🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
hassium-inks
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

Hello, I'm sat here losing my mind actually.

So I had issues with my Payoneer card and my account was disabled. But I did not remove it from my Upwork. Got a message 8 days ago from Upwork that I needed to reverify. I sent my digital NATIONAL ID on my phone to verify, it was rejected three times even though I explained several times. Used Friday and Monday to process a new one at the local government building in my city and got the official national identity slip I used to verify my account in the first place. It just got rejected again. WAS told it's a photocopy that a colored one is needed. On my life I have never seen a colored version of the official national identity slip in my country. Only colored thing I know we have is the identity card itself and that takes  months to process. HELP 

How will I get color when that's the official thing here and I actually also used it to register on Every single platform I've ever needed to reg my national identity on?

Dying...

Edit: The slip is issued by the NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION (NIMC), Nigeria.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Olatunde,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

655 REPLIES 655

Hi! 

I have tried clearing my cookies anc cache, using different browsers, devices, and the app. Without fail I get told to verify my ID and I'm only getting an option for U.S. IDs. I'll upload a screenshot soon.

Hi Danielle,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having this error. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fa6ec2dc
Community Member

Just wondering why I haven't received the email for "id verification" since I registered to Upwork, 3 months ago. I've checked my spam folder from outlook although it wasn't there at all... The strange thing was..., I just received a "Welcome aboard" badge & a "Community member" badge just now... Although what I'm after most is this id verification option which doesn't appear on my email as well as the settings tab. Strange isn't it... Can anyone enlighten me if I'm  doing it wrong from the beginning 

Hi Rudolph,

Thank you for reaching out. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
c45b4d8e
Community Member

Hi Everyone, Please help me.

My Government I'd card having single name. Upwork not improving my I'd identity. How I can solve this issue?

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling your ID review and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
amin_shri
Community Member

Does upwork have any real  support people?  I have been trying to get ID verification, but I have a nickname on my profile that doesn't match my ID.  I can't change the name on profile, because the profile is locked until ID verification is complete!!  I can't get in touch with support about it, but I don't think there is any support.  lol.

Hi Shrikant,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
081acdb5
Community Member

I'm submitted my government ID also, But still now Id verification option not shown in My profile. When can i get the blue tick

Hi Dhinesh,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
dae5bac4
Community Member

I Don't have any ID .I am 19 Years old .I want submite my mom national id for my account verification. can do that or what should i do?

Please help me

You cannot verify your account with someone else's ID. The account has to be in your name, your ID, payment method in your name, and you do the work. Anything not matching is a violation of Upworks's Terms of Service and you account can be suspended.

Unfortunately, that's not an option here on upwork.

Using someone's else Id = impersonation which is a serious violation of Upwork's terms of use 

Julius Ijidola
jessmensa
Community Member

Hello I am having issues applying for projects as i get this message. 

Sorry, we were unable to save your application.

IDV verification needed

I put all the necessary information required to verify my identity

Any help ?? 

Hi Jesse,

I've checked and actually tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Your account has no restriction and it doesn't need further verification just yet. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jessmensa
Community Member

Hello, 

This is the issue i get, i have tried different browsers and incognito mode. I am new to upwork so is it that i cannot bid for certain projects? Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 09.14.56.png

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your message. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
081acdb5
Community Member

Okay! But still now I didn't get any job because My account not verified that the problem client not trust me,

please do some needful

Hi Dhinesh,

I understand your concern about not getting the trust of clients but please know that verification cannot be requested. It is still slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

It is also worth noting that clients can request to do the interview through zoom meetings via Upwork to verify that you are who you say you are from your profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
harisali7
Community Member

Hello!

I am new on Upwork. I added my father's Visa card for buying connects. Because I have a Payoneer account connected to the UpWork.  Payoneer does not give debit cards until there are transactions of 100$ through Payoneer.

After adding the account, I got a warning from Upwork, I attached the ss.

When I click on get started to verify ID, there is a noneditable field of name. I attached the ss.

I am worried about How to verify the ID. Because of this, I am not able to upload my ID.

Can you guys kindly give me the solutions on how to resolve the issue?

Regards

Harris

Hi Haris,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
775f37d1
Community Member

Hello there !
I am new to upwork. What do I need to do to verify my identity on upwork?
What to do to enable presence on upwork.
I have sent an offer to 5 customers but I have not received a response yet.
How do I find reliable clients on upwork job boards. Does payment have to be verified.
Please help me.

Hi Azizbek,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
sahilranalancer
Community Member

Today is 24-02-2023 by 25-02-2023 my account will be blocked for not verifying my ID. I have submitted my ID with my picture around 4 times but still it says pending verification. There is no mail for rejecting my application also when i contact them after re uploading my id they say to wait for 2-3 days. I am working with a client and my account will be suspended help, please.

Hi Sahil,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
90d34075
Community Member

Dear Team,

I've submitted my Government ID Proof and visual verification is completed. but the verification is pending from last 2 days. I already started working for my new client but my identity verification is still pending. I kindly request you to approve it within one day as this delay shouldn't make any impact on my current project.

Thank you so much in advance!

Suram,

Please click the "Get Support" button on the bottom right of the screen and let support know that you want to start work with a client and need help in getting your ID approved. Don't start working on the project until your ID is approved or you might be doing free work. Have a great day!

Dear William,

Thank you so much for your response. I'm not geting much help from "Get Support" button.

Can you please check with respective verification team and get it approved by today if possible. otherwise It will effect my new project deliverables for sure.

Hi Suram,

Please note that it can take up to 3 business days for the verification process to be completed. Kindly allow more time for the review to complete. The team will let you know if anything else is needed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ciello_marie
Community Member

Every time I am trying to verify my account and hit the identity verification link in the guidelines, this gives me this kind of error. Can someone from Upwork team help me with this concern I have? Thank you!

ciello_marie_1-1677267835677.png

ciello_marie_2-1677267858401.png

Hi Ciello,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
391df779
Community Member

I want to buy the connects so, because of the low balance of my own account I have entered my brother's card detail. After that, I got an error related to the identity verification of the account holder. The screenshot is attached. Kindly review my request and resolve this issue ASAP. Thanks!

Regards,

Muhammad Kamal Tahir

Hi Kamal,

Kindly complete the verification of the account holder as requested. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
391df779
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Actually up work asking for my brother's identification while the account is mine. Kindly Guide me what can I do for resolving the identification error Thanks

Hi Kamal,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please clarify what you mean by Upwork asking to verify your brother's identification? Did you initially register your brother's details when you signed up?

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Its initially registered on my details ok clear? but I want to buy connects unfortunately I have low balance on my account that's why I entered my brother's card detail since then it has been asking for my brother's identification. please look into this I am waiting since yesterday. Thanks

Hi Kamal,

Sorry for any confusion, the verification you're looking to complete is for the billing method you entered. Given that it is your brother's billing information, that's the information that must be verified. Kindly complete the verification as instructed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
187032b5
Community Member

Hi, I would like to ask about my ID Verification I already did the requirements needed to be verified. Can someone help me with this situation I need to be verified so I can submit some proposals to other clients. I hope you would help me with this, The identity verification wasn't shown on my settings which is need to get verified as soon as possible. Can you help me with this?

The same case with you, please have you resolve the problem? If you solve it please help me to guide me too

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths