🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
mihawkkk
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

i have trublle with Identity Verification, i live in lebanon, and the only way to verify my identity in lebanon is with passport, but i dont have passport,  is there any other way to work on this platform ?please i need help ASAP

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad, 

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,509 REPLIES 1,509
033ece5f
Community Member

Thanks Arjay for your Response, Yes i have recieved help from support

f341046a
Community Member

Hello! 

I am not able to contact customer support and Upwork did not pass my ID check. (My address is different on my ID than the one I have here) I try to click the link for customer support and it does not work. I am not able to move the process forward on verifying my ID. I've tried clearing cookies and a different browser. Any other ideas on what I can do next? 

Hi Cecillee,

I can see that you've contacted the team and a support ticket has been set up. Please allow our team time to review your account and you should be getting an update here and on your email.

~ Arjay
Upwork
59af8b3e
Community Member

Upwork makes something that should be very easy, difficult because it "costs them money" to verify our ID and apparently won't do so until you start making money. But how do you start making money on this app if you can't apply for any jobs because you need a verified ID. Does this make any sense? Can somebody please provide assistance and a clear direction on what needs to be done. 

You don't need verified ID in order to start applying to jobs.

Then how do you apply for jobs? When browsing jobs and finding one I like, I click on it. Then I hit apply and then it immediately tells me to verify my ID and does not allow me to apply.

Hi William,

In addition to Preston's response, I can confirm that your account doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. As Preston mentioned, you don't need a verified ID in order to start applying for jobs. You can definitely go and browse for jobs that suit you. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
59af8b3e
Community Member

Ok so you say I don't need to verify my ID to apply for jobs, but when I'm browsing jobs and I hit the apply button it then tells me to verify my ID and does not allow me to apply. How do I get around this?

Hi William,

Thank you for responding. I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue that you're having. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know and provide a screenshot so we can include it in our report.

~ AJ
Upwork
2f3cec4b
Community Member

2f3cec4b_0-1660674836817.png

What do i do wrong

Hi Sasha,

I have checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
2f3cec4b
Community Member

thank you so much for explain

cea7dfee
Community Member

Hello Upwork, I got the mail to verify my iD today after landing my first job. I was able to upload my ID card but I kept receiving time out with my visual Verification. Now, I can't even find the button to continue my visual verification.

Please what do I do? I have actually been looking forward to getting verified.

Hi Abasiakan,

I can confirm that your ID has been submitted to the team handling your case. Please allow them to review and If the team finds the need for you to perform additional verification, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete the process. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
b65965d6
Community Member

Hi,

Somedays ago I just messaged upwork for identity verification issue. Today I received the msg that my identity has been verified through email but still 'my account is temporary on hold' and ID verification pop-up showing. What should I do? kindly help me with this

Hi Summara,

I can confirm that your ID has been approved. I have also submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case regarding the temporary hold on your account. Kindly expect an update through this support ticket or your email with more details about the status of your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f97bef32
Community Member

Hi, friends. I did the identity verification a few days ago, but the ID document verification has not been approved for days even after I have done all the necessary steps. Could someone please help me with this? Thank you in advanced!

Hi Yin,

I checked with the team and you should be able to see the ID Verification badge on your profile now.

~Andrea
Upwork
f8e855db
Community Member

I have my profile completeness 100% however I would like to verify my identity as some jobs require a verified account however I can't find a button or a prompt to verify my identity.

Please help thank you very much

Jeff,

Re:" I would like to verify my identity as some jobs require a verified account however I can't find a button or a prompt to verify my identity."

There is NO button by which you can request to verify your identity. Upwork will ask you to verify your identity when they need and they will give you 7 days to complete this. Usually Upwork asks it when you earns a payment.

Thank you for your response, This means I need to land a job first and get paid. UGH! sadly some clients require a verified profile.

f97bef32
Community Member

Thanks, Andrea. My identity has been verified. Thanks again for your help. 

c9ebdafe
Community Member

Hello,

I have recently created my account but I am unable to see verify account in my profile.

Hi Kishore,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
0f5bc643
Community Member

Anyone else have ID verification failure?  My ID matches my name and is a valid form of ID.  Submitted my ticket days ago with no response from Upwork.  Anyone else I can get in contact?  Super frustrating for us freelancers

Hi Keenan,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm they confirmed that your document has been reviewed and approved. You can check one of the member's responses to this ticket to validate the changes taken on your account. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
df0ec377
Community Member

I created my Upwork account last week (August 6,2022). Since then, there's still no option for Id verification in the settings. I still didn't get an email regarding to it. I would like to know how long does it take to receive an email about the verification option? I have already started sending proposals. 

What should I do?

Hi Lindsay Angilique,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I have checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need to be verified yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. You can continue sending proposals and there should not be any problem. If the team finds the need for you to verify, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete the process. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
l_quimzon
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new here and I'm able to get a contract. I did receive an email for ID verification. But when I click the button, it shows "error Occurred. This page does not exist". I've checked my settings and the ID verification is not showing up. I already raised a ticked but still not showing any update. Here's the file attached. It's almost 7 days though. May I request help here instead? 

Hi Lloyd,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I already tried clearing cache and other web browsers including another computer. it still won't show up after I click the verification button in the email. My settings page is still the same as before. 

l_quimzon_0-1660959258961.png

Thank you for your confirmation Lloyd Joshua,

I reached out to the team handling your case and submitted a follow-up. You should be getting an update on this support ticket along with email notification. Feel free to communicate with the team if you have questions or clarifications.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d6757559
Community Member

Hi Upwork,
Recently, I have created profile on upwork. I want an id verification process to find work. Will you help me to do it as soon as possible. Thank you

Hi Azhar,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
6458ee8a
Community Member

I set up my Upwork account last week and when I uploaded my ID, I received a notification that the authentication failed. I have submitted two support tickets. One of which has been closed, although I still cannot submit proposals for jobs. 

I opened a new ticket, but have received zero help so far. I need to resubmit my ID, but can't find where to do so. All I get is the help bot and it is anything but helpful. 

Can somone advise on how to correct this issue? Thanks! 

If you look at your message, there are three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner. Click on the dots, and a menu will pop up. There is a menu that pops up with "notify moderator" at the bottom. Click on that item, and it will let you leave a message for the moderator.

It's been quite a while, but I remember having a similar issue. You might try changing the format.

Hi Jeanne, 

Thank you for that info!

I thought formatting may be the issue, but I can't find where I can resubmit it in a different format anywhere. 

I did follow your tip to notify the moderator! Hope you have a great weekend! 

Hi Brandi,

Thank you for your message. I can see the support ticket that's been set up with your concern and it's been forwarded to the appropriate team for further review. I have also submitted a follow-up to the team and you should be getting an update on the same support ticket here. Please allow our team time to review your case and don't hesitate to communicate if you have other concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7a550f7b
Community Member

I have uploaded my NIN slip twice and it has been rejected.

This is the only means of identification I have now and the slip is not yet accepted.

What can I do about this?

I need it urgently 

Hi Chidimma,

I totally understand that you need this resolved immediately. However, it looks like the team has reached out to you with information on how to complete your ID Verification. Feel free to check this support ticket and communicate with the team so that you can be assisted more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths