my ID or contact support to undo the hold. I can understand that the verification can sometimes fail but I find that locking my account in this manner is rather extreme. 

How can I undo the hold on my account so I can continue developing my profile? 

Cheers, 

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out. I totally understand how you want this issue resolved you can start using your account. However, since you've already raised a ticket about your case, please allow our team time to review and you will surely be assisted on this page once done. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
54be63cd
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team , 

I am writing to follow up on my recent submission on 4/20/2023 21:15 of an updated document for my location verification. As today, 4/20/2023, is the last day for the verification process to be completed, I am writing to inquire if my document can still be processed before the deadline ?

Thank you very much

Hi Faris,

We totally understand how sensitive the time is for this review which is why you want this issue resolved immediately. I've escalated your concern to the appropriate team and you will be getting an update on the status of your ID review momentarily. The team will be in contact if there's still action that needs to be taken on your account. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

**Edited to Update Information**

I just received a response from the team and they confirmed that your ID is now completely verified. You can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
54be63cd
Community Member

Thank you very much Arjay , it's done thank you

7cba0c90
Community Member

It seems that Upwork team is making things difficult for Freelancers.
I submitted "aadhaar Card" ( which is National ID card, having more importance than Passport), it was not accepted.
I resubmitted different document, PAN( permanent Account Number) issued by Income Tax Department, it was also rejected.
I got this message from Upwork team today,
"We need another document to complete your identity verification. Acceptable ID Types are: Passport, National ID Card, Driver’s License and NBI Clearance (Philippines only). Remember, we do not accept voter IDs, tax IDs, student IDs, employee IDs, or library cards."
Passport = India is a developing country having more middle class people, eveyone does not apply for a passport here, unleass they are planning to go out of country.
National ID= I submitted you "Aadhaar Card" + "PAN Card", both are national ID cards, given to each citizen of India. But, it got rejected.
I need an answer to this before submitting any other document for verification.

Please Solve This Issue ASAP!

Hi Azeem,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hii Just Got a mail from upwork But the Secure link to re Submit ID is not working!

I am Attaching The Pics, Please Solve the Issue ASAP

Hii Just Got a mail from upwork But the Secure link to RE-Submit ID is not working!

I am Attaching The Pics Of The Issues.

My Identity Verification Got Rejected 4th Time Even i am submitting The Right Government issued id's with the given instructions

Please Solve the Issue ASAP

Thank You

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Azeem,

I can see that you were able to submit a ticket explaining this issue to the team. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
6640f8ad
Community Member

HI,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1-3 business day." note.

How long it will take?

Thankyou

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mubashir,

It looks like your submission has been reviewed today. Please refer to this support ticket for more information.

~Andrea
Upwork
6efa5857
Community Member

Hello!
I have been trying to add my documents for local Id verification but it is not getting accepted. I have added my visa extension document and my bank statement.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shikha,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
nenyakim27
Community Member

Hi upwork team

Please help , my work permit has been denied as proof of my location. Work permit is like an ID given by company to each foreign employee. Here in Thailand work ID is the work permit. I pass it to support to verify my location but got denied

. Now I email again , I sent my passport copy with all its  visa pages including the latest stamp visa issued by phuket Thailand immigration until March 2024, also my work permit all pages showing my name , address , and validity until April 2024 it's like a passbook.  In Thailand language.  They using their own government issued documentation here in Thai language so my work permit is in Thai. My latest bank statement in password protected PFD file, I have given my password to open my latest bank statement in support email. It's latest bank statement March to April this month.  My notification of resident certificate every 90 days i report my resident in phuket immigration. My house rental bill and certificate, My SSO social security card in Thai language, Certificate of registration of resident of my kid from Philippine embassy Bangkok that my kid was born here in phuket Thailand. My insurance copy from last year,  I sent lots to prove That my location patong phuket Thailand matches my profile,  what else do you want?  I hope this won't be denied again  as I need to work with peace of mind. 

Thank you 

Ms.kim 

Hi Kimberly,

~ AJ
Upwork
7321d689
Community Member

I got an email last weekend saying I needed to re-verify my ID. I uploaded my driver's license on Tuesday morning April 18 and it said it would take 1-3 days to verify. It's already been over 4 days and I haven't heard anything. On 4/24 my account will be put on hold. Why would Upwork cause a problem, when there is no need for this. When will they verify it? Based on the length of this thread, I can tell that Upwork is having issues with this. 

Hello Kevin,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and an agent is already assisting you. Kindly refer to your ticket for more information on your verification status.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ee65b136
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I am writing to request your assistance in verifying my Upwork account. As a new freelancer on the platform, I recently submitted all the necessary documents to verify my identity and start applying for jobs. I am excited to begin my career on Upwork and have already been awarded my first job, but I am now eagerly waiting for my account to be verified so that I can continue to grow my freelance business.

I kindly ask that you expedite the verification process for my account. I have submitted all the required documents, and I am available to provide any additional information or documents that may be needed to complete the verification process. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to facilitate this process.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

Samia

Dear Samia,

Congratulations on being awarded your first job on Upwork! I completely understand how important it is to have your account verified in a timely manner to continue growing your freelance business.

As a fellow freelancer, I suggest that you follow up with Upwork support team to expedite the verification process. You can reach out to them through the Upwork Help Center or by submitting a ticket to their support team.

Make sure to mention that you have already submitted all the required documents and are available to provide any additional information or documents if needed. The support team will do their best to assist you and keep you updated on the status of your account verification.

I wish you all the best on your freelance journey and hope that your account verification process is resolved soon.

Best regards,

Hello Samia,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I can set that the verification process has been already completed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kashifanzar
Community Member

Hi 

If upwork send me a notification for verification of account and i do not verified how much time upwork hold my account.

Will upwork suspend my account for do not completing verification after 2 to 3 months. 

The main issue is i do not verifying, I issued my CNIC and it take time for complete the process that's why I ask you to how long they will hold my account. 

Best regards 

Kashif anzar 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths